Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$400 is not high end.

Semantics, and who cares. When you're a top contending collectibles company getting basic paint tones wrong is inexcusable. Otherwise, they may want to remove that excerpt below from their website.

Sideshow is regularly distinguished for achieving a level of authenticity seldom seen in the figure collectible arena. We have been highlighted in national trade and specialty toy publications, where our Sixth Scale collectible figures, statues and packaging have been regularly awarded 'Best of the Year.'

Semantics, and who cares. When you're a top contending collectibles company getting basic paint tones wrong is inexcusable. Otherwise, they may want to remove that excerpt below from their website.

Sideshow is regularly distinguished for achieving a level of authenticity seldom seen in the figure collectible arena. We have been highlighted in national trade and specialty toy publications, where our Sixth Scale collectible figures, statues and packaging have been regularly awarded 'Best of the Year.'

Who is forcing you to buy this or anything else? Oh, that's right, nobody. I'm sure SS and the 30,000 something pieces they ship each year aren't going to miss you or your 4 bennies.

Who is forcing you to buy this or anything else? Oh, that's right, nobody. I'm sure SS and the 30,000 something pieces they ship each year aren't going to miss you or your 4 bennies.

Another deflection from the entire point you seem to either be missing or don't understand entirely, you're on a roll. :lol

Another deflection from the entire point you seem to either be missing or don't understand entirely, you're on a roll. :lol

I don't care about your point. It's actually pretty pointless. I'll be hanging with my new IM statue soon enough while you keep complaining about a mass produced product out of a Chinese factory.

I don't care about your point. It's actually pretty pointless. I'll be hanging with my new IM statue soon enough while you keep complaining about a mass produced product out of a Chinese factory.
You spend a lot of time justifying your purchases for someone who 'doesn't care'.

51328-This-post-I-like-it-Another-Th-Pv2T.gif

But I don't spend any time justifying why I didn't buy something.

So what? You've went from rambling about Hollywood CGI to some inane diatribe about nobody forcing collectors to buy, to justifying your Chinese factory purchase, then finishing off with 'I don't care about the point' which you've been miserably trying to argue the entire time.

Nothing you've stated has anything to do with the original discussion you decided to join when you posted. :rotfl

Yea, everyone can make their own decisions of course. But even looking at those images from the movie or the photos on the site, the gold just feels more saturated to me and reads like metal. The paint on the piece I saw at SDCC looked like flat paint...just didn't read like metal at all. He just came off feeling very very dull. It's one thing to have matte paint but if its nicely reflective, it will feel like metal. But when the material clearly isn't metal(polystone) and the paint is also dull, then you get something that basically just is flat color with no specular highlight...and nothing pops. Esp with the mark 42 being so predominantly covered with this gold color, it felt very dull to me. Again, who knows...maybe they actually make the production pieces more vibrant and this will turn out amazing. Right not though, the Hot Toys version looked much better to me.

From past experience, in hand is always not as nice as Prototype. In this case, if the proto is looking dull. Then who knows actual product in hand.

I agree. If other collectible companies can do it, SS has no excuse.

YES, with today's technology and knowledge, and leading statue and new that monopolize all statues for past few years, we expect their A top notch product.

So what? You've went from rambling about Hollywood CGI to some inane diatribe about nobody forcing collectors to buy, to justifying your Chinese factory purchase, then finishing off with 'I don't care about the point' which you've been miserably trying to argue the entire time.

Nothing you've stated has anything to do with the original discussion you decided to join when you posted. :rotfl

And here you are, replying each time. Must have struck a nerve. What, with me being one all happy IM fan.

But even looking at those images from the movie or the photos on the site, the gold just feels more saturated to me and reads like metal. The paint on the piece I saw at SDCC looked like flat paint...just didn't read like metal at all. He just came off feeling very very dull. It's one thing to have matte paint but if its nicely reflective, it will feel like metal. But when the material clearly isn't metal(polystone) and the paint is also dull, then you get something that basically just is flat color with no specular highlight...and nothing pops. Esp with the mark 42 being so predominantly covered with this gold color, it felt very dull to me. Again, who knows...maybe they actually make the production pieces more vibrant and this will turn out amazing. Right not though, the Hot Toys version looked much better to me.

I agree. If other collectible companies can do it, SS has no excuse.

That's not a fair anology. We want to be fooled by movies. Noone wants to be shammed by a statue company

YES, with today's technology and knowledge, and leading statue and new that monopolize all statues for past few years, we expect their A top notch product.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

the MK42 isn't supposed to look vibrant nor is it supposed to be colourful. The actual gold and red tones are supposed to look slightly dull/matte anyway. I think the pics look okay to me...

mumasema.jpg

jytyzave.jpg

tyqa2y2y.jpg

when I saw the piece, it just looked dull, sloppy lines and details. So generally speaking, that probably means the production piece will be worse right? I remember seeing legacy HULK maq in person at the con and it was tremendous. In hand I love it, but i am still annoyed i didn't get the piece i saw.

I dunno, but I was not impressed and I wanted to cancel asap and put the money towards COTD.

Back