Its awful dead in here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, it looks like it not going to change anytime soon. Disney has plans to release a Star Wars movie every year and Marvel bring out at least 2 movies. The porcelain Stormtrooper is an indicator of where their priorities lie. It's no accident I've been buying a lot of unlicensed figures lately.

Let’s think about it, when I was young movie collecting of adults were Frankenstein, Mole People, Creature from The Black Lagoon etc. I kept thinking those things are cool but old and “Empire Strikes Back / Clash of the Titans” was the cool stuff!! I often look at my HT collection of Predator, Alien, Terminator, OT SW etc and think “WOW……I’m that guy I remember collecting Creature from the Black Lagoon”!

Just some thoughts!!

Now that's true, and you bring up an excellent point but the guy was 5 years older than me! :lol

Well it looks like they're focusing on "new properties" that can have an infinite amount of repaints. So they save on re-using the same molds.

In a perfect world, 2.0 releases of Marines, Predator, and Endos would have die-cast armor.

Unfortunately, it looks like it not going to change anytime soon. Disney has plans to release a Star Wars movie every year and Marvel bring out at least 2 movies. The porcelain Stormtrooper is an indicator of where their priorities lie. It's no accident I've been buying a lot of unlicensed figures lately.

Yeah unlicensed seems to be the way to go now. To be honest i'm quite happy if some other companies take up the mantle of the older licenses where ht toys left it. Its not like i have loyalty to only hot toys, i don't, its just at times it seems like they are only ball game in town when it comes to quality 1/6th scale figures.

Companies like Blitzway are filling me with some hope though. I'm not saying its all bad because it's not. Some companies are focusing on the older licenses we all know and love such as Neca. The good thing i suppose is there's more of these companies then there ever was and that bodes well for the future.

I don't know if ht has exclusive rights to say the alien franchise in 1/6th scale but i'd love for some other company to be given a shot at it like Blitzway or Art Figures. I was really impressed with the Judge Dredd figure they did and the upcoming Ghostbuster figures by Blitzway look fantastic to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the upcoming Alien convenant and the predator will breathe some life in this genre.

But now, the Alien and the Terminator have become like Dracula and Frankenstein -- too familiar... too common... from comic books and toys... people here can tell you the most intricate details of a creature that should never be known.

All too true. Case in point: Right now, as we speak, there's an Alien Queen Hallmark ornament hanging in stores next to Rudolph, Linus, Holiday Barbie and the rest.

I remember going to see Top Gun in the theater and seeing that first terrifying glimpse of the Queen at the end of the first ALIENS teaser. Now she's a Christmas decoration.

Let’s think about it, when I was young movie collecting of adults were Frankenstein, Mole People, Creature from The Black Lagoon etc.
why would anybody collect toys based on outdated movies? :dunno

Enterbay and Hot Toys are just as bad as each other. Enterbay's tunnel vision for NBA frustrates me the most after some great quarter scale Terminator/Robocop offerings.

Enterbay and Hot Toys are just as bad as each other. Enterbay's tunnel vision for NBA frustrates me the most after some great quarter scale Terminator/Robocop offerings.

I thought the reason Enterbay turned to making NBA 1/4 scale figures was because hot toys bought up those 1/4 scale licenses i.e the Endoskeleton was it not?

I thought the reason Enterbay turned to making NBA 1/4 scale figures was because hot toys bought up those 1/4 scale licenses i.e the Endoskeleton was it not?

That's what I thought too. HT cockblocked EB out of everything remotely interesting. And never made anything with the licenses.

They have no other option but to release NBA and Chinese figures now. Robocop was their latest great figure.

That's what I thought too. HT cockblocked EB out of everything remotely interesting. And never made anything with the licenses.

They have no other option but to release NBA and Chinese figures now. Robocop was their latest great figure.

Enterbay did a great job when they were in their heyday though. The battle damaged t2 figure is imo the best representation of arnold in t2 then any other figure in any other scale. I would have loved to see what they would have continued to produce(had they been allowed to!)

I think EB could get back in the game. With the new tendency for "Splicensing" (splitting licensing) EB just has to pony up for their piece of the pie.

There are currently 3 companies, 4 styles (ThreeZero, Mondo, Dream Ex) making 1:6 scales TMNTs. All the have to do is toss in a gimmick or sell in a particular territory.

I think EB could get back in the game. With the new tendency for "Splicensing" (splitting licensing) EB just has to pony up for their piece of the pie.

There are currently 3 companies, 4 styles (ThreeZero, Mondo, Dream Ex) making 1:6 scales TMNTs. All the have to do is toss in a gimmick or sell in a particular territory.

They can't if HT has them all. They won't share. And they won't make **** at the same time.

Enterbay did a great job when they were in their heyday though. The battle damaged t2 figure is imo the best representation of arnold in t2 then any other figure in any other scale. I would have loved to see what they would have continued to produce(had they been allowed to!)

Their T-1000 also has the best likeness.

I kind of just contributed to the problem by caving and buying a Hot Toys Vader. I actually got so bored of not buying any high end figures that I broke and got him. I justify him as an 70s/80s icon alongside Terminator, Robocop and Batman so I figured why not.

Please don't hurt me.
16%2B-%2B1

But seriously...

giphy.gif

Just going a bit off topic for a minute but aside from collecting figures, I'm a bit of a vehicle buff myself so here are a couple of vehicles I'd love to see ht do. Though some of their figures are a little disappointing the one area i think Hot Toys still has me hooked is on their vehicle line.

I know they started doing vehicles with the tumbler first and then the batmobile but I'm hoping against hope that someday they do at least one of the following. Again wishful thinking but at least blitzway is gonna make the ecto 1!

harley-davidson-fatboy-terminator.jpg

11.jpg

cine1.jpg.8ee4cadcb7448334737f4eeee6332505.jpg

index.php

latest

latest

Mad-max-1.jpg

41455c78340ef5f5996a061cfbf96e2d.jpg

68268d25e3834ef365f3e280141b1d92.jpg

bdfb0094168b3d59745b19472603aadf.jpg

image.jpg

2-back-to-the-future-marty-doc-delorean-large_trans++wMpl-Jpdv5EMZZkofEupHLdu0TL-Cg_AMOUqySXmFgU.jpg

Last edited:
You guys make it sound like Hot Toys has never made anything from older properties. They were never going to make T2 John Conner, Clarence Boddicker, or Bishop. While these characters are important to the movies they are from, they are not exactly exciting from an action figure point of view. We got multiple Terminators, Robocops and Aliens. They have little reason to go back and redo Uncle Bob again. He has had 3 seperate releases. Even NECA doesn't dabble that deep into their figure lines.

Just going a bit off topic for a minute but aside from collecting figures, I'm a bit of a vehicle buff myself so here are a couple of vehicles I'd love to see ht do. Though some of their figures are a little disappointing the one area i think Hot Toys still has me hooked is on their vehicle line.

I know they started doing vehicles with the tumbler first and then the batmobile but I'm hoping against hope that someday they do at least one of the following. Again wishful thinking but at least blitzway is gonna make the ecto 1!

View attachment 305892

HT made the BTTF DeLorean and I believe they are making the BTTF2 one as well. Forum link here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ot-toys-future-1-6-delorean-time-machine.html

Back