Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That gif sure brightened my day. I have a tween daughter and I'm absolutely sick of One Direction.

Sorry for the derail but..

GREAT SUCCESS!

483750_488353007892818_2095957166_n.jpg

You know, I can't think of better training wheels for a new SSF member than a thread of Bieber hatred. :yess:

Here comes Igor:

ironman3hulkbanner.png

Iron-Man-3-with-Hulkbuster-banner.jpg

___

I remember seeing the message boards light up with hate when the concept art for this armor made the rounds.

Now that it's officially part of the movie, its suddenly the greatest thing ever.

IF it turns out to be the Hulkbuster armor, I would love it if Banner had some input in the development. :thud:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whoops, forgot the spoiler tags! :(

Last edited:
LOL So I open this thread and see FIVE new pages of post and my first thought is "what the heck happened that there are five whole new pages of posts on this movie? I didn't hear anything big come out lately?"

And I was right.

I have to hand it to Marvel for being crazy/ballsy/visionary enough to make a GOTG movie just so they can have characters that can be killed off a year later by Thanos in Avengers 2.

Someone needs to die and it can't be from the main group, but a bald warrior, racoon, tree and the rest of the gang are perfecr fodder.

Like who cares if any of them ever show up in additional movies of their own. :lol

Time to die you secondary characters. :lol

I have to hand it to Marvel for being crazy/ballsy/visionary enough to make a GOTG movie just so they can have characters that can be killed off a year later by Thanos in Avengers 2.

Someone needs to die and it can't be from the main group, but a bald warrior, racoon, tree and the rest of the gang are perfecr fodder.

Like who cares if any of them ever show up in additional movies of their own. :lol

You know what's interesting... someone made the point the other day... i think it was Bendis... he said that everyone was saying "Ironman?! That'll never do well! Secondary character. Not a household name!" and then Marvel made the movie and they laughed all the way to the bank. Let's not underestimate how these new characters may be received.

Chris Pratt is a brilliant casting. He brings a real down to eath sensibility and humor to the Starlord character. He's also great at Improv... just like another well known Actor (RDJ)!

imagecx.gif

Rocket Raccoon must live forever! :lecture

:exactly:

You know what's interesting... someone made the point the other day... i think it was Bendis... he said that everyone was saying "Ironman?! That'll never do well! Secondary character. Not a household name!" and then Marvel made the movie and they laughed all the way to the bank. Let's not underestimate how these new characters may be received.

Chris Pratt is a brilliant casting. He brings a real down to eath sensibility and humor to the Starlord character. He's also great at Improv... just like another well known Actor (RDJ)!

The Guardians had a successful series that really upped their status among readers and in the MU.

I can see Marvel doing the same with the movie

It will all come down to how the cast performs. RDJ is as charismatic as it gets. He was definitely a major contributing factor to getting butts in the seats.

Right now the GotG cast is shaping up nicely (verdict is still out on Batista :lol), I don't know if it will be able to have as universal appeal though. It's somewhat unusual characters might alienate certain audiences. I'm hoping for the best :pray:

Back