Its awful dead in here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a severe lack of new HT releases recently, good for my wallet, bad for the Freaks forum.

I know and the franchises i love haven't got anything coming out soon from hot toys except maybe the back to the future 2 figures. I'm really hoping they release the Delorean mark 2. That's what i really want to get then i'm out of collecting hot toys for good but i must admit the wait is painful. I wish they'd give us an update on the car and whether they plan to release it or not so i can pick up something else instead.

ha, if they recycled the old jungle hunter predator base, I bet they recycle the "Classic" predator base from the Predators figure. Probably put that with the girl figure (I forget her name) or they'll recycle Han's death star floor plate base with her I bet.

Just watching the recent releases from Hot Toys and i get the feeling they are just throwing us the odd bone here and there to keep us still wanting more from them. They seem to be putting items up for display on prototype then crushing these hopes. I'm thinking of the Batmobile 66, the BVS Batmobile and the Delorean mark 2, all items i want the most.

I wonder if its a case of them going to comic con for example and just saying to themselves we'll keep all our western customers who like the older franchises happy by displaying these items just to keep them buying our other products we release in the meantime whilst actually never releasing the items they really want or infinitely delaying them. I guess i'll know for sure if they do the same thing at next years conventions.

Last edited:
"Sir this place is DEAD, whatever happened here, I think we missed it."

Attachments

• apone1a.jpg
    apone1a.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 93
Personally I can’t blame HT’s . They were a small company now playing wit the big boy license. They are most likely under contract and are focusing on making as much money (milking) as they can.
There on top right now. No way in hell there thinking about John Connor or Apone. Sucks for us but you really can’t blame them!!

what is it? it's so beautiful. i should watch all the movies, feeling fan already.

HT pissed me off completely by near abandoning their AvP1 figs mid-line. I'm in the process of selling off my figs. Not to mention, their Marvel/SW products have better likeness. I'd stick to NECA if a figure collection was what I wanted. But, not for me. I've gone the other way and will collect statues only. Means being very selective. Also cheaper in the long run strangely, and keeps you out of the collectors mindset. Also cooler than dolls!

Little waiting with NECA. I can see the appeal don't get me wrong. I'd have a lot of fun buying everything! If only NECA did higher end stuff too...😞

HT started their movie masterpiece figures with terminator, otherwise they'd be stuck with military figures. if not for the success with the avp preds, they wouldn't get much traction of movie licenses to get them where they are now.

they should have been more generous with terminator and preds.

There on top right now. No way in hell there thinking about John Connor or Apone. Sucks for us but you really can’t blame them!!

I can and will continue to do so :lol

They have enough money, time and employees working for them now to cover John Connor and Apone not to mention the whole Colonial Marines squad. If they can why not? The demand is definitely there especially in the western market. Neca have based their business model on this so why can't Hot Toys at least devote some of their time and effort on covering the classics instead of ignoring a section of their fanbase that where there with them from the start.

Last edited:
I suspect Disney have stipulated that HT release multiple figures from Marvel / Star Wars franchises as close to the films' release dates as possible. Done to help promote the films' prior to release and to cash in on quick sales after. HT may have several figures, outside of the Disney banner ready, but releasing them in an already crowded schedule would be poor business practice. They will be released piecemeal, only during a lull in the Disney storm.

I am terribly frustrated that Hot Toys is not, and probably never will again, branch out beyond Marvel, DC, and Star Wars (BTTF 2 probably being the sole exception) while other companies are experimenting with great licenses like Fight Club, Hateful Eight, and Ghostbusters. It may not be realistic, however, to compare their business model to NECA's....I imagine that a company can take more risks on allowing people to complete their Colonial Marines diorama when they are asking $19.95 for a figure that you can stock at Toys R Us versus $249.99....are there enough Apone or Hudson fans to justify Hot Toys shifting their focus from another Iron Man suit that does not appeal to me but clearly works for someone because they keep selling....?

I am terribly frustrated that Hot Toys is not, and probably never will again, branch out beyond Marvel, DC, and Star Wars (BTTF 2 probably being the sole exception) while other companies are experimenting with great licenses like Fight Club, Hateful Eight, and Ghostbusters. It may not be realistic, however, to compare their business model to NECA's....I imagine that a company can take more risks on allowing people to complete their Colonial Marines diorama when they are asking $19.95 for a figure that you can stock at Toys R Us versus $249.99....are there enough Apone or Hudson fans to justify Hot Toys shifting their focus from another Iron Man suit that does not appeal to me but clearly works for someone because they keep selling....?

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting hot toys should entirely base their business model on the older licenses or do what NECA are doing, I'm just saying they could dedicate a portion of their business to it. They have enough money and employees to do so. They are making a lot of money off these figures and continue to do so. I would say their still is a market for the expansion of their older licenses such as aliens especially in the west i.e North America and Europe. At the moment we're getting about 1 or 2 releases a year with the older 80's licenses.

The last great figure hot toys done i can think of was the battle damaged Robocop and Murphy set and that was 2 years ago. I just think there's still enough demand for figures from the older licenses for them to make a healthy profit. Its just a case of whether they are willing to do so.

Last edited:
Back