Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fill those cases with Iron Man Maquettes Sideshow!!!! :lecture :rock

a8e9eguv.jpg

Sooooooo, mark 42 is my BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT from SDCC last night. I was really psyched to see this along IP but they didn't even HAVE IP on display. But seeing this REALLY WORRIES me about IP. 42 looked really bad to me guys. This is the proto and the paint looked so so with the color of the gold being JUST TERRIBLE. It looks like a matte desaturated bland beige/yellow that has ZERO POP. And this is being under the crazy nice lights at comicon. All the preview pics before SDCC had the armor looking really nice with very colorful golds and shiny metallic paint but what I saw last night was FAR FAR from that. I HOPE that IP looks better because I already paid an NRD on that. The mark II was also not great...really worries me about the newer ones coming out. as of now, my old school mark VI BLOWS THESE OUT OF THE WATER.

Thanks for the update Sarakawa... So far from the pictures I've seen of Marvel SS, haven't been impressed with any of the new SS on display. Seriously, if HT paint is superior to SS, it's a joke. And this is the prototype. Can't wait to see the ones that are painted from China hahahahah

Agree with Sarakawa, it looks like Sideshow couldn't deliver a stellar paint job on their Mk 42 either.

Having seen not one, not two, but three high end collectibles companies fail to deliver stellar paint apps on this specific suit in production leads me to believe that the cost to achieve that metallic, gold finish must be astronomical.

The thing is, I'm willing to bet at least half of us would be willing to drop another two hundred on the piece if they could deliver an end product that matched the prototype.

Anyway, the statue looks good, and it isn't an abomination like their Mk 2.

Man, I know I've already spread my share of hate but it makes me very sad to do so. I have been looking for every opportunity to PO this. In fact I'm getting a little credit from my Spidey Comi and was gonna put it towards this. But after seeing it in person, I can't do it. I am just so disappointed in the proto they had on display. I was at least hoping it would be as nice as my Mark VI maquette. I pray that IP looks better but it makes me wonder if he looks even worse since they didn't have him on display at all...ugh, with Mark II also being sub par, I can see why the prices on these are lower than the original Mark VI and WM maquettes.

It's understandable sarakawa, when you're passionate about a character and looking forward to a piece only to be let down you have to vent somewhere :lol

Sometimes though I wonder if SS shat on a base many on here would buy it if it were numbered on the bottom. Just saying. Not comparing this to shat but you get my drift.

Back