Iron Man mark I-VII diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, like Kev said, you really need to **** off with your crap. And I call it crap because you had already posted this on the 5th in this thread after I posted on the topic:

And now on the 8th, and three days later you come back and regurgitate the exact same thing, this time quoting me from days earlier? You seem to feed off eliciting responses, and you love loading your opinion into guns and fire off on anyone with anything different than what you tend to believe. And yes, this is matter of opinion and interpretation. Anyway, despite what you've heard, always being a **** about things isn't cool, and, at least for myself, every time I read your posts I find myself asking, 'what the hell is this guys' problem?'. Digest that however you want.

So it's okay to over and over say something is "confirmed", even though that was never said. Not once. But when I actually quote exactly what was said i am a ****? I wasn't being negative, I was being factual. I was "interpreting" a "thinking about" it to mean it's for sure gonna happen.

Sorry you got butt hurt with the actual facts. I am not saying I want this to happen, or i don't want this to happen. I'm not passing of my own personal feelings and wants as facts. That's what I have an issue with. Becuase one guy here on page 6 says it's confirmed. Then ten guys on page 30 report its a for sure thing. If you want to say you hope, or want this to happen or you believe or its your opinion, feel free. But when you tout your feelings as facts I see no harm in a counter point. If you want to give each other reach arounds about how right you are cool. If these figures happen I will buy them and be happy about it. But my point is that the interview posted here does not confirm anything. In fact it's the same answer they have given, with the addition of Mark 3 being done announced now, since before the mark 7 was released. This same answer has been given for years.

It's funny how when I bring up factual info or say passing your opinion as facts doesn't make it so somehow I'm a bad guy. I'm mr negativity. And it's funny how people talk one way in real life in another when it's online. I'm nearly 40 and I have never had anyone that didn't know me really well call me a **** or anything that had to be bleeped out to my face. Ever. Even when I disagree. Or point things out. I've hadxth do it behind my back I'm sure. And I'd be willing to bet that neither of you goes around cursing at people and getting chesty unless you know them really well. If you want to have a pissing contest PM me and we can set something up. Otherwise if you got something to say about the substance of my point then keep it about that. I don't get the constant need to go after people personally based on an text post on an online toy collecting forum. You don't know me. I could be some panty waist girly man never been in as much as a pillow fight, or I could be the biggest baddest man you have ever meet in your whole life, or worse, a crazy fanatic serial killer that gets obsessed or even a guy that takes this personal and has some hacking skills and sells your ID and SSN to some jihadist and cleans out your bank account or maybe I'm a guy that doesn't take lip and has no problem getting his ass beat if that means he can make you bleed. Some people just want to see the world burn....point is, might not want to keep spouting off to people you don't know. Best case you get a "I agree" worst case some guy blows your life up.

Let's not forget we're also getting Whiplash 2.0 in diecast too. :)

Is this Whiplash or Iron Whiplash? I know Iron Whiplash is coming and plan to get that. I have been thinking about picking up a Whiplash in the secondary but would be great to know another Whiplash is coming out especially with diecast and probably with an even better portrait. Who knows maybe they will do a Diecast Iron Monger, although doubtful since it didn't exactly move like hotcakes to begin and a new one would be that much more expensive. Still would look cool. I have the first one, but would likely pay for an upgrade.

Anyway, still want some Hammer Drones. The bast sculpt would be the same, just four modifications and custom paint jobs.
Edit: Didn't realize Play Imaginative was doing these. Unfortunately 1/12 scale.

25pqtz4.jpg

Is this Whiplash or Iron Whiplash? I know Iron Whiplash is coming and plan to get that. I have been thinking about picking up a Whiplash in the secondary but would be great to know another Whiplash is coming out especially with diecast and probably with an even better portrait. Who knows maybe they will do a Diecast Iron Monger, although doubtful since it didn't exactly move like hotcakes to begin and a new one would be that much more expensive. Still would look cool. I have the first one, but would likely pay for an upgrade.

Anyway, still want some Hammer Drones. The bast sculpt would be the same, just four modifications and custom paint jobs.
Edit: Didn't realize Play Imaginative was doing these. Unfortunately 1/12 scale.

25pqtz4.jpg

Not sure what Iron Whiplash is? Whiplash mark II (or 2.0) is the one with him in his own Iron Man style suit, is that what your refering too? If so then that's the diecast figure I was talking about, I know it's got a new head sculpt with it but I think it's an in helmet facial sculpt only (as far as I'm aware). I knew Play Imaginative were making the Hammer drones & although they look pretty good, it's the scale that puts me off of those..., I'd like 1:6 scale if I'm to buy them (personal preference).

Kevb is referring to Whiplash MK II/Iron Whiplash. Don't see the benefit of diecast for Monger. Just like Hulkbuster, it would make it too heavy and there is no aesthetic benefit. I agree w/Motux (and especially so if he's a serial killer... *gulps*) on this in that I find it odd that a lot of collectors equate diecast with a metallic sheen or with making the armour look more authentic (especially in regards to the Mark V comments). You can't tell the difference at all with the paint app. At best you get better joints/articulation (as HT did with War Machine MK II, to their credit) and at worst weight for weight's sake.

