Interest: TaunTaun and Jerba Wall Hangings!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Astro :duff

I'm pretty confident with what I've learned from the first TaunTaun we'll be able to rock out on the new one :duff

I'll try and get some sculpey this week to start on the Jerba.

Cool, can't wait to see your WIP pix. Good luck, not that I think you need it, and most importantly have fun.

Hello all, a newbie here.....I am definately interested! I'm working on a diorama and had my eye on that Kenner taun taun for a bit now, just hard to justify the price only to chop its head off, ha. Anyway, add me to the list please, and as I progress with the diorama I'll be sure to show the pics......still early on, just starting on a display for Han.

:welcome Elbo, you are now officially a :FREAK:. Definitely make sure you post some pix of your diorama, WIP pix are great too. You're gonna find alot of other great customizers on here that I'm sure will give you lots of inspiration and tips. I just wish I was one of them:monkey2. :lol

Hey galactiboy, any WIP pix?

Yes, :welcome1: Elbosenasoles. Can't have enough customizers here as far as I'm concerned! Lots of people willing to help and share tips here, just ask. :)

Welcome Elbosenasoles; I'll add your name to the list.

A 2 horned TaunTaun is on its way to me as we speak; I had planned to also have the Jerba started... but turns out my Sculpey dried out :huh Guess I left it in the wrong environment :lol

So once I restock (hopefully this week) I'll get cracking on him as well :duff

Before I send the Tauntaun to GB I went a head a striped all the paint off the head. Hasbro actually did a good job on the sculpt there is a lot of detail on this thing. I still have to cut the neck to fit the right angle.

100_1561.jpg

100_1562.jpg

100_1564.jpg

100_1565.jpg

100_1566.jpg

Yeah, that looks really good w/the paint stripped off. Hasbro definitely had some talent; too bad the final product tended to be weak.

Yeah, that was why I picked up the TaunTaun with Han originally, cuz I thought the TaunTaun looked pretty good and I especially didn't think Sideshow would be making a 1/6th version.

That's great news, are there any pix of it from the con anywhere? The Probe Droid has always been my favorite SW Droid ever since I first saw it in the movie theater when I was a kid way back in '83. I hope they come up with a cool new way for it to appear like it's floating.

That's great news, are there any pix of it from the con anywhere? The Probe Droid has always been my favorite SW Droid ever since I first saw it in the movie theater when I was a kid way back in '83. I hope they come up with a cool new way for it to appear like it's floating.

Magnet on a base could work? Of course that'd be a $200 mistake these days if you bumped into it lol.

So I'm starting to rough out the shape of the Jerba... any thoughts on how much of him you want? I was thinking of going back to the base of his neck (approximately to this red line) and having him stick out straight from the wall.

jerba.jpg

That would mean probably a good 4" or so inches long since the heads on them seem pretty massive.

From the brief pics I remember seeing, and it's really hard to tell, but I'd say try to make it as similar in size as you can to the taun taun. They are, to Jabba I'm sure, art which highlights his Han center piece. So if the jerba and taun taun vary too much it may look any display we can make look odd.

I definitely think the heads will look best flanking Han if they are propotionate to each other.

Back