Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, QC issue hit me hard - 4 weeks after having him displayed the LED in the left boot started flickering. Now it's dead. I decided to open the white cover above the LED in the boot and luckily didn't break too much. Now I got this LED out and have no clue what I need to get as a replacement piece. Is anbody a bit experienced with electronics? I assume thats a resistor on the bottom side of the small PCB...but i have absolutely no idea what I'd need to buy now. In the boot socket are now 2 cables loose: red and black which just were soldered to the PCB edges.

10943640_396115543881295_4152587651375688030_n.jpg

This is really unacceptable. I didnt even bother contacting my reseller since Sideshow would never have replacement legs available.

This is why I could never understand the people who have been collecting for years clamoring for light up features. These statues are never designed to allow repairs so when the lights go there is nothing much you can do without damaging the statue. I will say this...anyone who gets excited when they see light up features announced is not too bright.

This is why I could never understand the people who have been collecting for years clamoring for light up features. These statues are never designed to allow repairs so when the lights go there is nothing much you can do without damaging the statue. I will say this...anyone who gets excited when they see light up features announced is not too bright.

:lol I see what you did there ;) :clap

Joking aside, I'm actually one of those who loves the light features in Iron Man collectibles as they totally bring the piece to life in my opinion....however, I totally see your point and have to say I totally agree with everything you said :(

So as expected...Sideshow has no clue on LEDs they use in the factors:

Unfortunately we do not have that information available – we are so sorry that we cannot be of assistance with you regarding the LED lights on your item.

Back on my own. I get myself a soldering station, some LEDs, some resistors...some youtube tutorials...and get it back working. Lets hope it's not the circuit inside the statue that is faulty.

Damn...i planned to have LEDs on all the time during night times (aboug 4 - 5 hours per day), but reading that LED have about a life span of 50'000 hours...in some years the LED would die anyways. Probably I'll take the statue off the cables then.

I wouldn't even know the first thing about fixing this if it happened to me.

There's a few members on here that should be able to help you help. Ski is into electronics. He may be the guy to ask.

Thats just sad.. i hope you get to fix it buddy. or maybe you can call sideshow for a more accurate info. Goodluck!

SS might as well give you the hotline to the china factory :lol

It's sad, but yeah, unless you're into electronics AND the statue hobby (such that you can safely deconstruct these pieces), that's about the only way you going to be able to fix something like this. I'm not pointing fingers, but it does suck for the collector when you invest in such a high-end piece only to have fail in some way or another.

It's sad, but yeah, unless you're into electronics AND the statue hobby (such that you can safely deconstruct these pieces), that's about the only way you going to be able to fix something like this. I'm not pointing fingers, but it does suck for the collector when you invest in such a high-end piece only to have fail in some way or another.

These statues should be designed with access to all of the wires, boards and leds. If they cannot do that they there should not be light up features on the statue.

These statues should be designed with access to all of the wires, boards and leds. If they cannot do that they there should not be light up features on the statue.

I agree, especially when it's something like an Iron Man suit where the light-up feature is kind of a big deal. Eventually they'll all go out. If you can't fix them, then what's the point.

Yesssss....the circuit is all fine, i bought a white LED with a resistor (220 Ω) attached to it. Then soldered the 2 cables to the ones in the statues feet. Result -> light shines again:
10974283_398528950306621_4202874545849533035_o.jpg

Now I'll have to find a way to get the LED back into the feet socket as far as I can, put something like a transparent cover on the whole and probably reapply some red color (although its not really visible having the statue standing upright). But at least functionality is still there...so in the end it was a faulty LED on Sideshow's part.

You are FAR braver that I, xeno. No WAY I would tackle something like that. The pics should definitely help out some people down the road too.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Yesssss....the circuit is all fine, i bought a white LED with a resistor (220 Ω) attached to it. Then soldered the 2 cables to the ones in the statues feet. Result -> light shines again:
10974283_398528950306621_4202874545849533035_o.jpg

Now I'll have to find a way to get the LED back into the feet socket as far as I can, put something like a transparent cover on the whole and probably reapply some red color (although its not really visible having the statue standing upright). But at least functionality is still there...so in the end it was a faulty LED on Sideshow's part.

Nice repair job Xeno! :clap

I'd be too scared to try.

Back