Lol, yeah, you guys are real poster boys of positivity. Thanks for leading by example, lads. :lol

Well this could pose a problem, I feel like I may have to be positive about everything now..., not sure I can be all enthusiastically positive all the time, what am I going to do?!? :horror See the presure you've put me under, I'm cracking up already..., ok I'll go have a lay down, positivity is clearly taking it's toll on me & I don't want to over do it. :wink1:

Am I the only one looking forward to die cast mark I??

The mark I is my least favourite suit but if they do make it in the diecast format I'll certainly be buying it as it's my goal to try & get at least 1 example of every suit & if they make a new version then that'll be the best figure to get I think (in my opinion). :) I was going to get the mark I 2.0 but I've been holding off because diecast is my personal preference..., not saying it's better, I just like it more than all plastic figures (having said that of course, if I come across the figure at a bargain price then I'll probably say stuff it & buy it).

I prefer plastic because the paint adheres better but if the MKs are reissued I know they will be an improvement(hopefully no pink panties). I havent bought a MK 2, 4 or 5 because I was hoping they would be reissued and better made.

I prefer plastic because the paint adheres better but if the MKs are reissued I know they will be an improvement(hopefully no pink panties). I havent bought a MK 2, 4 or 5 because I was hoping they would be reissued and better made.

Was it just the mark IV with the pink pants problem or other figures too? I know some of the earlier figures suffer from loose joints, that's kept me from picking them up to be honest as I want to be able to pose my figures & be confident they'll stay that way.

I'm mr negativity

I get that when someone says something in a factually manner that one disagrees with, it's natural to speak up and voice the opposition even if it just means getting it out there. But you inject sarcasm and sardonicism into your replies that come off like you're having an argument rather than a conversation. Then add on the relentless rebuttals. Maybe you're aware of this, maybe you're not.

I'd be willing to bet that neither of you goes around cursing at people and getting chesty unless you know them really well

If we were having a conversation, and I felt you were taking things too seriously, raising your voice, and getting argumentative about stuff -- exactly how I perceive you on here, then yeah, I would pipe up. I don't think I'd open with It's not cool to be a **** (d!ck if that's censored) about things off the bat, but on here, in this thread, it's the straw/camel's back. I'm half surprised you're even writing this long response; you've said here on this forum that you seem to come off as a d!ck to people. Well, it happened again.

If you want to have a pissing contest PM me and we can set something up.

I'm not sure if you're insinuating we should meet up and have a fist fight, but I've really said what I wanted to say to you and have let you known to take it however you want. Fighting came to mind?

I don't get the constant need to go after people personally based on an text post on an online toy collecting forum.

If someone's getting argumentative and quoting me when I've shown zero hostility toward them -- really, I may shake my head at your posts, but I've kept my mouth shut, Motuxmen -- then yeah, like I said before, I'll speak up.

online toy collecting forum

The irony is not lost on me :lol

You don't know me

I really don't, but lets not pretend that exempts us from how we handle ourselves around other people, even if in a digital space.

1. I could be some panty waist girly man never been in as much as a pillow fight
2. I could be the biggest baddest man you have ever meet in your whole life
3. or worse, a crazy fanatic serial killer that gets obsessed
4. or even a guy that takes this personal and has some hacking skills and sells your ID and SSN to some jihadist and cleans out your bank account
5. or maybe I'm a guy that doesn't take lip and has no problem getting his ass beat if that means he can make you bleed

1. Too ridiculous
2. Impossible; we collect toys
3. Lightning doesn't strike twice
4. There's nothing in my bank (Hot Toys rising prices = :( )
5. Ding ding ding. I'll go with choice 5. Me too. Pain is temporary. Shame is forever.

might not want to keep spouting off to people you don't know

I'm not spouting off. I'm tired of your restless, endless, as-matter-of-fact, nope-you're-wrong-I'm-right posts and since you decided to shove your opinion down my throat, I decided to speak up.

worst case some guy blows your life up.

And we end this whole thing with a threat. At nearly 40.

Last edited:
My own experience with G1 Transformers and various older 80s toys nothing scientific.

I get that when someone says something in a factually manner that one disagrees with, it's natural to speak up and voice the opposition even if it just means getting it out there. But you inject sarcasm and sardonicism into your replies that come off like you're having an argument rather than a conversation. Then add on the relentless rebuttals. Maybe you're aware of this, maybe you're not.

If we were having a conversation, and I felt you were taking things too seriously, raising your voice, and getting argumentative about stuff -- exactly how I perceive you on here, then yeah, I would pipe up. I don't think I'd open with It's not cool to be a **** (d!ck if that's censored) about things off the bat, but on here, in this thread, it's the straw/camel's back. I'm half surprised you're even writing this long response; you've said here on this forum that you seem to come off as a d!ck to people. Well, it happened again.

I'm not sure if you're insinuating we should meet up and have a fist fight, but I've really said what I wanted to say to you and have let you known to take it however you want. Fighting came to mind?

