Jabba's Other Prize- Tauntaun Wall Hanger!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that looks great GB. If you get the head tilted up a bit then it will be perfect. I wish I had half your skill, then I could do the same thing to my Kenner Han Solo Tauntaun, he has both of his full horns. Wasn't the other creature on the other side of the carbonite block a Wampa head or am I just remembering something else?

I actually don't know what the other head was... a Wampa would be cool though :lol

This isn't too bad of a project; essentially you have to cut off the head; which is easy since the plastic is soft and thin. Then take a wood carving tool to carve out the harness parts. After that is done you use milliput (or a similar product) to sculpt the hair back in and close the seam between the head and neck. After that paint and you're done :duff I did not spend a great deal of time on getting the hair to look perfect, so its definitely an area that could be done better... or its also easy enough to fudge were no one would really notice :lol

Jerbas:
jerba0cx.jpg

shyerbas.jpg

Pacithhip_jerba_breeder.png

Thanks for posting that... I only found a sketch on Wookipedia, so I assumed it was just a EU/fan idea; but that image of Lucas w/one totally legitimizes it :rock

Now I want's one for my wall :lecture

Do you know if the wall hanger of the Jerba had horns like the illustration?

I really can't tell if the one in the film has horns, it's so difficult to see. It really just comes down to what version you like more. Actually, I just read that the jerba on the wall doesn't appear to have horns.

Last edited:
Kind of looks like a giant Shetland Pony :lol I think I'll have a go at making one; although kind of sad trophy for the Jabba's palace. I can't imagine killing of them would be too tricky :huh

A fair point... what a funny looking creature. Thanks again for the info; its always cool to learn something new about the OT :rock

Not sure yet, although I'm going to try to get something close to the B&W images... but unsure of how it will end up. Luckily the shapes are fairly basic on him, so I don't think a head and part of a neck would be too bad.

I had been meaning to do this when someone posted pics of this idea a while back, so I managed to get a 12" tauntaun for very cheap (using the Han Hoth clothes for a custom too.)

We are just beginning the dremeling of reins bits...

taun.png

Now I've seen the pics from ROTJ, I may try to straighten the neck and make him look "up" a bit...

Where is that Medical droid from? Is it a GG bust? I'd love to have one of those.

Keep us posted on your progress... its funny that even w/o any additional work just removing some of the reins looks pretty good.

Great job! I'd agree that the head should be tilted up a bit more, and I think it should also be on a wooden plaque like you often see with taxidermied animal heads. That's what Gentle Giant did for the Tauntaun on their Jabba's palace bookends.

lgtax9head2305.jpg

Coco and I were really not sure what was accurate, backer or no backer... but the last image (with Sy Snootles) kind of looks like there is one. I actually have a wooden disc I bought for the project, but at the time I finished the head I was leaning towards there not being a backer.

I will alter the angle a bit this weekend and do a test to see if I like how it looks with the backer.

Great job! I'd agree that the head should be tilted up a bit more, and I think it should also be on a wooden plaque like you often see with taxidermied animal heads. That's what Gentle Giant did for the Tauntaun on their Jabba's palace bookends.

Here's a pic of the frame, though hard to say if it's screen accurate or just made-up:

30311029.jpg

I can see why... looks pretty badass in the photo. Can't wait to see what you do with him :rock

Yeah, I couldn't put the 2-1B down when I got it. I took a pic of him and IG with their lights on, but never posted it in the IG thread.

Always loved this cut-scene pic:

21B_tauntaun.jpg

I actually don't know what the other head was... a Wampa would be cool though :lol

This isn't too bad of a project; essentially you have to cut off the head; which is easy since the plastic is soft and thin. Then take a wood carving tool to carve out the harness parts. After that is done you use milliput (or a similar product) to sculpt the hair back in and close the seam between the head and neck. After that paint and you're done :duff I did not spend a great deal of time on getting the hair to look perfect, so its definitely an area that could be done better... or its also easy enough to fudge were no one would really notice :lol

Thanks for the info GB, but I'm not talented enough to pull this off on my own:slap. That Jerba info and those Jerba pix are very cool. I just saw the other thread for the TaunTaun and Jerba hangers and I'm definitely interested in getting them both. Like I mentioned before, I have the Kenner 12" Han/Tauntaun and that one has both full horns and it doesn't look like the reins are connected to the head at all, it looks like it's just held in place by the bit in the mouth.

Back