40" Wide PAX Shelf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phastroh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Once I started collecting PFs I thought uh ok well these Billy Shelfs are not cutting it and I'm not to excited trusting the DeTolfs I had either.

So I started researching and looking at others and yet I idiotically purchased a Besta that, well let's say, I didn't measure right. It did end up as the center of my wall as you can see in the pix. Just a different shelf idea to show you. It's a tv console lol I hung it by myself too and it's super heavy. I anchored it on one corner then had to swing it up and level it and mark it. OMG flashbacks are terrible.

I ended up finding what to me are the best shelves and they measure 93x23x30 PAX. Those are rounded numbers. So I got 2 and I thought this is perfect. Well Jabba didn't fit so I got a small table for him and while it's perfect, his minions are not happy with the room left. On top of that I have far too many PFs coming by mid next year that I will run out of room and that's having some share a shelf like Boba and a Jango or my Storm and Sandtrooper.

So I go to IKEA tonight to get 2 more and I never noticed they came in 40" wide versions good thing I didn't because they would not fit the layout in the front of the room.. These things are damn huge. Same as my current 2 but 10" wider. I can now use one for all my Halo pieces(not the ones on the billy shelf in photo)including the SS Halo Master Chief and I'm looking to get both the Red and Blue Leaders and I think they'll easily fit on one shelf. It will be mainly Halo pieces and the other I'll get later will be for Jabbas Throne and well probably Voltron and the art piece. I guess I can just use it now for what I have then split it up as I go

Maybe I'll get 2 more and sell my DeTolfs. These cost less than the DeTolfs or close to the same with 2 shelves. I got the low profile 36" Leds to like my other shelves use. You can use one power plug for 2 lights if you want it's so convenient.

It's a bit messy now as it's just slapped in place so no judging lol. Yes all these pieces and I have cheap Hasbro droids. Sorry I picked other items starting out so paying $200+ for C3PO is tough but I did get an unpainted R2. I will get them one day though cough cough ahem yeah. The shelf location is temporary I just set it up for a photo.

So anyone looking for s huge shelf for $100 plus $30 for 2 shelves there you go PAX at IKEA.

IMG_9640.jpgIMG_9642.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8917.jpg
    IMG_8917.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 98
Huh. Been looking for something to fit Jabba, the throne and some minions. I wonder if there is a short/ wide option?

I wish they'd make clear glass windows/doors for PAX like they have for the BESTA. Would be a nice display option for 1/3 scale or larger displays but all they have are sliding opaque or solid doors where you can't see anything inside. Custom doors I've heard are expensive to make.

I just went back to IKEA yesterday to get a second one. The part number is 502.145.60 and the shelf is 702.779.57. Total is $130 with 2 shelves.

I also use the 36" low profile LEDS they are I think $30 each so 3 per set if you do 3 sections but still this is a great unit for cheap. It takes 15-20min to build minus the back which is painful to do alone due to the size lol but you can't go with no back or risk damage to it upon standing it up and possibly have statues fall later on.

Once they are both up and well empty for now I post a pic.

Ok here's is both with 2 silly bullies in between.

Forgive my setup it's not done or anything I'm still installing and waiting on items. No lights and I'm not sure if the room will change. Gotta get my red and blue SS chiefs.IMG_9796.jpgIMG_9797.JPG

Yeah that looks nice. I feel like the collection can change quickly so I like having different size shelves.

I have the 30" wides as well for other things. Organizing this room seems never ending.

IMG_9114.jpg

Thanks this is temporary but I moved some stuff. I'm selling about 200 sealed and loose figures and vehicles with some NECA GOW and 3 Joyride Halos.

I kept many McFarlane faves like 30-40. Still have a besta filled with stuff like the ODST POD, a generator Arbiter stuff and rookie bike, etc. One day I'll be done for pix. I just use the low profile leds at IKEA I'll take a pic tomorrow.

I'll have my SS Red and Blue Leaders EXs before Xmas woot woot.

IMG_9826.jpg

Back