J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

A note about the effects in Voyage Home, at one point the animatronic wales were so convincing, the producers had to answer to certain agencies about how they got soo close to real wales. Yes, maybe the government is just full of fools or maybe, just mayyybe the effects WERE that good.

That's special effects--I'm talking about visual effects, right from the beginning things looked bad.

Awesome, that looks like a funny show! I've never seen an episode, but I may need to check it out now.

The first season is out on DVD. You tube has alot of clips too. I actually know guys like this.

I dated one.........:lol

That's good. I was praying that Abrams didn't change the names. He needed to leave those alone. I can see changes to the tech, and the ships, and uniforms, but not their names. I'm glad to hear the names are the same as they should be! :D

Thanks for the link about the footage. The movie sounds great to me. I can't wait to Leonard Nimoy back as Spock again. Very cool.

Last edited:

The first season is out on DVD. You tube has alot of clips too. I actually know guys like this.

Yep, it's the funniest show on television, right there with The Office and 30 Rock. I've had the same arguments. Hell, people are arguing the quality of Star Trek V right now!

Sorry about the name scare on the Scotty front. I read it here:
Star Trek Footage Debuts in New York!
And it looks like they changed it.

On another note, has anyone ever been to this website?Ex Astris Scientia

Funny, pics of this movie Enterprise looks a hell of a lot like the constitution refit from the old movies, saucer looks the same..almost exactly the same, i really like this design and curious if the movies will stretch further on to see a refit done to this version.

Mind you, I'm not admitting to anything but, every week when we watch the show, at some point my wife will invariably look directly at me, pause, and then burst out laughing.

And now, whenever I wear a short sleeve T over a long sleeve, she greets me with "Hello, Sheldon".

Oh, and Penny is hot!

A Harry take on the footage.

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/39162

He only brings up two scenes. Not what I'd call spoilers (atleast major). The article is mostly about Trek in general and what this movie may bring to it.

Last edited:

Thats the best review i have read yet, up until this point.

Damn after watching the trailer JJ just might bring Trek into the mainstream! Holy ^^^^! This is not my Dads Trek that is for sure. Looks great! :rock

Funny, pics of this movie Enterprise looks a hell of a lot like the constitution refit from the old movies, saucer looks the same..almost exactly the same, i really like this design and curious if the movies will stretch further on to see a refit done to this version.

There was an interview with Abrams I think on AICN, where he said that the enterprise from the Motion Picture really had an impact on him so I think that's why there are so many similarities.

Finally saw the trailer a couple of days ago and have watched it multiple times. The Skydiving chase looks intense, I hope it's not too short lived. And they have Sulu fencing! :D

Looks great, can't wait to see more.

Back