Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look great. Clearly the Mark 7 is a better looking armor than the Mark 3 and its pose is superior.

Thanks. Honestly I love them both but the Mark VII just beats the III slightly. I prefer the pose on the VII as the III is looking down too much and the lights in the hands and feet just add that bit extra.

This looks great Chris :clap really cool stuff! Hopefully my 1/2 scale Hall of Amour display won't be too much longer as we are currently experiencing some teething problems on shipping quotes as the darn display weighs a ton so as you can imagine, shipping that thing from Miami all the way to London isn't gonna be cheap :(

I guess it's all about personal preferences but for me the MKIII is the better of the 2 armours imo...the MKIII is still the better looking of the two in all depts :) plus I love the first movie :rock

a77ab5229167086abe2b443300c71444.jpg

5654bae82e98e8a00388e882903601f6.jpg

Cheers, I'm sure it pales into comparison with yours :lol Looking forward to seeing it eventually when you get the shipping sorted out. I can only imagine how expensive the shipping would be as I have had stupid quotes for items from the US on small items and they ended up being more than the item itself.

Not sure if this will attach:

IMG_1045_zps6c8ff02a.jpg

IMG_1046-3_zpse00057b0.jpg

IMG_1057-1_zps89d3f9a5.jpg

IMG_1056_zpsb639cfe0.jpg

IMG_1059_zpse709206d.jpg

IMG_1060_zps4abb5520.jpg

Okay it did more pictures in coming! One close up is prior to me epoxying the studs for the fasteners to replace the Phillips head screws that were just placeholders when I was installing the Aluminum bands.

Nice IM collection,I like to see those piece well displayed as they supposed to be,not in boxes

This is a very good display sir,classy,elegant....congrats :duff

Nice IM collection,I like to see those piece well displayed as they supposed to be,not in boxes

This is a very good display sir,classy,elegant....congrats :duff

Thanks. There is a particular Iron Man 3 poster I've seen that is going where that clock is. It's not available right now, and they don't have an appropriate Avengers one at greatbigcanvas.com, so I thought I'd just go for the Iron Man trifecta by using posters from the three movies. Worse case scenario they have some other framed posters from IM and IM 2 so I'll get one of those.

Not sure if this will attach:

IMG_1045_zps6c8ff02a.jpg

IMG_1046-3_zpse00057b0.jpg

IMG_1056_zpsb639cfe0.jpg

IMG_1059_zpse709206d.jpg

IMG_1060_zps4abb5520.jpg

Okay it did more pictures in coming! One close up is prior to me epoxying the studs for the fasteners to replace the Phillips head screws that were just placeholders when I was installing the Aluminum bands.

Awesome display Kalel :clap love those display stands bro...:)

Finally having my hall of armour 1/2 scale display shipped today :rock so pics will be up shortly :pray: ;)

Awesome display Kalel :clap love those display stands bro...:)

Finally having my hall of armour 1/2 scale display shipped today :rock so pics will be up shortly :pray: ;)

Can't wait to see it! Think I'm going to order another Iron Man or Iron Man II framed poster as I can't stand the blank space and clock behind the VII! There is an awesome Iron Man 3 poster i saw that just says "3" and the date and of course an image of Iron Man. It's very clean but GreatBigCanvas doesn't have it. At some point hopefully they'll have that one, but untill then I'll get something from IM or IM 2.

Robert I thought I was going to pass out putting the replacement Mark VII together. Couldn't believe how nervous I was. As the metal peg went in the base it stopped about 3/16" short. I'm thinking holy crap it's a repeat of what went before but I carefully applied a tad more pressure and it seated properly. Whew! sweating bullets there I can tell you.

I'm still nervous of some of the magnetic Armor/Ammo pieces, especially living in earthquake country. It would be nice if Sideshow offered replacement parts (for a price of course) down the road for some of the smaller pieces that could get knocked off easily. I have a cleaning lady that comes every fortnight and I think I'll take those parts off prior to her arrival lol!

BTW I'm going to add the aluminum top ring to the Mark III riser as it looks better than I thought it would. Also in the New Year I'm going to make a 3/8" aluminum piece to go under the standoffs holding the Plexi up. I'll make two (one for each riser) and dry fit them to see if I like them or not. It won't need additional holes to mount them, so if they don't float my boat I can discard them.

Robert how long does it take to get your stuff from Florida?

Thanks. There is a particular Iron Man 3 poster I've seen that is going where that clock is. It's not available right now, and they don't have an appropriate Avengers one at greatbigcanvas.com, so I thought I'd just go for the Iron Man trifecta by using posters from the three movies. Worse case scenario they have some other framed posters from IM and IM 2 so I'll get one of those.

This is a great display setup. How often do you have to dust to keep it looking great?

Can't wait to see it! Think I'm going to order another Iron Man or Iron Man II framed poster as I can't stand the blank space and clock behind the VII! There is an awesome Iron Man 3 poster i saw that just says "3" and the date and of course an image of Iron Man. It's very clean but GreatBigCanvas doesn't have it. At some point hopefully they'll have that one, but untill then I'll get something from IM or IM 2.

Robert I thought I was going to pass out putting the replacement Mark VII together. Couldn't believe how nervous I was. As the metal peg went in the base it stopped about 3/16" short. I'm thinking holy crap it's a repeat of what went before but I carefully applied a tad more pressure and it seated properly. Whew! sweating bullets there I can tell you.

I'm still nervous of some of the magnetic Armor/Ammo pieces, especially living in earthquake country. It would be nice if Sideshow offered replacement parts (for a price of course) down the road for some of the smaller pieces that could get knocked off easily. I have a cleaning lady that comes every fortnight and I think I'll take those parts off prior to her arrival lol!

BTW I'm going to add the aluminum top ring to the Mark III riser as it looks better than I thought it would. Also in the New Year I'm going to make a 3/8" aluminum piece to go under the standoffs holding the Plexi up. I'll make two (one for each riser) and dry fit them to see if I like them or not. It won't need additional holes to mount them, so if they don't float my boat I can discard them.

Robert how long does it take to get your stuff from Florida?

Hey Kalel, looking forward to seeing what you come up with bro...the aluminium pieces sound cool but I love it just the way youve got it :)

As for shipping time, well my guy in Miami has told me it shouldn't take more than 3-4 days via DHL so fingers crossed, I should get it before the year is up :rock

Hey Kalel, looking forward to seeing what you come up with bro...the aluminium pieces sound cool but I love it just the way youve got it :)

As for shipping time, well my guy in Miami has told me it shouldn't take more than 3-4 days via DHL so fingers crossed, I should get it before the year is up :rock

That's going to be awesome Andy. Your Iron Man collection is awesome but it still keeps getting better & better

This is a great display setup. How often do you have to dust to keep it looking great?

Fortunately I don't use that room a lot so the dust isn't too bad, but having terminal OCD, I constantly grab for the micro fiber cloth when I am in there. Btw the light up risers are dust magnets, and when they are amored up they show every spec of dust, especially on the smoked plexiglass.

Fortunately I don't use that room a lot so the dust isn't too bad, but having terminal OCD, I constantly grab for the micro fiber cloth when I am in there. Btw the light up risers are dust magnets, and when they are amored up they show every spec of dust, especially on the smoked plexiglass.

I hate dust & dusting..., it's currently on my to do list but because my displays are rather crowded it takes ages, again why I say..., I hate dusting. lol ;)

Back