Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically they made a figure that can do the open palm shot..instead of redesigning the current ones to do it? And thats all he can do? Awful..PASS!

I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for this.

Hold on, someone's at the door, he said he's got some free Hot Toys figures for me. I'll be right back . . .

In all seriousness, if you haven't noticed how Sideshow/Hot Toys grease the wheels around here. . . well, I won't make a snide remark because your post history tells me you're rather on top of things, but really. . . with the amount of free stuff they send out to a select group of individuals who continue to promote their brand and foster the goodwill, it shouldn't be a surprise to see this sort of thing happen.

WTH :huh

I sure dont get any free SS or HT figures. Always paid mine with flexpay and hard earned cash.:thud:

If anything, HT still have yet to send me my tumbler antenna replacement since last year. I get the same treatment just like the rest of us here. :gah:

I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for this.

Hold on, someone's at the door, he said he's got some free Hot Toys figures for me. I'll be right back . . .

In all seriousness, if you haven't noticed how Sideshow/Hot Toys grease the wheels around here. . . well, I won't make a snide remark because your post history tells me you're rather on top of things, but really. . . with the amount of free stuff they send out to a select group of individuals who continue to promote their brand and foster the goodwill, it shouldn't be a surprise to see this sort of thing happen.

It's not a surprise, but for it to be made so obvious is a bit disappointing. I mean really... "Hey Freaks, this statue we've got here, it's not really a statue. It's an action figure that doesn't have articulated joints"

Last time we had a similar request from HT (to take down photos of the proto/unofficial teaser of rescue Cap), Dave did do what HT requested.

Its just a section difference, i dont really understand why are you being sensitive bout the whole thing. :huh

If Dave is fine with it, that's all cool. Like I said, when the reason given is "because HT asked for it" the perceived independence of this forum takes a hit. A small hit, but a hit.

But the other part of this is that this thing clearly isn't an action figure. It's a statue. And everyone can see it. HT trying to pretend otherwise is a bit... stoopid.

Looks cool and better proportioned than their figures. I like to mix up mediums in my display and have statues and dolls displayed together so yeah, i'll buy it over the doll for varieties sake.
You have to laugh at how much they're milking this licence though!

HT sent a message requesting this to be moved back to action figure section.

HT reads this forum?! :monkey4

:wave :moon

HT reads the forum?!?!?

:panic:

:nana:

:wave

;)

Well, they definitely pay the bills around here. . . haven't you noticed all the affiliate links??

:rotfl

What do we know of the new diecast line? They'll obviously be more expensive than the MMS figures. What if they're ditching the MMS in favor of diecast? Then this will be the only option for those that can't afford the diecast. That would suck...

Yay, for fear mongering. :D

:thwak

WTH :huh

I sure dont get any free SS or HT figures. Always paid mine with flexpay and hard earned cash.:thud:

If anything, HT still have yet to send me my tumbler antenna replacement since last year. I get the same treatment just like the rest of us here. :gah:

Did you get HT's hardcover book?? If you didn't, I'm sure they would send you one, if you asked. But either way, I wasn't referring to you specifically. I don't think you're part of the Sixth Scale Illuminati. :peace

Out of curiosity, did HT send you the request to your inbox, or is there a general SSF mod inbox, and you just got there first?? Or did some CS guy at HT just report the post??

In all honesty, I'd love to be a mod, to see how it works, to be on the inside, but realistically, I would ban and infract so many people for being jerks and moaning and complaining that I'd get fired in a day or two. :lol

It's not a surprise, but for it to be made so obvious is a bit disappointing. I mean really... "Hey Freaks, this statue we've got here, it's not really a statue. It's an action figure that doesn't have articulated joints"

If Dave is fine with it, that's all cool. Like I said, when the reason given is "because HT asked for it" the perceived independence of this forum takes a hit. A small hit, but a hit.

But the other part of this is that this thing clearly isn't an action figure. It's a statue. And everyone can see it. HT trying to pretend otherwise is a bit... stoopid.

Okay, i see where you are coming from.

But to accuse the forum and/or some individuals to be on HT's payroll and suspect a foul play without any evidence to back it up is just foolish. Come on, ive seen and read a lot of your posts here and most of the time i agree with what you said. You'd be the last person i'd expect to write such statement.

I think you are just over analyzing the situation. Its HT's business strategy, and they politely asked us to move the section back to action figure section ( i had previously moved it to the statue section) and as a courtesy, we move it back.

And for the record, yeah, i think this is a statue with swappable parts. And i aint buying it.

Did you get HT's hardcover book?? If you didn't, I'm sure they would send you one, if you asked. But either way, I wasn't referring to you specifically. I don't think you're part of the Sixth Scale Illuminati. :peace

Out of curiosity, did HT send you the request to your inbox, or is there a general SSF mod inbox, and you just got there first?? Or did some CS guy at HT just report the post??

In all honesty, I'd love to be a mod, to see how it works, to be on the inside, but realistically, I would ban and infract so many people for being jerks and moaning and complaining that I'd get fired in a day or two. :lol

No they didnt send me any books. All i need from them right now is just send my HT tumbler antenna part and i'd be more than grateful already.

HT sent a PM to one of the mod (which have no power in the Marvel section, im assuming) requesting the thread to be moved. And that mod sent us/me a message with the request.

Okay, i see where you are coming from.

But to accuse the forum and/or some individuals to be on HT's payroll and suspect a foul play without any evidence to back it up is just foolish. Come on, ive seen and read a lot of your posts here and most of the time i agree with what you said. You'd be the last person i'd expect to write such statement.

I can see how it would've sounded like that. I went off half-cocked, but definitely wasn't suggesting foul play.

I think you are just over analyzing the situation. Its HT's business strategy, and they politely asked us to move the section back to action figure section ( i had previously moved it to the statue section) and as a courtesy, we move it back.

I probably am :)

And for the record, yeah, i think this is a statue with swappable parts. And i aint buying it.

You're ain't buying that it's a statue, or you ain't buying the figure? :lol

Why dont they give us the regular 1/6 figure? This is just a waste... glad I preordered my Mark VII figure.

After seeing this im wondering will we get a regular mms 1/6 scale figure or is this it?

So there's this, and then the mms figure, and then the die-cast figure, and then the inevitable 1/4 figure.

Global saturation.

Edit: oh wait, I almost forgot that they are also making busts. Those too.

Last edited:
Back