Interest: TaunTaun and Jerba Wall Hangings!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been talking with Lopie about offering casts and completed (painted) TaunTaun and Jerba taxidermy wall hangers for your collections. You can see a sample of my TaunTaun below; the one for this project will have two full horns.

Estimated price will be $35 each for a cast shipped in the US, a bit more to cover shipping if outside

Lopie and I are putting our heads :)lol) together to figure out a suitable Jerba sculpt that will be of a similar scale. And to be clear this is just an interest thread, no commitments or money is asked for until we get things finalized :lecture

If you are interested in one or Both; let me know and I'll add you to the list. Once we get more information and make some more progress I'll update the thread.

Interest List:
Qrest Fourstar
icruise
Wor Gar
swsqueakquels
boinkffd
crueshopofhorrors
Hollis DZC
Astro666
Elbosenasoles

Example of my completed TaunTaun (w/broken horn)

tauna.jpg

taunb.jpg

The TaunTaun on display
tauni.jpg

Here's an image of a Jerba; I assume the same head (or similar was used in Jabba's palace)

jerba0cx.jpg

**I'm also cross-promoting this in the Custom Commission section of the Forum**

Last edited:
Re: Interest: TaunTaun and Jerba Wall Hangings For All!!!

even though i know jack squat about casting couldn't there be a way to cast the neck more hollow?......possibly saving on resin amounts or would that be more of a pain than what it's worth?

It sounds like it would be more of a pain to be hollow... but I don't know jack about it either. I do think the cost will still be pretty reasonable in order to get these to people rather than make money off of it. And the painting is not too bad on the TaunTaun... mostly a lot of drybrushing and a bit of work around the eyes and mouth.

yea i suppose at that size a tad more resin wouldn't really be that much of a deal breaker. if i had the han/carb enviro i would go for it. cool little project though & glad i peeked in because i didn't know anything about the jerba either. kinda cool seeing an old sw pic that i had never seen before after all these years..........:)

Same here, I just found out about it from my TaunTaun thread... I knew there was another wall hanger, just never what it was. And to find out its from ANH, even cooler :rock

O.T. 4-EVA..................:lecture

:lol

Is there a clear picture of the head in Jabba's palace? I couldn't find one.

I was unable to find one either... the only thing was a description from a website (with pictures of the TaunTaun) that described it w/o horns. So from that I'm guessing it was probably just a left over prop from ANH... versus something they created just for Jabba's Palace.

I was unable to find one either... the only thing was a description from a website (with pictures of the TaunTaun) that described it w/o horns. So from that I'm guessing it was probably just a left over prop from ANH... versus something they created just for Jabba's Palace.

Either way, you did a great job on that GB!

Thanks man :duff

Actually were you referring to a pic of the TaunTaun or Jerba? I was thinking Jerba since that was the previous post... but I just realize you may have been talking about the TaunTaun. This is the clearest one of it I could find.

tthead2.jpg

Thanks man :duff

Actually were you referring to a pic of the TaunTaun or Jerba? I was thinking Jerba since that was the previous post... but I just realize you may have been talking about the TaunTaun. This is the clearest one of it I could find.

tthead2.jpg

Yup I was talking about the TaunTaun.

Yep, see my post above... I thought you meant a pic of the Jerba taxidermy :lol But there are a few of the TaunTaun, the one I posted and yours are the clearest ones I've seen.

I see a mounting board there in razz's picture. Never seen that shot before.

I can remember coming across a couple of good pics of the two heads when I was doing my Jabba's Palace...I'll try root them out

I'm making my taun head as posted in the other thread, but I'd definitely be up for a sculpted Jerba head!

I have another pretty good photo of the Jerba from a different angle to the George Marcia Lucas one already posted, will have to dig to find it. IT's a pic of the prop, not a sketch.

It's one of the least interesting SW creatures, probably just as well they never showed the head up close. Looks like a dog or something. Does anyone have the ROTJ Blu Ray to see if the Jerba head is there at all in the background?

Back