Iron Man mark I-VII diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking forward to getting Marks IV and VI in diecast form. That would be a welcome purchase that burns the aftermarket prices on these 2, and possibly no fading on the crotch area.

I'm fine with my beloved Mark I 2.0 and I don't see how diecast can improve on that masterpiece (nope, weight is not an improvement for me), while I never cared much for Marks II, V, and VII.

This really isn't anything new. They said before that if the mark 3 does well then they would plan to do others. But just because they are planning it right now does not mean it's going to happen for sure. At the pace they have been going for the last few years it would take a decade before they got through the other early marks. Largely because of both other new projects, and outside of mark 4 and 6 sharing parts, the huge majority of the armors would need completly new tooling. To do diecast they can't use the old plastic injection molds. It's a completly unique process that requires not only new tooling but in some case new machines. Though they will have some because of the other dc they have done. Not all. It's a lot of work. And a huge outlay of time and money. So it's not a done deal by any means. And the first time the armors or iron man take a sales hit, which is bound to happen eventually, all bets are off.

I really hope they do make them all. Especially the 4 and 6. My favorite suits to date. I just don't think this interview confirms anything. What's the guy supposed to say? It's like a coach talking about his players. Of course he says they are good and they can win. There's not really another option.

For me this is good news. I would only buy the mark iv and vi. The pants are starting to fade on my iv so a upgrade would be nice, and I don't own vi and I'm glad I didn't bite on those crazy aftermarket prices. I also have III po'ed. My Mk I 2.0, II unleashed, and vii are in perfect condition. Even with improved sculpts and articulation, I don't see a need to replace those

I didn't preorder the die cast MkIII, but V and VI would definitely interest me. MkVII was my first HT and I cant see spending crazy secondary market prices to get some of the earlier figures.

Re: Diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

giphy.gif

:lol very funny! But soooo true

Die cast or not, I'd like to see HT re-do the Mark V with metallic paint. I passed on the original because it was just too dull.

agreed - need that mark V

Also - pretty sure they will do a BD Mark III diecast - perhaps as a con or toyfair exclusive ala mark 7 BD..

Yes! Although I might just get I, II, (got the III PO), V, VI or VII. IV looks just similar to III & VII. Hope they make WM mark 2.

Imagine this one:

Rhodie-in-the-Mark-II-Iron-Man-armor_gallery_primary.jpg

That MKII would be fantastic. Also as someone mentioned above War Machine I diecast would be great. I'll sell off the other armors as pieces are announced. I know it probably makes more sense to unload now to get more money but I don't want to find myself trying to chase down an armor later on because something never gets made. Right now the only two holes in the collection are III (which I never owned, but now have the DC on order) and V (which I sold due to flimsy design).

I'm still waiting for HT to announce some HammerDrones.

Why do you think that Hot Toys have never made any Hammer drones? I'd definitely have one of each version. :)

That is an interesting question. Presumably tons of IM collectors would get at least two.

It'd make me change my mind about buying Whiplash 2.0 too..., decided not to get him as he'd be the odd one out in my collection but as a centrepiece with the army, navy, air force & marines (Hammer drones) either side of him, that would make for a great display. :)

Back