Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warning Guys I bought this figure and Robert Downey Jr. Faceplate while moving it broke into small pieces beyond repair , have to warn this could be a weak area of the statue first , secondly does any one know where I can get done a custom faceplate to attach ?
c0eae5c6637734ff20fae1b5e9fa5238.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really love the pose on this IM statue. I've found one on ebay at a reasonable price, local in CA so shipping is low for me. Seller says it's new and factory sealed and they won't accept any returns for defects since the item is sold out. After reading this thread I'm hesitant to go down this route given the potential for unacceptable QC issues. So I offered to buy the item BUT asked the seller if he would open the box and take detailed pics documenting the condition of the statue before shipping, and if the condition was unacceptable to refund my purchase price.

If he agrees I think I'll send the payment and await the pics, but I feel t's too risky to buy it sealed and get stuck with a lemon, especially with their no return policy. what do you guys think?

thanks
Art

New & Sealed? The seller should of checked it over within 30 of receiving it incase of any issues.

I wouldn't buy any item on eBay that hadn't been checked nevermind one with many highlighted flaws.

'No returns' is bollocks. You have an issue the seller isn't prepared to deal with it's straight to PayPal dispute.

Really love the pose on this IM statue. I've found one on ebay at a reasonable price, local in CA so shipping is low for me. Seller says it's new and factory sealed and they won't accept any returns for defects since the item is sold out. After reading this thread I'm hesitant to go down this route given the potential for unacceptable QC issues. So I offered to buy the item BUT asked the seller if he would open the box and take detailed pics documenting the condition of the statue before shipping, and if the condition was unacceptable to refund my purchase price.

If he agrees I think I'll send the payment and await the pics, but I feel t's too risky to buy it sealed and get stuck with a lemon, especially with their no return policy. what do you guys think?

thanks
Art

I think you're right to be taking precautions. Communicate well with the seller.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll stick with my gut on this and only purchase fully inspected piece.

Back