Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
supermark.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Smart move by re-painting an already released figure...Why? Cause everyone would be _____ing if it was a 'must-have'...If this would have been a Samuel Jackson Nick Fury, Odin from Thor, or name any other license people would have HATED Hot Toys for that...Like they did with Beat It Michael Jackson, BB Scarecrow (not really DemonBat)...

Its a simple variant, so its a simple pass for most...However, I bet you some that say pass will try to get one to flip...

Smart move by re-painting an already released figure...Why? Cause everyone would be _____ing if it was a 'must-have'...If this would have been a Samuel Jackson Nick Fury, Odin from Thor, or name any other license people would have HATED Hot Toys for that...Like they did with Beat It Michael Jackson, BB Scarecrow (not really DemonBat)...

Its a simple variant, so its a simple pass for most...However, I bet you some that say pass will try to get one to flip...

:exactly: Very true.

I just cancelled my pre-order that I had, and I'm going to order the regular Mark IV instead.

Too much effort to flip it, and I doubt that this particular one is going to have the same value as other HT unless you wait a fairly long time, and even then it's not the most appealing variant. Just my thoughts anyway, and I could be underestimating the power of exclusivity. :lecture

:exactly: Very true.

Exactamundo, and has anyone tried tracking down the previous grey exclusive recently...

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-HOT-TOYS-X...913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4157bd38f1

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Iron-...102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aabd29efe

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-1-6-I...222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56444b68fe

Iron Man is popular, he sells, this is a business.
So I agree, a cool desirable exclusive is a good idea, but an essential must have character is not. The Tokyo expo was a different state of affairs, it was to celebrate 10 years of business, these are not in that kind of category.

I won't buy it. However i think Hot Toys should have named it something other than Mark IV. Give a specific name like "Stealth Armour".

This the same figure as before only w/ a grey paint job. Add that this is now like the 7th iteration of the same character. To me that's kind of lame. Plus it really cheapens the line. A Pepper Pots excl would have lit a fire under everyone.

so we still have an avengers IM to look forward to as well.

Back