Its awful dead in here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really issues per se. Just that they have to get each actors permission to use their likeness which = $$$$

For a 20+ year old franchise, they'd likely not make their money back.

So, that being said, I'm trying to resist the urge to buy the Neca figs.
i tried to resist, too.
cannot find a-dev's comment about my fearless resistance, but he summed it up perfectly.

i tried to resist, too.
cannot find a-dev's comment about my fearless resistance, but he summed it up perfectly.

Hmmm...offhand I can't remember what that was. I'd have to search for it aswell. Presumably in the NECA Alien thread.

Hmmm...offhand I can't remember what that was. I'd have to search for it aswell. Presumably in the NECA Alien thread.
yep.
found it:
Slowly but surely giving in. :D
since that comment i got Vasquez, 3 intact blue aliens, 1 exploding blue alien, a "grey" version of A3, a second Isolation alien, a black (actually very brown, like Isolation) Genocide alien, a Walmart edition A1 (which is much better than standart one, as it is painted in the same scheme as Isolation)... and waiting for Hicks and Hudson if they are remade with better skin.

...forgot about Frost and Ripley not in a spacesuit.
so i don't know about others, my needs are met.

Last edited:
IMG_4304.JPG
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4300.JPG
IMG_4306.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG
IMG_4305.JPG
IMG_4312.JPG
IMG_4313.JPG
IMG_4308.JPG
IMG_4307.JPG
IMG_4310.JPG
IMG_4309.JPG

Well, I honestly don't see HT doing more Terminators, and to an extension, anything from Robocop/Predator etc simply because the current pop culture properties are at it's peak. There wasn't a DC cinematic universe back when they decided to revisit the T-800 in the form of the DX10, and at the end of the day, old properties will never sell as well as a new Tony Stink figure, so as much as I hate it, I can't blame HT for following the money.

True story, I was once asked by a hardcore Marvel collector on why I collect "toys based on outdated movies" and it hit me that a lot of Asian collectors are into what's hip and new. I honestly don't mean anything disparaging by such a remark, but it certainly reflects the demographic Howard Chan is targeting towards.

:lol I really thought it was something made in Photoshop.

Can't wait to display that stormtrooper in my detolf along with my aunt jemimas china tea set!

But seriously....Its either laugh or cry at this point isn't it. They are making these and meanwhile the aliens colonial marines sit in limbo. It defies logic to be honest.

Last edited:
True story, I was once asked by a hardcore Marvel collector on why I collect "toys based on outdated movies" and it hit me that a lot of Asian collectors are into what's hip and new. I honestly don't mean anything disparaging by such a remark, but it certainly reflects the demographic Howard Chan is targeting towards.

And that demographic's obsession with robots. I hate to generalise, but the trend is clearly there.

And unfortunately that ain't the good kind of robots... the ones that look like Arnie or Robert Patrick. Or Endoskeletons.

That's a Devil666 joke right?

I wish it were.

True story, I was once asked by a hardcore Marvel collector on why I collect "toys based on outdated movies" and it hit me that a lot of Asian collectors are into what's hip and new.
i'd ask him back why he keeps his outdated parents and wife when there are so many new people around.

And that demographic's obsession with robots. I hate to generalise, but the trend is clearly there.

And unfortunately that ain't the good kind of robots... the ones that look like Arnie or Robert Patrick. Or Endoskeletons.
but all robots you named are the bad kind of robots :lol

:horror
A new repaint of the Star Wars 1/6 Scale Stormtrooper Figure has been revealed by Hot Toys. They are taking the iconic armored Trooper and adding in a blue porcelain pattern deco. It’s not April 1st, I assure you. Outside of the head scratching deco, the Stormtrooper figure will come with the standard accessories. Those include interchangeable hands, two blasters and a figure stand. Here’s the explanation from Hot Toys:

As the symbol of the Empire’s sweeping military might, the Stormtroopers have a presence in all but every corner of the galaxy. As a special edition release, Hot Toys re-imagines the iconic white battle armor in an original design variation representing different cultures and civilizations.

This very special Star Wars collectible: a 1/6th scale Stormtrooper figure’s pattern is inspired by the highly regarded blue-and-white porcelain motif that originated centuries ago in China!

Expertly crafted based on the classic Stormtrooper armor, this figure boldly adopts the unique blue-and-white porcelain floral patterns with an Imperial twist on the masked soldier’s helmet and armor, blasters, interchangeable hands, and a specially designed figure stand!

Available as a limited edition item in selected markets only, this stylish and extraordinary interpretation of the Stormtrooper figure is a unique collectible for sophisticated fans and collectors.

...a whole lot of new stuff and that is not even TFA stuff!!! it's like they are "peg warmers" before they are even released! BBTS is even lowering some of the prices already

Unfortunately not. I didn't know what the heck this was when I saw it annonced.:monkey4

On topic, maybe with the new Predator movie there will be some spark in this genre again. But if HT wanted to shake things up again all they have to do is redo the Colonial Marines!!! But we all know who is pulling the strings now (looking at you Mickey) ;)

On topic, maybe with the new Predator movie there will be some spark in this genre again. But if HT wanted to shake things up again all they have to do is redo the Colonial Marines!!! But we all know who is pulling the strings now (looking at you Mickey) ;)

I think they'll just make one or two figures from the new film. It won't make them revisit any old films. Look at Terminator Genisys.

Back