Iron Man mark I-VII diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superior Iron Man looks bad *** !

Might need to pick up on the comic

I'd welcome comic based armors and judging by SSC having a Marvel comic based license we should get something fairly soon I'd imagine.

Soon with Sideshow means years. Their 1/6 Wolvie and Punisher have been 'coming soon' since last July.

Normally I'd agree Johnny Utah, but seeing as we are talking about IronMan and HT seems to crank out atleast 10 Ironman figures to one of any other lines. I'd guestimate we'll see and mark IV and mark V this year sometime assuming they go in numerical order. If they go off the most popular suits then it would probably be mark VI and mark VII. Time will tell.

Normally I'd agree Johnny Utah, but seeing as we are talking about IronMan and HT seems to crank out atleast 10 Ironman figures to one of any other lines. I'd guestimate we'll see and mark IV and mark V this year sometime assuming they go in numerical order. If they go off the most popular suits then it would probably be mark VI and mark VII. Time will tell.

I recon it'll just be the one suit so probably the mark IV, there's the AoU characters plus HPP suits to consider too so I think the early diecast suits will be slower out of the barn. :)

What exactly are you basing this on.

Chemistry. Solvent based paints tooth into plastic far better than they do metal. You can of course get paint to adhere to metal (car manufacturers do this very well of course), but it's more expensive, and requires a ton more prep. Careful prep. And it still chips, despite multi-million dollar factories and QC out the arse. HT aren't exactly on my list of "companies that do careful prep and have QC out the arse".

You know this of course BD. You're a prop maker.

It's more to do with numbers sold that will be the determining factor I think, whether you care or not. lol ;)

The question stands. Simple reissues of the same suits, reproduced not in cheap plastic, but now in cheap pot metal! Wow! Totes Amazing! Great for everyone who doesn't already have one, but if you do, why would you care? I certainly won't. I own the Mks I want.

If they don't bring anything new to the table, it's simply a boring rehash. Not even a V2. And I think you'll find a lot of people who already own a Mk, if it's the same, will say "so what?".

The real point is... IMPROVE IT!

The question stands. Simple reissues of the same suits, reproduced not in cheap plastic, but now in cheap pot metal! Wow! Totes Amazing! Great for everyone who doesn't already have one, but if you do, why would you care? I certainly won't. I own the Mks I want.

If they don't bring anything new to the table, it's simply a boring rehash. Not even a V2. And I think you'll find a lot of people who already own a Mk, if it's the same, will say "so what?".

If they can stop the figures pants turning pink then that'd certainly be 1 improvement but I do agree, they have to be better than what's already been made.

I don't think no one can deny that the die cast Mark 3 is light years better then the original.

I'm sure that all other marks that they re-release will have improved articulation and better proportions

I don't think no one can deny that the die cast Mark 3 is light years better then the original.

I'm sure that all other marks that they re-release will have improved articulation and better proportions

Talk to me when we see the figure in hand. Until then, it's vapourware.

Talk to me when we see the figure in hand. Until then, it's vapourware.

I think we can agree that the new diecast iron man releases are a step in the right direction. I own the original marks, and I am looking forward to the diecast version because of the potential improvements it offer, and also it gives new collectors a chance to own them (which is apparent with the preorder response).

With all due respect, I have no idea where your (and others) negativity comes from. The only downside to the re-releases is it may impact the resale prices of existing figures.

p.s. I'm not trying to sell you on the idea on the new re-releases, but it's getting ridiculous how "owners of the existing marks" are trying to put down collectors that are looking forward to new and potentially improved releases. Hot toys is a business, and market demand shows that majority of collectors are very receptive of the re-releases.

I think we can agree that the new diecast iron man releases are a step in the right direction. I own the original marks, and I am looking forward to the diecast version because of the potential improvements it offer, and also it gives new collectors a chance to own them (which is apparent with the preorder response).

With all due respect, I have no idea where your (and others) negativity comes from. The only downside to the re-releases is it may impact the resale prices of existing figures.

p.s. I'm not trying to sell you on the idea on the new re-releases, but it's getting ridiculous how "owners of the existing marks" are trying to put down collectors that are looking forward to new and potentially improved releases. Hot toys is a business, and market demand shows that majority of collectors are very receptive of the re-releases.

Couldn't agree more. My old iron man figures are toys compared to the new mark 42. One sad thing I see disappearing is that the original marks had more little gimmicks like pop open flaps and such that required more engineering, where the current marks use more of the swapable parts approach so some of the coolness factor has been lost.

Couldn't agree more. My old iron man figures are toys compared to the new mark 42. One sad thing I see disappearing is that the original marks had more little gimmicks like pop open flaps and such that required more engineering, where the current marks use more of the swapable parts approach so some of the coolness factor has been lost.

Agreed. The quality is way better right now & this swayed me to start a collection. Even if they don't do it DC, just look how improved the HS, body proportions & articulation. Thank God they found a way to get rid of rubber panties.

I agree too, if your a collector then there should be no need to 'care' about something being made for other collectors (if you don't want what's being offered), I'm not interested in a figures monetary value after I've bought it, it's irrelevant as I have what I want for my collection. The new diecast versions will be improvements on the originals, the newer figures prove that..., it's thanks to the newer format that we get the opportunity to own a superior figure & that in my view is a good thing. Being anti diecast is odd i think, if you don't want it then don't buy it..., moaning about it doesn't do anything to change what a company does, we know Hot Toys are happy with all of the mark III diecast preorders & that it's given them cause to make plans regarding the other earlier suits, I'll be buying them & that's that. :)

Back