Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone in OSR said the price is 1030 hk dollar, so this statue is around..150USD?

“I am Iron Man.” The Iron Man 3 movie is coming in just three months and it is time to activate the armor! In view of the high anticipation of the Mark XLII character, Hot Toys is thrilled to present the 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine from the new Power Pose Series from the Iron Man 3 movie as the debut of the Series, highlighting the powerful poses performed, LED light-up functions and figure stand with Mark XLII and the Stark Industries nameplate.

600526_424331747645719_20848518_n.jpg

485305_424331667645727_930714530_n.jpg

531654_424331787645715_1285455128_n.jpg

521904_424331894312371_1549828748_n.jpg

Why does Iron man have something up his butt? I didn't know he liked to be @n@l probed. :monkey3

Hmm... I'm questioning the point of this collectible. After all, wouldn't the MMS figure be able to achieve the same poses as the ones in those pics? Looking at the new Tony Stark figure, HT has the wrist articulation down, so the only other aspect of articulation this product can present is the legs/knees...

Hot Toys=
Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

I can see this one on massive clearance one day on SS's site. Save your gift cards if you even are remotely interested in this....Also I can guarantee it won't be less than $250

Why does this even exist? Who'd be dumb enough to buy it if an MMS can do everything it can and more? I can't imagine them getting too much extra money out of the "Power Pose" version to be worth it -- not unless the MMS version comes out at least a year after (which isn't going to be the case).

The only purpose for this to exist is to be a cheaper alternative to the MMS figure. If its actually more expensive, then its a monumental fail :duh I'm starting to think HT created this line as a safeguard to 'cushion' us because the new iron man figures will have a higher price than we're expecting. I hope im wrong, but its just strange that they chose 1/6 scale for this, because it will be competing directly against their other line. Its like their saying 'well if you can't buy the new figure you can get this which is the next best thing'

Also what material is this made of, plastic ?

So Hot Toys is making Kotobukiya statues now :dunno

This was my thought. If they can stick to Kotobukiya prices, i'm in. For my home collection, i prefer the 1/6th figures. However, for my desk at work, where stuff can be touched/dropped when i'm away, i like the Kotobukiya pieces since they're not that fragile and still look great.

I don't....it seems..... what is..... *falls down into fetal position*

I'll save my $100 for the MMS, pass. :lol
I think this one is good for business expansion into
cheaper markets, but clearly an inferior product.

Back