Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mark 3 Stealth Iron Man was awesome and from my perspective made the figure look much better than the coloured version (I have both). It made the figure look 'beefier'. I have the Orange and Red Mark 4 and now really want this one too. In fact I would trade my coloured one for this anyday.

The only reason it looks good is because of the mark iv suit. I could paint my mark vi and call it my secret project too!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me next year we will see the mark vi secret project and than the year after the mark v secret project?????????? They should of gave us the mark 2 unleashed version as the sdcc exclusive. I would of bought that. Or the war Droids in part 2 for a cool battle scene. I wish I could be CEO of hot toys.

Even if it is another gunmetal IM figure, I am thinking of getting this also. I just hope it isn't going to have a healthy price tag behind it, since it is just a repaint.

The Mark IV was really awesome piece and this is it just a different color. I wish it was the stealth or Iron Patriot but I'll take it. It will look good with the other figures I've got from this series as well as the other GMG figure.

Man this is really a bummer. This is my first SDCC experience as a collector and I think they really dropped the ball with this gunmetal Mark IV, which is compounded by the unveiling of those mini busts earlier that pretty much everyone hated.

Isn't the SDCC the collector's equivalent of the Super Bowl? HT could have really blown the doors off with an Iron Monger, Justin Hammer, Hammer Drone, or a litany of other figures but unveiling a lazy repaint and giving it a gimmicky name "secret project" is pretty awful.

Man this is really a bummer. This is my first SDCC experience as a collector and I think they really dropped the ball with this gunmetal Mark IV, which is compounded by the unveiling of those mini busts earlier that pretty much everyone hated.

Isn't the SDCC the collector's equivalent of the Super Bowl? HT could have really blown the doors off with an Iron Monger, Justin Hammer, Hammer Drone, or a litany of other figures but unveiling a lazy repaint and giving it a gimmicky name "secret project" is pretty awful.

Who hates the helms they showed? Those look cool as hell. I'm getting a set of those for sure.

They will never do those as a Comic-Con Ex. Just not gonna happen. Comic-Con Ex are always variants.

I don't have the original Mark IV figure so I'll probably just get this one regardless of the color change.

I just hope it isn't going to have a healthy price tag behind it, since it is just a repaint.

It'll have a hefty price tag. :lol (more limited=scarcity)

So this is a sorta-kinda-film-concept "stealth" Mark 4?

A true stealth suit from the comics would be black, with shifting bluish metallic highlights.

StealthMark1.gif

A tough look to pull off in old-school four-color comics.
But consider the blue mud dauber:

KQDRXQJR0Q3RRQCQM0FQJKNRZQOQM0VRLQ3QYKJQM0URFKNRRQ3Q70JQRQAR3KURLQCQG0NRZQ.jpg

A look that only mother nature has managed to pull off.
There are some color-shifting auto paints that come close, but no painted polystone or plastic I've seen . . .

Shame HT didn't "WOW" us with some new chrome-ish coating.
Matte finifshes can be cool, though.

At least folks who missed out on the first Mk. 4 have a chance to own the model.

What's so wrong with that?

:dunno

Who hates the helms they showed? Those look cool as hell. I'm getting a set of those for sure.

They will never do those as a Comic-Con Ex. Just not gonna happen. Comic-Con Ex are always variants.

If I recall that thread was chock full of negative comments, I could be wrong but I think you're in the minority of those who think the helmets were worth the $.

If I recall that thread was chock full of negative comments, I could be wrong but I think you're in the minority of those who think the helmets were worth the $.

I created a thread but don't recall it being full of negative comments. Getting ready to bump it so we'll find out. :lol Thats ok. I like them and I'm ok with that. :lol

This isn't tied to the films at all it's just the Gunmetal Grey paint scheme over again just with the Mark IV. I think it looks better with the Mark IV then it did with the Mark III. I'm definitely going for it but it does seem uninspired.

I am a huge Iron Man fan but yeah I don't like those SS Helmets and will not be getting them BUT will be picking this up for sure.

When will SS be charging Credit cards for this?

EDIT: Just saw the new pic Josh put up in the Ironman helmet thread and now I want them LOL

Isn't this the case with most SDCC exclusives? They mostly seem to me like repainted and or retooled figures.

Isn't this the case with most SDCC exclusives? They mostly seem to me like repainted and or retooled figures.

I don't know? :dunno Like I stated this is my 1st year collecting, so I thought maybe they'd be unveiling something sup awesome instead of a repaint. Lesson learned! :lecture :thud:

Places like Hasbro might do some kind of newish figure but I for the most part they're repaint/variants.

Back