If someone's getting argumentative and quoting me when I've shown zero hostility toward them -- really, I may shake my head at your posts, but I've kept my mouth shut, Motuxmen -- then yeah, like I said before, I'll speak up.

The irony is not lost on me :lol

I really don't, but lets not pretend that exempts us from how we handle ourselves around other people, even if in a digital space.

1. Too ridiculous
2. Impossible; we collect toys
3. Lightning doesn't strike twice
4. There's nothing in my bank (Hot Toys rising prices = :( )
5. Ding ding ding. I'll go with choice 5. Me too. Pain is temporary. Shame is forever.

I'm not spouting off. I'm tired of your restless, endless, as-matter-of-fact, nope-you're-wrong-I'm-right posts and since you decided to shove your opinion down my throat, I decided to speak up.

And we end this whole thing with a threat. At nearly 40.

I'm impressed you took the time, very diplomatic & nicely analysed..., I thought about trying to convey my point again but changed my mind as I figured this person is only going to continue with their own point of view (opinion) & wants to insinuate that we're doing things we're not in order that they come off as looking saintly (for want of a better word)..., I have to admit all of the 'you don't know who I am' scenarios did make me laugh though, so at least something positive came from reading it. :)

If we get the early suits in diecast this will be great, not because they are using metal (although that appeals to me personally) but because Hot Toys are always improving on what they make & making things better than before, so making the figures again is no bad thing. I'm pretty sure that the mark I 2.0 & mark II unleashed figures are the improvements & I'm not sure if they could top those by adding diecast into the mix but I've always been impressed with everything I've bought from Hot Toys so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I definitely think the mark IV, V & VI suits would benefit from being remade & although I said it'd be logical to make mark I & II next because they've made the mark III in diecast, for the reasons I've stated, I can also see why the mark IV onwards would be more logical to make. I personally don't think they'd say they want to make more if they aren't going to & as they said they have plans that's good enough for me as I also recall last year they said they didn't have anymore plans regarding diecast..., I think the mark III preorder figures got their attention & now they have plans, this is a good thing & I'm pleased they've told us..., I look forward to seeing the new figures in due course & see no reason to doom & gloom the news for no specific reason other than someone else's doubt, if that's what it is? All anyone can do when they say something on the forum is convey what they think & I've never said anything that is other than my opinion (nothing more).

Given that what we've seen of the Diecast Mk III shows it's a very nice figure that fixes all the proportion problems of the original, but has slightly less articulation and functionality (rigid torso, no arm shield, possibly no flaps on the legs), is it worth waiting for a Diecast Mk II (my favourite of all the armours) or should I just try and pick up an Armor Unleashed set at some point?

Given that what we've seen of the Diecast Mk III shows it's a very nice figure that fixes all the proportion problems of the original, but has slightly less articulation and functionality (rigid torso, no arm shield, possibly no flaps on the legs), is it worth waiting for a Diecast Mk II (my favourite of all the armours) or should I just try and pick up an Armor Unleashed set at some point?

I'd recommend the unleashed figure regardless of whether they were to make a diecast version, it's a great figure, nicely detailed & you get good value for money too..., also if it's your favourite armour (like mine) I'd say it wouldn't hurt to have more than one figure of it, I doubt the new figure will be the same as the last after all. :)

Having the Mark 42 & customizing the parts to be battle damaged, I can say that it appears that the way HT applies the paint to the DC parts is different than how they apply it to the plastic. On the DC parts, there appears to be a primer coat under the paint with a possible finish on top. The plastic just has the paint applied directly. It's harder to tell with the RED, but the gold does have a richer or deeper value to it than the plastic parts of the same color that it sits next to. So the difference is not in the base material & how that makes the paint look, but how that base material dictates the paint be applied & protected. I believe the old DC toys just had the paint applied directly to the metal, untreated.
I think we'll get less battle damage options with the DC figures as those parts are plastic ...which seem to hold sharper details a bit better making plastic more suited for more detailed parts. Although subtle, you can see the slight difference in sharpness on the shoulder armor edges especially (between the M42's plastic bd shoulder armor and the metal regular shoulder armor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Having the Mark 42 & customizing the parts to be battle damaged, I can say that it appears that the way HT applies the paint to the DC parts is different than how they apply it to the plastic. On the DC parts, there appears to be a primer coat under the paint with a possible finish on top. The plastic just has the paint applied directly. It's harder to tell with the RED, but the gold does have a richer or deeper value to it than the plastic parts of the same color that it sits next to. So the difference is not in the base material & how that makes the paint look, but how that base material dictates the paint be applied & protected. I believe the old DC toys just had the paint applied directly to the metal, untreated.
I think we'll get less battle damage options with the DC figures as those parts are plastic ...which seem to hold sharper details a bit better making plastic more suited for more detailed parts. Although subtle, you can see the slight difference in sharpness on the shoulder armor edges especially (between the M42's plastic bd shoulder armor and the metal regular shoulder armor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing subtle about it, the shoulders on my Mk 42 are quite clearly blobs of pot metal. They're only saved by the paintwork.

Back