J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

pvp20081118.gif

Wow, where did you find that old Spock picture? Is it a freeze frame, or sceen cap from the new Star Trek movie?

Some nits aside, I REALLLY want this to relaunch Trek because it looks so amazing. Im praying there is a solid story in there as well.

I didnt deny is awesome sauce...he just looks odd. Perhaps the image? He looks like those kids from The X-files movie when the Aliens took them over....black eyes...

I didnt deny is awesome sauce...he just looks odd. Perhaps the image? He looks like those kids from The X-files movie when the Aliens took them over....black eyes...

Looks fine to me, though. As Kabukiman pointed out, he playing a 150-year-old Vulcan. He isn't supposed to look like he's 17.

As for the eyes, I don't see what you are referring to. They look normal to me. Maybe your monitor is out of adjustment? :huh

Any one know what kind of following Star Trek has in, ohh say Hong Kong? I'd love some Hot Toys figures out of this.

Looks fine to me, though. As Kabukiman pointed out, he playing a 150-year-old Vulcan. He isn't supposed to look like he's 17.

As for the eyes, I don't see what you are referring to. They look normal to me. Maybe your monitor is out of adjustment? :huh

Probably. Looked really creepy the first time I saw it.

'Star Trek' Returns with Classic Plot Device
Dec 12 2008

There's nothing Star Trek can't solve with time travel. Need a few 1980s whales in the 23rd century? Not a problem. Hop back in time, cover Spock's conspicuously pointed ears with a headband, pack some whales in some transparent aluminum, call it a day. It will work out. Don't worry about it.

In a recent interview with TrekMovie.com, Star Trek co-writer Robert Orci has revealed that the trend is not over (spoilers, I guess):
TrekMovie: From the trailer, and certainly from the four scene preview, there is no doubt that things are different. Pike and Kirk are hanging out in a bar. The ship looks different. Kirk is on the Enterprise and not headed to the Farragut. People are seeing Romulans…things are different. Now it has been revealed in the Entertainment Weekly article that Nero goes back in time and attacks the Kelvin, and JJ also talked about this during his previews. So the big question is: Is the destruction of the Kelvin, the canon reason why everything is different?

Orci: It is the reason why some things are different, but not everything is different. Not everything is inconsistent with what might have actually happened, in canon. Some of the things that seem that they are totally different, I will argue, once the film comes out, fall well within what could have been the non-time travel version of this move.

TrekMovie: So, for example, Kirk is different, because his back story has totally changed, in that his parents…and all that. But you are saying that maybe Scotty or Spock’s back story would not be affected by that change?

Orci: Right.

TrekMovie: Does the time travel explain why the Enterprise looks different and why it is being built in Riverside Iowa?

Bob: Yes, and yes.
Time travel is like hot glue. It can hold together almost anything, even disjointed canon, and you never notice because it's clear. Ignore that the clearness is often lumpy and has some stringy bits coming off. It works, OK? For all you know, our current timeline is only the result of Q allowing Picard to go back in time to change a 20th century event that would later destroy the Enterprise. You have no room to talk when you may well be the product of Star Trek time travel.

Not only that but he is successful and that is what throws off the continuity.

Not only that but he is successful and that is what throws off the continuity.

So by going back in time he seriously improves their technology and makes them all younger and hotter than they ever were?

Back