Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:idea Would'nt it be a good idea to just wait for inhand pics once this starts to ship and then make your own minds up if you want it in your collection or not rather than speculate till the cows come home on whether it looks any good or not :dunno at the end of the day, our judgements will be made on the production piece and not on the proto that was shown at Comic Con...

who knows, the production piece might turn out better than what you all saw at the Con? :horror

and yes you guys...you know anything is possible! Right? :eek:

ty9uqupe.jpg

With 4,000, or is it six yet, there's no rush.
As Andy said, wait for inhand pictures. You could even wait until it gets discounted in three years.

:idea Would'nt it be a good idea to just wait for inhand pics once this starts to ship and then make your own minds up if you want it in your collection or not rather than speculate till the cows come home on whether it looks any good or not :dunno at the end of the day, our judgements will be made on the production piece and not on the proto that was shown at Comic Con...

who knows, the production piece might turn out better than what you all saw at the Con? :horror

ty9uqupe.jpg

I'm not sure this pic helps andy:lol

Last edited:
From past experience, in hand is always not as nice as Prototype. In this case, if the proto is looking dull. Then who knows actual product in hand.

This is the part that scares me. This was what was chosen to show at THE showcase event of the year. So you would think they would put out the best of the best to provide something for the masses to drool over. To me, this doesn't bode well for the actual product we will be getting. History has shown that production pieces many time do not live up to the protos.

Tell that to the same people that saw Apoc and Spiderman at last year's con

:exactly:

Was thinking it, but wasn't going to say it ...lol

Why not? Weren't you just telling me yesterday you were there to call out BS? :tap

Fixed. Sorry man, had to do it...��

ty9uqupe.jpg

:horror The horror Andy! Is it Halloween already?! :panic:

Definitely something to consider sure but the IM hot toys stuff looked great IMO at SDCC.

Great point.

This is the part that scares me. This was what was chosen to show at THE showcase event of the year. So you would think they would put out the best of the best to provide something for the masses to drool over. To me, this doesn't bode well for the actual product we will be getting. History has shown that production pieces many time do not live up to the protos.

:goodpost:

ty9uqupe.jpg

Andy,

Have you been playing with your paint set again?

With 4000es, plenty of time to sit back and wait for in hand pics

good point. I never cancelled a statue before with a NRD, I heard they let you transfer the NRD sometimes?

very cool, thanks a bunch guys. I'll give them a call and see what happens. Like others have said, I should just wait for in hand pics. Hopefully this turns out better than what I saw, event though it's still a nice piece and I dig it, I feel burned by the scott Campbell SDCC spider-man. I really hope the COTD is as close to the ones shown at the con as well.

Nah. There's some flexibility there. Policy is once but I've had four. Just got to have a solid reason and a crap load of statues on order! Haha SS has always been pretty damn cool about shifting my NRDs.
Well, it sounds like you put alot of dollar their way so maybe you are an exception :lol
I've had two moved and yes, it's always worth trying. They can only say no.

Back