Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My feelings were quite the opposite. I'm all in for Emma and PG and mark 42 is almost a 100% pass unless they redo the paint. I'm gonna cancel my iron patriot as well since that's prob a disaster paint job as well.

I was in Hall h all day Saturday but got to see the mk42 today. After reading your initial thoughts, I have to absolutely agree. This was very very disappointing in person. Very sloppy and dull. I think I'm going to cancel this and IP. Especially after seeing how gorgeous the court of the dead is.

The modern thor and daredevil looked really really good in person, glad I po'd them!

I was in Hall h all day Saturday but got to see the mk42 today. After reading your initial thoughts, I have to absolutely agree. This was very very disappointing in person. Very sloppy and dull. I think I'm going to cancel this and IP. Especially after seeing how gorgeous the court of the dead is.

The modern thor and daredevil looked really really good in person, glad I po'd them!

Yup, totally. I think people who see SDCC pics and think it looks ok will be even more disappointed when they see it first hand. I was really psyched to see this at con and it was the biggest let down from SSC hands down. And not having IP on display makes me think that the paint job on that could be worse. I'm gonna keep my IP PO for now but if something better debuts, I'm prob gonna transfer my NRD.

Yikes, if the protos are THAT bad in person that people are canceling that's a horrible sign b/c these haven't been rushed for SDCC like the Mk 2 may have been, they have been done quite awhile.

Yup, totally. I think people who see SDCC pics and think it looks ok will be even more disappointed when they see it first hand. I was really psyched to see this at con and it was the biggest let down from SSC hands down. And not having IP on display makes me think that the paint job on that could be worse. I'm gonna keep my IP PO for now but if something better debuts, I'm prob gonna transfer my NRD.

I seriously don't understand these words. The piece looked great. It looked better in person than I was prepared for.

I was really looking forward to this line but after nothing even close to a good review i guess i will pass and cancel my IP. :(

Edit: one good review

I was really looking forward to this line but after nothing even close to a good review i guess i will pass and cancel my IP. :(

Edit: one good review

Really? If you like IP then who cares. Don't you have your own opinions?

I seriously don't understand these words. The piece looked great. It looked better in person than I was prepared for.

I guess we just have differing opinions my friend...to each his own. All I know is I was with 2 other buddies who aren't collectors, and they both thought the mark 42 looked bad. Sooo, I'm clearly not alone on this boat...

Really? If you like IP then who cares. Don't you have your own opinions?

I have not seen it in person and 99% of the people who have seen it have been disappointed. If the opinions on it was 50/50 or even something like "it's not perfect but i'm keeping my PO" I would keep it. But usually when this many IM fans are disappointed then something is not right. I hope they fix it and i can pick it up down the line. I also have the HT IP and the paint on it is stunning and i would want the paint on this more expensive piece to be as good or better.

I guess we just have differing opinions my friend...to each his own. All I know is I was with 2 other buddies who aren't collectors, and they both thought the mark 42 looked bad. Sooo, I'm clearly not alone on this boat...

I'm glad your friends validate your feelings. I think pg and Emma are easily the 2 worst pieces displayed. I don't spend time poisoning them though. It's cool with me, I can't wait to make space for IM.

I'm glad your friends validate your feelings. I think pg and Emma are easily the 2 worst pieces displayed. I don't spend time poisoning them though. It's cool with me, I can't wait to make space for IM.

Wow, ok, so I try to be cool with your opinion but you have to trash mine and basically trash my opinion about 2 other pieces? yeesh...glad we're all being adults here. anyways, glad you're happy with the piece bro. you don't see me trashing you for liking the piece do ya?

I have not seen it in person and 99% of the people who have seen it have been disappointed. If the opinions on it was 50/50 or even something like "it's not perfect but i'm keeping my PO" I would keep it. But usually when this many IM fans are disappointed then something is not right. I hope they fix it and i can pick it up down the line. I also have the HT IP and the paint on it is stunning and i would want the paint on this more expensive piece to be as good or better.
That's cool, you should cancel right away then. I bailed on black widow movie version after I was all over it. I regret nothing (especially since GG bailed me out). I also checked out on a couple others. I fence Thor and devil right now, even after being impressed in person. iM is nice though.

My hero of sdcc is fett though. Day 1 order.

That's cool, you should cancel right away then. I bailed on black widow movie version after I was all over it. I regret nothing (especially since GG bailed me out). I also checked out on a couple others. I fence Thor and devil right now, even after being impressed in person. iM is nice though.

My hero of sdcc is fett though. Day 1 order.

well, i guess we agree on something...fett is definitely a day one PO...

I personally really wanted to hear opinions on everything good or bad. It is easy to figure out what are hits and misses between here, Facebook and twitter. I have a lot on PO and i would not want to drop hundreds of dollars on something and be disappointed.

Wow, ok, so I try to be cool with your opinion but you have to trash mine and basically trash my opinion about 2 other pieces? yeesh...glad we're all being adults here. anyways, glad you're happy with the piece bro. you don't see me trashing you for liking the piece do ya?

I didn't trash you lol. You like 2 bits I don't. I don't spend time worrying about them. I saw them and shrugged and moved on. I'm not posting in those threads about how much I hate them. Is that what I should be doing???

I didn't trash you lol. You like 2 bits I don't. I don't spend time worrying about them. I saw them and shrugged and moved on. I'm not posting in those threads about how much I hate them. Is that what I should be doing???

well, its a forum so I too like to see opinions both good and bad. I don't post just to trash a specific piece and trust me, I rarely post negatively. In fact, I did a break down of my SDCC experience and this is the only piece I really felt negatively about. I don't mean to make anyone feel bad about their PO. I guess it was twice as disappointing to me that this piece let me down since I was really excited about it til I saw it. I was gonna PO this to go with IP and was definitely in for some of the future IM pieces to come...that remains to be seen now:(

Back