Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I would be shocked if Sideshow let the announcement of 12" Boba Fett get to the fans in such a way.

Yeah, that gets left to the French or Magazines. :lol

MaulFan said:
What could have been:
jabba_box.jpg

What is:
dsc02568.jpg

Well, we now know which figure is the first to have the new packaging.

I like that better too, MaulFan. The Jabba box reminds me of a statue from Gentle Giant more than 12" figure. I wish they'd kept it a little more in line with the other boxes thus far. Even Salacious and co. had a uniform box, and I half expected them to be in a white mailer.

tomandshell said:
I would be shocked if Sideshow let the announcement of 12" Boba Fett get to the fans in such a way.

Remember Darth Maul's revelation though? The SW Insider leaked the info a week or so ahead of time.

I still can't believe that grainy camera phone pic I took of it spread around like wildfire... :lol

As for Jabba and his minions, I can't believe it's coming this fast either. I'm very glad now that I cancelled the whole setup because there's no way I could afford it so soon after the holidays. I wonder though how many will end up cancelling now for the same reason?

It seems foolish now for Sideshow to allow an extension on the Dagobah Luke/Yoda PF for collectors who can't afford a huge hit on their cards, but now they're going to be dropping Jabba on them around the same time and give those who delay Dagobah a double whammy!! :rolleyes:

Wor-Gar said:
I guess what this could be above Salacious is the throne -- the arm rest and bowl section. :confused:

I do think you're right about that. I can see it to now that I have a point of reference.

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
I guess what this could be above Salacious is the throne -- the arm rest and bowl section. :confused:

I'm sure it's just creature pack items and the throne would be a separte image cuz the images are of unique items, which now you make me wonder, would they picture the throne on the back, that'd be a pretty lame image unless it was one with Jabba on it, but since the images have been figures and that's an environment, maybe it'll never be depicted on a figure box and just have figures on the back of it's box.

Xander said:
I like that better too, MaulFan. The Jabba box reminds me of a statue from Gentle Giant more than 12" figure. I wish they'd kept it a little more in line with the other boxes thus far. Even Salacious and co. had a uniform box, and I half expected them to be in a white mailer.

Yeah, would have been nice to have everything stay the same but Lucas has demanded everyone do the same thing for this year. So it will be 2008 before we get back to the boxes we've come to love.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Remember Darth Maul's revelation though? The SW Insider leaked the info a week or so ahead of time.

I still can't believe that grainy camera phone pic I took of it spread around like wildfire... :lol

As for Jabba and his minions, I can't believe it's coming this fast either. I'm very glad now that I cancelled the whole setup because there's no way I could afford it so soon after the holidays. I wonder though how many will end up cancelling now for the same reason?

It seems foolish now for Sideshow to allow an extension on the Dagobah Luke/Yoda PF for collectors who can't afford a huge hit on their cards, but now they're going to be dropping Jabba on them around the same time and give those who delay Dagobah a double whammy!! :rolleyes:
]

Jabba's about half the cost of the PF though.

Wor-Gar said:
:lol Remember white mailers? :lol

I knew somebody was bound to get that! :D

Perhaps, still grasping out at straws here, Bubo comes with Han in Carbonite...To coincide with the Boba fett...That may not exist.

MaulFan said:
I'm sure it's just creature pack items and the throne would be a separte image cuz the images are of unique items, which now you make me wonder, would they picture the throne on the back, that'd be a pretty lame image unless it was one with Jabba on it, but since the images have been figures and that's an environment, maybe it'll never be depicted on a figure box and just have figures on the back of it's box.

Yeah, you're right. Anyway, I guess the new "leak" is Bubo.

Bubo's pretty large though, right? Isn't he like knee-high? So he'd be pretty large to come with much more than a smaller creature. Unless he comes with more parts for the Jabba throne display -- like the fire pit and spit behind Jabba.

Just cuz I'm retentive sometimes, here's what could have been, using the 30th Anniversary style, I hope it was heavy Lucasfilm dictation and not Sideshow's idea to go so far away from the 1/6 style.

jabba_box.jpg

MaulFan said:
]

Jabba's about half the cost of the PF though.

No, I realize that. My line of thought (and maybe I didn't express it clearly enough) is that Sideshow is letting people slide for a month on a $350 item because they realize that money is tight. But then around the time when that delayed PF is processed and charged, many collectors will now have another $150+ being charged as well (Jabba and creatures).

I just have a feeling there will be quite a few people annoyed by that and asking what's the point of the delay. Pay $350 now and then another $150 (barring the throne being ready and charged at that time too) or wait a few weeks and pay $500 all at once.

I just don't see how it's much of a help anymore, and I think there will be cancellations of either the PF or Jabba set because of this.

OH Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he doesn't ship before the 2nd week of FEB. Looks fabulous!!! Bubo is very welcome. I have a great feeling that we all will be in awe when we see pics at the 07 TOY FAIR!!!

MaulFan said:
Just cuz I'm retentive sometimes, here's what could have been, using the 30th Anniversary style, I hope it was heavy Lucasfilm dictation and not Sideshow's idea to go so far away from the 1/6 style.

jabba_box.jpg

Everyone is having to do this so why would it be SS that just up and decided? I'm sure they took a ton of time to get the art we like decided to just up and change? I don't think so.

Turbo said:
OH Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he doesn't ship before the 2nd week of FEB. Looks fabulous!!! Bubo is very welcome. I have a great feeling that we all will be in awe when we see pics at the 07 TOY FAIR!!!

I agree. I think TF 07 is gonna be crazy.

Back