Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vaderâ„¢ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a waitlist conversion for the Deluxe Special edition today. I have the ROTJ version on order, but want both now.

Also got a conversion for the 2022 Batcycle as well. My wife is not going to be happy when these show up 😬

Okay I’ll bite and buy burnt Obi Ani.
1la643.jpg

Also got a conversation for both Deluxe and Deluxe exclusive (choose the former) this came at a good time because they just canceled my ROTJ Deluxe Vader yesterday for missing a payment. So I am at least happy I'll own a Vader.

Was it just my copy or are the wrist pegs impossible to remove and replace on this figure?

They seem to be the same new style as Black Panther had (which I also broke); one of my Vader’s was looking ready to snap so I thought I had better replace it before getting a broken peg stuck in one of his gloves. But in trying to remove the peg from the arm, the forarm popped out of the elbow socket before the hand peg ever came out! And then the large end of the hand peg broke off on the arm!

I ended up having to strip Vader down to re-attach his arm, but not before resorting to a drill to burrow out the broken hand peg. What a mess!

IMG_6271.gif

My waitlist conversion I purchased Wednesday shipped yesterday. Hopefully others that had this on preorder are getting theirs shipped as well. I don't understand why I would get mine before others that had on preorder.

My waitlist conversion I purchased Wednesday shipped yesterday. Hopefully others that had this on preorder are getting theirs shipped as well. I don't understand why I would get mine before others that had on preorder.
sideshow's shipping order has never made sense to me
tons of people can get theirs sooner than those who have ordered earlier, even day one pre-orders
I remember for endgame captain america I was waiting to receive mine when a few people who ordered just before his release got theirs before me

Also got a conversation for both Deluxe and Deluxe exclusive (choose the former) this came at a good time because they just canceled my ROTJ Deluxe Vader yesterday for missing a payment. So I am at least happy I'll own a Vader.
Curious as to why you didn’t get the Deluxe Exclusive. Aren’t they the same minus the exclusive having the additional Grand Inquisitor hologram? Granted the hologram isn’t really all that great and I’ll never use it but I was wondering if there’s something I’m missing.

Curious as to why you didn’t get the Deluxe Exclusive. Aren’t they the same minus the exclusive having the additional Grand Inquisitor hologram? Granted the hologram isn’t really all that great and I’ll never use it but I was wondering if there’s something I’m missing.
That's pretty much the reason for me, I don't care about the hologram so I didn't get that one. Plus I didn't know I was going to get a waitlist converted email for the exclusive, I only saw it after I ordered the Deluxe.

That's pretty much the reason for me, I don't care about the hologram so I didn't get that one. Plus I didn't know I was going to get a waitlist converted email for the exclusive, I only saw it after I ordered the Deluxe.
Similar thing happened to me only it was last May; got a waitlist conversion for the non-exclusive deluxe, then after having already placed my order the option for the exclusive deluxe came later. I figure the hologram would have only been good for one additional photo setup and then never used again - but I probably would have received my figure earlier had it been the exclusive deluxe.

Was it just my copy or are the wrist pegs impossible to remove and replace on this figure?

They seem to be the same new style as Black Panther had (which I also broke); one of my Vader’s was looking ready to snap so I thought I had better replace it before getting a broken peg stuck in one of his gloves. But in trying to remove the peg from the arm, the forarm popped out of the elbow socket before the hand peg ever came out! And then the large end of the hand peg broke off on the arm!

I ended up having to strip Vader down to re-attach his arm, but not before resorting to a drill to burrow out the broken hand peg. What a mess!

View attachment 701147
Sorry to hear that man

Some of my hands needed micro-widening with a small screwdriver, it's not something like that going on?

Not just your copy. Mine stay with the body whenever removing the hands as well. I figured this was HT fix due to the complaints about trying to get the hands to connect with the wrist pegs with previous releases. However, they must be removable somehow given that he does come with an extra pair of wrist pegs 🤔

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that man

Some of my hands needed micro-widening with a small screwdriver, it's not something like that going on?
Hmmm not sure.

Not just your copy. Mine stay with the body whenever removing the hands as well. I figured this was HT fix due to the complaints about trying to get the hands to connect with the wrist pegs with previous releases. However, they must be removable somehow given that he does come with an extra pair of wrist pegs 🤔
Right! Staying with the body instead of pulling out with the hand is ideal, but like you say they still have to be removable! Mine seemed to be permanently lodged in the arm, unless I was supposed to be turning them like a screw to get them out - but they’re not threaded that way.

Back