J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

You are correct sir Rex! That is the proper spelling for James Kirk's middle name. It has been spelled like that since the original series in the 1960s.

Really? The proper Roman spelling is Tiberius, not Tiberious.

Anyway, I'm liking what I see so far. Looking forward to seeing it.

Really? The proper Roman spelling is Tiberius, not Tiberious.

Anyway, I'm liking what I see so far. Looking forward to seeing it.

Whateva...:rolleyes:
If you guys also remember his tombstone read James R Kirk
in the episode "Where no man..."
Either Mitchell was taking a dig at Kirk from the Academy days or it was a continuity error.

The producers said the James R. Kirk on the headstone was a mistake. It should have been a "T" instead of an R.

I was agreeing that Tiberius was the correct spelling for Kirk's middle name.

17 hours! WE WONT EVEN LAST 17 MINUTES!!

*adopts Simpsons comic-shop nerd voice* I believe you'll find the quote was '17 days? Hey man I don't wanna rain on your parade but we're not gonna last 17 hours'

only joking I know that wouldn't have translated entirely well to the context you were using it. Just acknowledging your film referance

This looks so bad...

Kirk can drive? That's interesting since he had a pretty rough time doing it in "A Piece of the Action". JJ Abrams and crew clearly don't give a ^^^^ about their source material. Star Trek has always prided itself on continuity and now it's running over everything we know.

For all we know, Nimoy might not be the Spock we've know from the old series. Darklord Dave suggested that Nimoy's Spock (in this film) may be from an alternate universe or something.

For all intents and purposes, most people are seeing this flick as a reboot. As of now, we don't know what role Nimoy's Spock will fulfill, so character histories and details are up in the air (including Kirk's ability to drive).

That's true. Abrams is trickling out a little bit in the trailer, but not enough that we all know what is going on for sure. Star Trek has been known to have time travel, alternate realities, etc. So I'm preparing for anything now. He's (J.J. Abrams) shown himself to be unpredictable, in a good way, with LOST. One of my favorite T.V. shows. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with Star Trek. I don't think that he has abandoned the source material...otherwise we wouldn't recognize anyone, or anything at all. We don't know yet if the movie will ruin continuity or not, until we see it next summer.

In his brief few seconds of the trailer, Karl Urban looked perfect as Bones. Just wanted to say that.

This looks so bad...

Kirk can drive? That's interesting since he had a pretty rough time doing it in "A Piece of the Action". JJ Abrams and crew clearly don't give a ^^^^ about their source material. Star Trek has always prided itself on continuity and now it's running over everything we know.

Can you drive a "flivver" from the '30s? Even if you can drive a stick, I'm betting there's a learning curve.

Back