Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xenom0rph, Really loving those display cabinets! Awesome collection you have there. Congrats. Btw My replacement Mark VII LS appears to be very good. SS personally checked it over before it was sent out, so perhaps that helped.

Great review Xeno. The size is fantastic, but too many flaws to warrant 2k. I have the same problem with a dent on the chest plate of my SS LSB Mk 6 the way I have it positioned on my bookcase is not that noticeable.I'm ok with it(didn't cost as much as your Mk 7!) You are right about QC issues. These pieces should not have such problems The concepts are great , but some of the production pieces are lackluster

Thanks careyb! And you're absolutely right. I have not lost hope completely yet...but let see how the next pieces will turn out. Art imaginarium has definately a competitive lineup.

Here the vid review, i had to reupload because of a voiceover problem:

Look at what the FedEx man bringith today :) . Some small issues , paint scuff on right calf , overspray on right shoulder and small chip break on the back . Major issue I have is the rear back armor piece . I feel the magnet is too weak and might fall off at any point . Didn't risk keeping it on . It's a lovely piece but plagued with QC issues . Emailed Sideshow and waiting for their response . I can probably live with the small issues if they send a partial refund my way . But I would definitely need a replacement for the back armor piece . I asked for a replacement so let's see what they say .
6377dc8cb1faa8c8d165868ee0c85b7c.jpg

Thanks buddy . They're Besta with Vassbo . It's actually decent sized in person but not perfect as you mentioned . Unfortunately our local IKEA doesn't carry much of the full glass / transparent variants ( not popular enough I guess ) so this was the compromise I had to make :)

Look at what the FedEx man bringith today :) . Some small issues , paint scuff on right calf , overspray on right shoulder and small chip break on the back . Major issue I have is the rear back armor piece . I feel the magnet is too weak and might fall off at any point . Didn't risk keeping it on . It's a lovely piece but plagued with QC issues . Emailed Sideshow and waiting for their response . I can probably live with the small issues if they send a partial refund my way . But I would definitely need a replacement for the back armor piece . I asked for a replacement so let's see what they say .
6377dc8cb1faa8c8d165868ee0c85b7c.jpg

I had the back armour piece replaced (original was cracked), and the magnets were terrible. Asked SS for another and they told me they could not replace it again. So that piece went back in the box.

$200 back in rewards for this piece. Plus the other $200 SSC will offer me once I open the box and find out it has 50 flaws.

Worth it?

$200 back in rewards for this piece. Plus the other $200 SSC will offer me once I open the box and find out it has 50 flaws.

Worth it?

Lol...I was wondering when they were going to start adding incentives for this piece.

I really love to add this piece to the collection, but damn, too many issues! so now there are two batches & a lot of return, pretty risky.

Update

" Thank you for your patience.*Unfortunately, we found we do not have any replacements for your Iron Man body or legs that would be a considerable improvement over your current piece.* We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.*

We can however replace the back armor part for you. Please confirm if the damage is on the lower back removable piece, or on the upper back piece. *"

Update

" Thank you for your patience.*Unfortunately, we found we do not have any replacements for your Iron Man body or legs that would be a considerable improvement over your current piece.* We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.*

We can however replace the back armor part for you. Please confirm if the damage is on the lower back removable piece, or on the upper back piece. *"

Pretty much what I was expecting them to say Nabil :( I think had you of received yours much sooner (as in when it initially shipped) then you might have been lucky and received replacement body or legs...usually the later complaints about certain pieces that have initially shipped a while back tend to get the same responses as you did :( but at least they are willing to send a new back piece which was your main concern so congrats on that buddy :hi5:

Hey buddy, yep I kinda expected that too. As you said at least the main concern is getting covered. Lesson learnt on the flex thing. No more flex for me I'll just pay outright and get my stuff sooner.

Hey buddy, yep I kinda expected that too. As you said at least the main concern is getting covered. Lesson learnt on the flex thing. No more flex for me I'll just pay outright and get my stuff sooner.

Still bro, its a fantastic statue to own so congrats on your new purchase :clap

by the way, I have to say a massive shout out to fellow freak Dino_White_Rider for selling me his spare Iron Man MKVII LSF head...managed to get it for a great price as I wanted to get the faceplate redone and so its gone to Dark_Spidey aka Kevin for some loving :) One thing that bothers me about the original portrait is the overly glossy look to it so gonna hopefully get the gloss removed leaving a more matte finish and then we'll see if it needs repainting or not after that...oh! and also get those silver parts around the jaw painted black like in the movie!!! :slap :)

e0d4c7e5a6b9037efb3e8e71473c63d3.jpg

a30acb579a053fc7e5747247f15e7c48.jpg

Back