Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of Hasbro's Bubo (found the correct spelling) which I have borrowed from Rebelscum. I must tell you, and I hope Dave reads this, their Photo Archive is a fantastic resource.

sw04ultradenizensbubols.jpg

jedibear said:
And at least the motif is the same as the rest of the line so that's cool (no 30th anni logo though...hmmmm)
It's in the lower left corner.

Wor-Gar said:
Jabbabackbox.jpg

Here's closer -- not clear, but who's in the middle? Almost looks like a white-armored clone!? Or some Hoth Rebel!

And yeah, that's Bubo.

I do see Salacious there (second from left) but the pic is so blurry it almost looks like a Hoth soldier doesn't it?

jedibear said:
Thank you for the excellent shots, Roy! He looks fantastic!
While some may lament the lack of window on the box, I don't mind...I'd rather the focus be on keeping Jabba well-packed for shipment and this box seems to fit the bill. And at least the motif is the same as the rest of the line so that's cool (no 30th anni logo though...hmmmm)
The coloring on Jabba looks great! Good sculpt too...
As for the possible addition creature pack...yes, looks like Bubo but I think it's a safe bet he's not alone. A B'morr Monk perhaps?

Roy? What's the scoop?

I would say that Jabba's packagin is a hybrid of the 1/4 and 1/6 lines, I'm a little sad they didn't go with the 1/6 line exact style like I had mocked up, but at least what's inside the box is fantastic and I can't wait to get mine.

What's that red/orange ball on the top right of the image behind Bubo? Could be a staff or a head or something.

Anyone else see it?

Wor-Gar said:
I do see Salacious there (second from left) but the pic is so blurry it almost looks like a Hoth soldier doesn't it?

Ya, the other creatures behind him have formed a light and shadow mix that almost looks like a trooper, I really had to look close to see the form of Salacious sitting in the corner.

Great pics! Guess he will be here ASAP. Means I better make an extra payment to the CC to help balance things out a little. Glad he's coming but gotta find room like yesterday. Box design is as I thought it would be with no open window pane and the 30th design. Bubo will be cool and guess that means another creature pack. Bring it on!!!!

I think it's funny that no one is really commenting on Jabba... just what's on the box.

Xander said:
What's that red/orange ball on the top right of the image behind Bubo? Could be a staff or a head or something.

Anyone else see it?

It's either a more lightly colored or more heavily lit portion of whatever comes with him.

Batty said:
I think it's funny that no one is really commenting on Jabba... just what's on the box.

Well we've all been enjoying his beauty from afar in SDCC and Sideshow images, this just confirms how nice he'll be in hand, so rather than gawk over him and grow impatient waiting, we divert to speculation about new product cuz that's less frustrating on patience haha.

I don't know about anyone else but I like the box art MaulFan posted better than this one. I just think it looks too plain.

The 30th Anniversary packaging mandated by Lucas is plain, there's no doubt about it. I already have a few Gentle Giant items in the new boxes and they are definitely going for a plain and simple approach across the board for all companies producing Star Wars stuff this year.

MaulFan said:
Well we've all been enjoying his beauty from afar in SDCC and Sideshow images, this just confirms how nice he'll be in hand, so rather than gawk over him and grow impatient waiting, we divert to speculation about new product cuz that's less frustrating on patience haha.

Yeah, waiting for this has been hard. Because of the awe I think so many of us that saw him at SDCC. He just looks amazing!!

wookilar8 said:
I don't know about anyone else but I like the box art MaulFan posted better than this one. I just think it looks too plain.

You can thanks GL for that.

Oh yeah, I forgot...Jabba looks awesome, it's a shame I don't have the room for him or it'd one heck of a centerpiece. I can't get over how lifelike it is. I'm looking forward to all the "Jabba's Palace" diaromas to come in the next couple of months!

I think it's Boba Fett standing behind Cody. Wishiful thinking yes, BUT it is concieveable that SS do the ROTJ version since Medi is doing the ESB one. Yeah, I'm out on a limb here!

Remember to blame Lucas, not Sideshow. The changes were imposed upon them.

(And is it just a shadow or trick of the light, or did that little dog poop on the box?)

Back