Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then why bother. Other companies can do it and not charge out the ying yang, no reason they shouldn't be able to.

There is rattlecan chrome paint. I agree, there should be no reason they can't.

:goodpost: :exactly:

We got stop making excuses for Sideshow. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't/couldn't do that kind of paint job. If recasters can do it in their backyard , don't tell it's too much to expect the same from a multimillion dollar company. In the very least, I want something that looks like the color from the Hot Toys Mark II.

:goodpost: :exactly:

We got stop making excuses for Sideshow. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't/couldn't do that kind of paint job. If recasters can do it in their backyard , don't tell it's too much to expect the same from a multimillion dollar company. In the very least, I want something that looks like the color from the Hot Toys Mark II.

Yes, plus they are the market leader for sure in statue world :)

They can and they have (chromed T-800 bust). I guess they had so many complaints from nitpickers that they said the hell with it from there.

They can and they have (chromed T-800 bust). I guess they had so many complaints from nitpickers that they said the hell with it from there.
Speaking of chromed T-800's, did people ever use a clear coat or polish on them to protect the chrome finish?

I don't think you should coat chrome, it kills it off. Although Alclad have released a coat for their metallic paints recently, I might break out a cheap Airfix P-51 and give it a try to see how it works.

We're the re-issued Endos chromed? I swear I read somewhere that they couldn't be cleaned up like the original release?

I don't think you should coat chrome, it kills it off. Although Alclad have released a coat for their metallic paints recently, I might break out a cheap Airfix P-51 and give it a try to see how it works.

Interesting. I never used a chrome or high metallic laquer paint to air brush with, let us know how you make out.

Will do when I get around to it. I'm sure you could coat any old chrome finish, might just dull it a bit.

Will never have that mirror chrome finish though.

But guys, the MKII was never chrome...especially not shiny mirrored chrome. It was more of a brushed metal so you'd never get a full reflection if you were to look into it. I agree with you all in that it mustn't be the same finish as what Sideshow used for their MKII lifesize bust as that was awful! However, looking from the early pics I don't think they'll be going in that direction anyway...fingers crossed at least :pray:

6y3a6epu.jpg

But guys, the MKII was never chrome...especially not shiny mirrored chrome. It was more of a brushed metal so you'd never get a full reflection if you were to look into it. I agree with you all in that it mustn't be the same finish as what Sideshow used for their MKII lifesize bust as that was awful! However, looking from the early pics I don't think they'll be going in that direction anyway...fingers crossed at least :pray:

It's definitely shiny in some scenes but probably not full on mirrored chrome.

Rhodie-in-the-Mark-II-Iron-Man-armor_gallery_primary.jpg

Iron-man-mark-ii-superbowl.jpg

Back