Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks pretty great.
preview_IronManIIPF-v2.jpg

I think Hot Toys semi pulled off this paint app. Turned out pretty good

:exactly: This is the armor on screen that set the whole thing off for me, and I've been yearning for 1/4 Mark II since then.

Seeing this teased is exciting as hell, but Sideshow's track history with the Mark II bust plus recent gaffs with Apoc, Spidey, and many others causes trepidation.

Please get this one right! :pray:

iron_man_mark_2_by_deceptivealias-d5ctm8g.jpg

Eric, you know and I know that there is no way in hell that Sideshow will pull of this paint app to resemble a reflective brushed metal effect! This will be matte silver period. If im wrong i'll personally fly over to Canada and quite happily kiss Spidey976 on his derrier :lecture :date :lol

Eric, you know and I know that there is no way in hell that Sideshow will pull of this paint app to resemble a reflective brushed metal effect! This will be matte silver period. If im wrong i'll personally fly over to Canada and quite happily kiss Spidey976 on his derrier :lecture :date :lol

:gah: :monkey4 :pfft:

I fear you're right Andy, but Sideshow has to be able to produce a Mark II piece that is painted much better than that bust released years ago.

On the other hand, Spidey has a potential date! :lol

After i watch football last night everything will be ok for me. :yess:

Ok for real, the Hot Toys color of Mark II is not bad and i have it here. If SS do this to the Mark II Maquette im ok with this. :hi5:

On the other hand, Spidey has a potential date! :lol

and on the other hand, I'd potentially have an awesome statue at the end of it too :yess: :lol

After i watch football last night everything will be ok for me. :yess:

If Sideshow were based in Germany and with their consistency for bringing us the best in technological efficiency then I'd be feeling extremely confident that they'd be able to pull off this paint app :exactly:
Unfortunately, what we are about to see will be more MLS than Bundesliga! :lecture :lol :lol

and on the other hand, I'd potentially have an awesome statue at the end of it too :yess: :lol

If Sideshow were based in Germany and with their consistency for bringing us the best in technological efficiency then I'd be feeling extremely confident that they'd be able to pull off this paint app :exactly:
Unfortunately, what we are about to see will be more MLS than Bundesliga! :lecture :lol :lol
:lol

I have to say I'm surprised this is the first statue of the Iron Man's teased that Sideshow is going to produce. My money would have been on them going with the Mark 7 to try and steal some of XM's thunder as well as the fact the red/gold paint scheme is something they've done 100x before, and done quite well for the most part.

:lol

I have to say I'm surprised this is the first statue of the Iron Man's teased that Sideshow is going to produce. My money would have been on them going with the Mark 7 to try and steal some of XM's thunder as well as the fact the red/gold paint scheme is something they've done 100x before, and done quite well for the most part.

You say that mate but XM aren't even releasing the MKVII until Feb/Mar 2015 :horror so plenty of time to get theirs up to scratch :) I'm still miffed as to what the pose and base will be based on for this MKII armour :dunno if anything, it would've made more sense to have had a museum pose for the MKII seeing as it was a prototype suit in the first movie and was only really used in the first flight simulation scene. The only other time we see a MKII in action is in IM2 when Stark has a fisty cuffs with Rhodey when he borrows Starks MKII armour :dunno

it would've made more sense to have had a museum pose for the MKII seeing as it was a prototype suit in the first movie and was only really used in the first flight simulation scene.

OMG! You got an Iron Man fact right for once. :woo :chase

Just kidding :lol

Ok you mean its better to pay €100 for the new jersey with Mats Hummels 5 on the back? :rotfl :wave

Jersey ordered now SS show us good work. :lecture

View attachment 120277

Its a very sad day my friend because of Germany's victory :( it now means you are level with my team Italy with 4 World Cups :monkey2

Credit where credit is due though, Germany were the best team in the tournament and deserved to win so many congrats :clap:clap but tell me one thing...how in the name of FIFA did Messi win player of the tournament? :dunno WTF!!?? Surely it should have gone to a german player or James Rodriguez of Colombia? I'm surprised FIFA didn't give an award to Luis Suarez for FIFA fairplay! :slap :lol

You say that mate but XM aren't even releasing the MKVII until Feb/Mar 2015 :horror so plenty of time to get theirs up to scratch :) I'm still miffed as to what the pose and base will be based on for this MKII armour :dunno if anything, it would've made more sense to have had a museum pose for the MKII seeing as it was a prototype suit in the first movie and was only really used in the first flight simulation scene. The only other time we see a MKII in action is in IM2 when Stark has a fisty cuffs with Rhodey when he borrows Starks MKII armour :dunno

Is that a concrete po date for the XM piece?

Anyhoo, the Mk2 has had a nice chunk of screen time if you include the first and second film. From the Tony's work shop garage to the test flight, then Rhodey wearing it to fight a drunk Stark in his crib, to Rhodey taking it on a flight of his own to the military base for Hammer to 'upgrade' lol. A standard museum pose for any Iron Man piece at this scale would be an instant pass for me.

but tell me one thing...how in the name of FIFA did Messi win player of the tournament? :dunno WTF!!?? Surely it should have gone to a german player or James Rodriguez of Colombia? I'm surprised FIFA didn't give an award to Luis Suarez for FIFA fairplay! :slap :lol

Off Topic, but fifa allways blow sugar in his ass. :dunno Germany was a team, many do a good job. Can´t chose who will best, but yes not messi.

Is that a concrete po date for the XM piece?

A standard museum pose for any Iron Man piece at this scale would be an instant pass for me.

In that case eric, where would you put that pose that Sideshow have for their MKII maquette? I don't recall him in a fight scene other than what we've already established which was with Stark vs Rhodey, in which case I think that's a bit of an odd scene to base a statue on :dunno I would've said the most iconic part of the movie, based on the MKII suit, would've been the first flight simulation scene surely :dunno

In that case eric, where would you put that pose that Sideshow have for their MKII maquette? I don't recall him in a fight scene other than what we've already established which was with Stark vs Rhodey, in which case I think that's a bit of an odd scene to base a statue on :dunno I would've said the most iconic part of the movie, based on the MKII suit, would've been the first flight simulation scene surely :dunno

That's a great question Andy. When I view this SSC teaser render I'm satisfied with the pose they chose, so I didn't think in detail of what scene they may be trying to recreate. Something resembling the pic below works for me on this particular suit. I'll have to rewatch the flight scene, maybe I'll find a pose I'd like more.

Rhodie-in-the-Mark-II-Iron-Man-armor_gallery_primary.jpg

That's a great question Andy. When I view this SSC teaser render I'm satisfied with the pose they chose, so I didn't think in detail of what scene they may be trying to recreate. Something resembling the pic below works for me on this particular suit. I'll have to rewatch the flight scene, maybe I'll find a pose I'd like more.

Rhodie-in-the-Mark-II-Iron-Man-armor_gallery_primary.jpg

I think you may have hit the nail on the head Eric in regards to that pic you've posted...looks like it definitely has to come from the Stark vs Rhodey punch up...which leaves the question, what will the base be? :horror a boxing ring? :dunno

I think you may have hit the nail on the head Eric in regards to that pic you've posted...looks like it definitely has to come from the Stark vs Rhodey punch up...which leaves the question, what will the base be? :horror a boxing ring? :dunno

:lol If this statue is from the second film, should we expect another Cheadle sculpt as we're getting with Iron Patriot? :dunno

Back