Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy canned spray paint with an awesome metallic finish... There is really no excuses for lack luster metallic paint nowadays. Lol

You can buy canned spray paint with an awesome metallic finish... There is really no excuses for lack luster metallic paint nowadays. Lol

Here you go Ty...let us know how you get on :lol

9ury7ama.jpg

Hahaha. I don't want to do it myself. I'm just saying. If you can buy that stuff for 5$ at homedepot. A overseas manufacturer should be able to reproduce a metallic paint.

Hahaha. I don't want to do it myself. I'm just saying. If you can buy that stuff for 5$ at homedepot. A overseas manufacturer should be able to reproduce a metallic paint.

You'd think so wouldn't you mate :dunno as long as they don't go the same direction they went with their MKII bust :slap

5u6yzere.jpg

Oh well, not too long before we see it at Comic Con so fingers crossed :pray:

Yeah. That looks terrible. Not a win. Hopefully they've locked down a formula. Doom looks nice and metallic. But again, in hand is what counts.

even with the super low ES, I couldn't get myself to buy that ugly ass painted bust. I love the Mark 2, but I won't settle for that kind of crap on this maquette. I was almost tempted to buy that chrome 1:2 IM recast cause I didn't think SS would make this, so hopefully they don't disappoint.

What would be worse if it's nice and shiny at CC and ships dull :gah:

at least that's a good reason to be able to return it without much back talk from SS. I wouldn't be too bummed cause there is always tons of IM product. It's not like the P2 maquette or anything.

at least that's a good reason to be able to return it without much back talk from SS. I wouldn't be too bummed cause there is always tons of IM product. It's not like the P2 maquette or anything.
That's a huge bonus for you guys.Not that simple for International :mad:

Good thing is there will probably be no Ex or crappy nameplate so we can order local if it turns out nice.

I just hope we get this type of paint job

View attachment 114540

Who made this one?

It would be very cool to have that finish but something tells me we won't get it :(

Even Hot Toys haven't nailed that true brushed aluminium look to their MKII

esytubup.jpg

I'm hoping if Hot Toys makes a diecast Mark II, they will finally get the look right.

What would be worse if it's nice and shiny at CC and ships dull :gah:

Not even funny. It would be on the level of the Rogue changes.

What makes the MK II so cool is the chromed look in the movie If Legacy and Sideshow can achieve that in the Maguette then it's a buy for me ... otherwise .... Probably not...

What makes the MK II so cool is the chromed look in the movie If Legacy and Sideshow can achieve that in the Maguette then it's a buy for me ... otherwise .... Probably not...

:exactly: This is the armor on screen that set the whole thing off for me, and I've been yearning for 1/4 Mark II since then.

Seeing this teased is exciting as hell, but Sideshow's track history with the Mark II bust plus recent gaffs with Apoc, Spidey, and many others causes trepidation.

Please get this one right! :pray:

iron_man_mark_2_by_deceptivealias-d5ctm8g.jpg

That's a huge bonus for you guys.Not that simple for International :mad:

Good thing is there will probably be no Ex or crappy nameplate so we can order local if it turns out nice.

This is so true... Our local retail store should accept refund :lol

Back