Iron Man mark I-VII diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, even if you already own MKII-VII... is double dipping any worse than buying 5 consecutive releases of the iphone or ipad?... and the whole argument of affecting 'investment potential' and resale always baffles me. I know some people are into hobbies to make money, but to me the focus should always be enjoying what you've spent money on, whatever it may be.

It makes me laugh.. there is a small number of lego collectors out there annoyed at the rumours of another 5000+ piece UCS Millenium Falcon ever being released in case it devalues what they already own (which really is the crown jewel of any lego collection, let alone Star Wars Lego)

Maybe I'm just a little annoyed that I couldn't get my hands on the Folio Edition of The Art of Uncharted 2 because they sold out so quickly, and yet you see them on Ebay every now and then with asking prices of thousands of dollars for shrink wrapped copies, lol..

Re: Diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

Yep. That''s why I'm looking to cash out now and get what I can for them, since they'll probably go for less closer to that time, or won't go at all since people will just wait for the new ones. I don't buy my figures to sell so I'd be happy to get back what I paid for (~$250), the fact that I could potentially get a little profit is a plus since I can use to for new releases coming later this year, and I get the space too, like swapping figures. I'd very much like to sell my Mechanic and Tony custom along with IP and 42 but I don't think those are really going anywhere... I'm definitely a bit hesitant on the WM since it's one of my earliest HTs at $180 or so, but if I can get $300 for that too, I'd be willing to let it go.

I sold my Mark IV and VI back in December because I knew this was coming. Sell them now.

Couldn't agree more. My old iron man figures are toys compared to the new mark 42. One sad thing I see disappearing is that the original marks had more little gimmicks like pop open flaps and such that required more engineering, where the current marks use more of the swapable parts approach so some of the coolness factor has been lost.

As great as the new figures look, I agree with this to some extent. It doesn't look like the DC Mk III is going to have the wrist shield or some of the other little gimmicks that made the older figures so much fun to fiddle around with. Conversely, their 1/4 Mk 43 is loaded to the gills with working control surfaces and other features.

The cynical part of me has to wonder if they're holding out on us, I don't see why the 1/6 versions couldn't achieve similar functionality when they've done it in the past.

I was considering waiting for a DC Mk II (my favourite armour, still), but given that it'll probably be a retool of the DC Mk III and have similar functionality, I've decided to try tracking down the Armour Unleashed version for a good price instead.

Why would we care that you care? :rotfl

we dont really care what any other collector thinks, but Hot Toys should if they want to stay in business, I think that Walkers sentiment. And yeah Diecast mk3 (though not out yet) to me, is a step back wards, that torso articulation (lack of) is just un acceptable. and the option to have that stuff off is going to be utilized by who? its a cool play feature but absolutely useless

As long as HT make another 'special edition' of the Mark III in diecast, I'm all good.. never did pull the trigger on the original 'Silly Thing' and if the Mark III is getting a v2 in diecast anyway, seems like a no-brainer.
:rock

As long as HT make another 'special edition' of the Mark III in diecast, I'm all good.. never did pull the trigger on the original 'Silly Thing' and if the Mark III is getting a v2 in diecast anyway, seems like a no-brainer.
:rock

highly unlikely, HT's like to keep exclusive items exclusive

As great as the new figures look, I agree with this to some extent. It doesn't look like the DC Mk III is going to have the wrist shield or some of the other little gimmicks that made the older figures so much fun to fiddle around with. Conversely, their 1/4 Mk 43 is loaded to the gills with working control surfaces and other features.

The cynical part of me has to wonder if they're holding out on us, I don't see why the 1/6 versions couldn't achieve similar functionality when they've done it in the past.

I was considering waiting for a DC Mk II (my favourite armour, still), but given that it'll probably be a retool of the DC Mk III and have similar functionality, I've decided to try tracking down the Armour Unleashed version for a good price instead.

Yeah im sure HT is holding out a bit. Being the king of the hill without any competition around doesn't help the end consumer. The armor unleashed version is a pretty amazing figure. I doubt that even if a DC version comes out it will come with so many parts and extras. So buying it now wouldn't be a bad call IMHO. With the armor unleashed version they also beefed up the upper pencil thighs that are found on the MK2 1.0, and the MK3...arguably the weakest aesthetic part on those two figures.

highly unlikely, HT's like to keep exclusive items exclusive

If it's diecast and HT give it a different name, all three variants (Silly Thing/ SDCC 2009) would be exclusive.. from a certain point of view. :)

I think HPP suits will probably be the exclusives for a while to come, Blue Steel & Tank are the next logical repaint exclusive choices for this year.

Back