Interest: TaunTaun and Jerba Wall Hangings!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, just checking to see how this is going.

I finished gluing my Tauntaun wall hanging (straight neck, with head angled up) and just need to paint the seams now. I will post a pic soon.

I would recommend people buy GB's Taun casting when it is done. I reglued a bunch of pieces from the Taun body to create the long straight neck piece and it was a major pain to get exactly right.

I'll need to check with Lopie... last I heard he'd purchased and Tauntaun and intended to send it my way. But I haven't heard from him in a bit. I'll let you guys know what's up when I find out :duff

Can't wait to see some pix of your finished piece squeak.

The pink is the color under the Hasbro reins paint. Where it connects to the wall I haven't cut yet (see pencil line) because I'm making the cut contour to the fur sculpt, so there's a few strands of "fur" visible against the wall when its mounted.

I'm going to paint this in the next week or so. What I'm going to do with it, I have no idea - don't have the wall segment yet.

taun-1.jpg

Yeah, nice job getting the angle of the neck to stick out straight like that. Looks pretty spot-on to the screen shots we've seen of it.

I'm not sure, I didn't actually do the chopping on the head this time around. Although looking at the pics Lopie posted I think the angle may be more upwards in keeping with the Hasbro sculpt.

I hope you guys are sculpting the neck. Getting the Hasbro Taun body parts into the screen accurate "straight" shape was a nightmare of clamps, glue and swearing.

While I got the fur directions to match for the most part, had I known how hard this was going to be, I would never have done it.:slap

GB - I wish you had posted your thread about 2 months earlier so I never would have bought the Hasbro Taun in the first place!

:lol :lol :lol

Sometimes it seems a lot of us have a similar idea around the same time :lol Guess something gets in the water and we all start buying stuff for the same custom project.

:gah:I thought maybe there was some new info on the project, I got kinda excited there for a minute.:lol

I never got the head from Lopie... and honestly since the my schedule picked up so its unlikely I'll be able to help out on this one. I'll still try to finish the Jerba I started, but not getting the other head made the whole project kind of a moot point.

Sorry fellas.

I never got the head from Lopie... and honestly since the my schedule picked up so its unlikely I'll be able to help out on this one. I'll still try to finish the Jerba I started, but not getting the other head made the whole project kind of a moot point.

Sorry fellas.

So a Jerba is still a possibility?:pray:

I'm not in any rush. I finished my taun head/neck then realized I have nowhere to put it...

I would still be interested in a Jerba head too, and I wouldn't be in any rush to get it either.

Well I'll keep working on it when I have time and then if it works out we can see about doing a casting.

Back