Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree with a lot of your commet Yank (Even though I have this on PO :( ), your pictures of better stuff really is making me :gah:....

:lol Then this one is for you!

Iron_Man_Mark_6.png

Didn't you just say the statue is better because it's bigger though?

There is presence to larger statue yes. You will not understand until you see it in your room and have visitors come.

Watermelon was just analogy bro. Lol.

Fine, you can't show me grape and say it is smaller than Apple and have it mean anything. Satisfied?

So a 1:2 piece costs five times more than a 1:4 piece to produce?

Obviously more material is used but the 1:2 should be easier to paint clean lines.

I think that's partly because HT are 1:6. Say HT are 1:2 scale. You step back and look at LSF and HT, same size from 7 feet away. You might think twice, which is the better one. (Based on paint and movie accuracy, don't factor in the weight of the item) :)

My friend Hot Toys is scared to do 1:4 scale Iron Man. Where is 1:2 scale Hot Toys?

You guys are funny bro!!!!

So if 1:6 scale Hot Toy is 300 bucks then 1:1 plastic Hot Toys Iron man will look just as good, weigh 30 pounds, and cost 1200 dollars? We live in real life bro!

:)

So a 1:2 piece costs five times more than a 1:4 piece to produce?

Obviously more material is used but the 1:2 should be easier to paint clean lines.

My friend it doesn't work that way. 400 dollar 1:4 scale premium format means lifesize is 1600 dollars. Really?

You want buy LIFESIZE licensed Boba fett or Vader for 1600 dollars? :) no bro.

It is not just size and amount of materials bro!! There are issues of materials physics involved as you increase size. Chinese factories have their limitations.

Bro let's get rich?? Bro we undercut Sideshow friend!!! Sell 1:2 scale for 800. 1:1 scale for 1600!!! We be millionaires! Everyone buy cheaper statues from us!

Bro let me know when you have license and contract with Chinese factory, we do it!!!

I have a 1:3 Statue and two 1:1 busts thanks, I know all about presence.
I also understand value for money.

But where is better value?? I collect lifesize and large scale. If I hate transformers and don't want Prime 1 am I screwed?? Lol. What if I don't want to import from Singapore or Asia?

If you show me where to get better quality that is licensed for cheaper I will go buy bro! I'm on your side!

But I find nothing and when you try to sell unlicensed piece on secondary market you will find value drops through cellar!

I tell you now bro, Hoy toys has no presence. You start playing with iron Man fingers, missiles, armor, people look at you like you are stupid kid in man's body.

You show them lifesize Vader, they look at you like you are badass mofo. Crazy mofo but still badass. My wife comes and sees Hot Toys and rolls her eyes at me. She came home and saw 1:2 scale mark 3 Iron Man mark 3 and say WOW!

It may not matter to most collectors but it matters to me when I show my collection to guests.

And if you want biggest pieces, you have to pay price.

Again, Sideshow not perfect but neither is cinemaquette and I own 7 of them. My friend own every cinemaquette ever released and still have to modify every one.

I want Legacy Iron man for 2k too friend but can't they won't sell!

One guy wants all metal endoskeleton for 6k. Wtf?? Come on, lol. He actually posted that! :)

Cinemaquette is a good compromise between presence and displayability (did I just make a word up?) and their quality makes you feel like you got your moneys worth.
You must have a very large house. Hope you get a decent MK VII.

04:20 here, gotta try and get some sleep :)

Anyway yeah I hate Sideshow sometimes. But I come back crawling cause I can't find better licensed stuff of that size.

One time I bought Mark 3 1:1 bust, paint flaked off, returned it, replacement was another person's return with damage. I cursed Sideshow and got refund.

3 years later bought the bust off eBay. Lol smh.

Sideshow needs competition so they won't pull this crap but in lifesize and 1:2 scale they have none.

Prime 1 too limited. Make awesome product of mediocre films no threat.

Other studios Asia only no threat.

So Sideshow can afford to take so e shortcuts, no one forcing them to up game. Now they are so big they can afford to buy licenses and exclusivity and shut out smaller competition.

Or eat them, remember Prime 1 and Hot Toys distributed by Sideshow!!! Lol.

i think this also has to do with licensing. Will Marvel or these other companies allow multiple licenses of the same scale to different companies? Maybe Sideshow has exclusive rights to the 1:2 scale? That could be why Imaginarium-Art and others can only distribute in asia.

Sideshow needs competition so they won't pull this crap but in lifesize and 1:2 scale they have none.

Prime 1 too limited. Make awesome product of mediocre films no threat.

Other studios Asia only no threat.

So Sideshow can afford to take so e shortcuts, no one forcing them to up game. Now they are so big they can afford to buy licenses and exclusivity and shut out smaller competition.

Or eat them, remember Prime 1 and Hot Toys distributed by Sideshow!!! Lol.

:exactly: Almost as saying SS monopoly the LSF industry for now.

Man this thread got incredibly boring!!! :sleep :lol I still cant fathom why people still come into this thread just to **** in it :dunno I mean, yes it's a forum and all and its all about opinions but the same people who have said how lame this particular LSF is and how its not worth the money blah blah blah are now sounding really repetitive...I mean say it once, say it twice but its like constant! So you don't like this piece, so you think its over priced, so you think for the price your paying that the standards should be a lot higher...we get it!! So then don't buy it! :lol :lol Jesus, don't you guys get bored of typing the same dross over and over again :dunno I know this forum is great and all but c'mon, go outside and get some fresh air for christs sake....go make some pancakes in the kitchen rather than pissing on everyones parade!!!! :slap :lol :lol

I'm only saying this for those who are still waiting for theirs to arrive and are looking forward to receiving their statue...and for some their first LSF...don't bring all this hate and negativity in to this thread over a piece that you guys haven't even seen in the flesh! Some have received theirs and are unhappy with the quality but then this **** happens with every statue! My LSF along with so many other owners of this piece are totally blown away by it, so please keep it positive guys and have a little respect at least for those who are still waiting for it and don't want to hear how crap it is over and over and over again...

Remember just cos one or two collectors were unhappy with their pieces doesn't mean this LSF should be written off...after all, those who are happy with it have one awesome statue in their collection!! :rock

krOEIjs.gif

I just asked for some close up pics and the SSC excuse train came rolling in Andy. :lol

For the record, I prefer waffles. :lecture

Back