Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sith Lord 0498 said:
No, I realize that. My line of thought (and maybe I didn't express it clearly enough) is that Sideshow is letting people slide for a month on a $350 item because they realize that money is tight. But then around the time when that delayed PF is processed and charged, many collectors will now have another $150+ being charged as well (Jabba and creatures).

I just have a feeling there will be quite a few people annoyed by that and asking what's the point of the delay. Pay $350 now and then another $150 (barring the throne being ready and charged at that time too) or wait a few weeks and pay $500 all at once.

I just don't see how it's much of a help anymore, and I think there will be cancellations of either the PF or Jabba set because of this.

I see what you're saying now, I misinterpreted where you were going with things. Well it's a tough call, but it would take doing a comparrison of who has the PF on order as well as Jabba items and that could take a lot of work. I didn't order the PF so it's all a mute point to me, and perhaps for the majority of PF buyers/Jabba buyers, they aren't getting both either.

jlcmsu said:
Everyone is having to do this so why would it be SS that just up and decided? I'm sure they took a ton of time to get the art we like decided to just up and change? I don't think so.

Why couldn't SSC decide to do different packaging for large scale items. The GG boxes are very minimally altered for the 30th anniversary and my point is that I can't imagine some minor adjusting to include the style GG is using, couldn'g incorporate the graphics style already use as I demonstrated, but it's possible Lucasfilm knows where collectibles rank with fans and may see Sideshow as like a flagship of high end collecting and puts more into their lines than GG or MR. Anyway, like I said before, regardless of the packaging not being up to the par I would have liked, the figure inside is and I can't wait.

MaulFan said:
Why couldn't SSC decide to do different packaging for large scale items. The GG boxes are very minimally altered for the 30th anniversary and my point is that I can't imagine some minor adjusting to include the style GG is using, couldn'g incorporate the graphics style already use as I demonstrated, but it's possible Lucasfilm knows where collectibles rank with fans and may see Sideshow as like a flagship of high end collecting and puts more into their lines than GG or MR. Anyway, like I said before, regardless of the packaging not being up to the par I would have liked, the figure inside is and I can't wait.

I understand but I'd bet a lot that Lucas came to everyone and said everything must look a like. No exceptions.

Like you and like we talked about over at RS I'm about what's inside myself.

Now that I look at the box and all, I can't help but wonder where and how they'll package that little cup in there so it doesn't get lost or overlooked when Inclusive owners take Jabba out.

are you guys seriously crying over the box design?? :confused::confused:

MaulFan said:
Now that I look at the box and all, I can't help but wonder where and how they'll package that little cup in there so it doesn't get lost or overlooked when Inclusive owners take Jabba out.

They'll probably have a little cut out spot for it like they do with some of the stuff that comes with the PF pieces.

what is that cut on his tail? I dont remember seeing that in the movie, it's been awhile

nash said:

Yup, I'm still excited over the figure and happy with it all, but part of me is bothered that the box design doesn't keep the pattern going, I like consitency in things that are in the same family, which is why I was glad that Lucasfilm made the first batch of OT DVDs use the same style cover art, but was upset they used silver and gold instead of blue and gold for widescreen and fullscreen, it's just nice when you see a body of work by a company all together and it looks like they all fit, and I just think that what seems to be the style for 30th anniversary packaging for SSC and GG, it could have been done and would look a little different but the overall box could match and if you had all of your Sideshow boxes together it'd look like a nice group, now Jabba at least will be an oddball. The test of whether Jabba is a Sideshow decision or lucasfilm will be other 07 releases, if they keep up the look and just add the subtle 30th touch, then Jabba was a special case.

nash said:
what is that cut on his tail? I dont remember seeing that in the movie, it's been awhile

Some random injury they opted to give him, or perhaps some sort of damage occured building the prop and the easiest way to patch it was to add a wound look to it, there are images out there where you can see that it was in the film, and is testament to Sideshow's attention to detail in their sculpting, much like the little wound on the underside of Bib's tentacle.

I do think Jabba will be a special case in that he needed a different style box because of his design. I even mentioned they might go with a PF style box on this one and this is fairly close. I think the rest of the 07 stuff will be back to the multiwindow deisgn.

nash said:

That's where Salacious "nibbles" on Jabba's tail. Remember the scene when they are all sleeping, and Salacious is watching Jabba's tail slowly writhe like a cat who's about to pounce? I think that wound is from when he "pounces".

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't care what the box looks like. Its going under the table once I get it anyway so it could be in a plain white box for all I care.

CRAP!!!!!!!!

I was banking on this being a little bit delayed.

I think I'm OK with Jabba but if the throne arrives too - then my wife will KILL ME!!!!!!!!!

nash said:

No ****. We have good clear pics of the AWESOME Jabba and people are *****ing about box art?

Who in their right mind would leave this figure in the box?

I have misrepresented myself. I talk a lot about the box cuz I have things to say about it, but deep down, bottom line, I want the Jabba figure, and I can't wait. It's funny, you look at those shots Roy posted and he's clearly using all sorts of lighting cuz you see about 4 variations on Jabba's colors due to the lighting. What I'm hoping the true color scheme will be in hand is the 2 shots where he is a more peachy/orange tone with the green:

dsc02571.jpg

dsc02589_891.jpg

Wow, Jabba already?! I'm definitely glad I bailed on the throne now or I'd be in a world of hurt.

Looks like he survived the production process nicely.

Back