INDY Sketch Cards from upcoming Topps "Heritage" Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching some sketch cards on ebay by some of these guys. Some of them are going for insane prices like $800 and I saw one Ford auto someone wanted 10k dollars for.

Exactly! It was the Lord of the Rings autographs that finally pushed me over the edge and made me quit collecting! Of course, my original trading card artwork, display boxes, wrappers and sets (that I sold), funded my Sideshow collection for about two years!!! :rock

WOW! Those are really nice! I like the Sallah one the most! So is a sketch card or autograph guaranteed in a single box?

It's not "guaranteed" but from all the case breakdowns I've read the average is one or the other per box. I might be getting another box tomorrow so i'm hoping for an auto this time...

Exactly! It was the Lord of the Rings autographs that finally pushed me over the edge and made me quit collecting! Of course, my original trading card artwork, display boxes, wrappers and sets (that I sold), funded my Sideshow collection for about two years!!! :rock

Well, thats why now I just pick up like the little mini master set I snagged. These other things are just too much to collect.

Does anyone know the odds of getting the inserts? Topps hasn't updated their site. I'd really like to see the individual odds of all the insert cards and sketch cards.

And see i'm just the opposite, i've actually turned away from collectibles and gone towards cards. It first started by getting back into my vintage wax pack collection and now these Indy cards... :monkey5

Topps definitely did some weird stuff in the packing of these cards. Out of a full case (8 boxes) I did end up with 9 special inserts (sketch cards/autos)... but two whole boxes had NONE and two others had 2 or more. :confused: Some people who only buy a box or two are going to be totally screwed (or very lucky). Also, Topps was VERY stingy with the Hobby sets... with only 5 cards in each pack, there should be 36 packs in a box and not 24. Bad form, Topps. :nono

Anyway, I opened up every pack last night. All 8 boxes. So, yes, I have tons of extra base cards. I figure I should be able to put together 4-5 extra base sets easily. I also ended up with 8 or 9 of the special numbered cards.

Here are some pics...

Opening The Case:
indy_heritage_02.jpg

Finding Monkey Man Autograph (got 2 of these, so one is for sale):
indy_heritage_03.jpg

This is what it looked like after I had only opened HALF of my cards:
indy_heritage_01.jpg

A couple of the Sketch Cards I got (also to be for sale):
indy_heritage_04.jpg

indy_heritage_05.jpg

Happy hunting, folks!

VERY NICE! IrishJedi! What other Sketches/Autos did you get? And as for the boxes lacking any inserts, that seems to be the average from what i've heard...

VERY NICE! IrishJedi! What other Sketches/Autos did you get?

I got a great Chris Trevas Indy card (I'll scan later) as well as Karen Allen and John Rhys Davis autos that I will definitely be keeping.

Here are the ones I am willing to part with...

Sketch Cards:

indysketchcards.jpg

Autograph Cards:

indyheritage_auto1.jpg

Vic Tablian - Monkey Man/Baranca

indyheritage_auto2.jpg

David Yip - Wu Han ("Into the great unknown adventure... I go first, Indy."

indyheritage_auto3.jpg

Ric Young - Kao Kan (Son of Lao Che)

indyheritage_auto4.jpg

Vernon Dobtcheff - The Butler ("If you are Scottish Lord then I am Mickey Mouse!")

Wow, really nice find. That's really weird about some boxes haveing none and some having double. I'm going to be totally pissed if I get nothing, haha. It's THE only reason why I bought an entire box.

I got a great Chris Trevas Indy card (I'll scan later) as well as Karen Allen and John Rhys Davis autos that I will definitely be keeping.

Here are the ones I am willing to part with...

Sketch Cards:

indysketchcards.jpg

Damn, congrats on the Allen and Davis. They are pretty shortprinted and nice ones to have. And that Thugee sketch is amazing. Sooo tempted...

what do you do with all the normal cards when youre done?

also, how much does a case go for these days? I havent bought cards in a long long time.

what do you do with all the normal cards when youre done?

also, how much does a case go for these days? I havent bought cards in a long long time.

Out of 2 boxes I got 2 full sets and about 50+ spares. One set I keep, the other is probably going to a friend...

I think i saw somewhere online that had cases for $320 dlvd...

Wow, really nice find. That's really weird about some boxes haveing none and some having double. I'm going to be totally pissed if I get nothing, haha. It's THE only reason why I bought an entire box.

I agree with you there about buying a box and NOT getting at least one autograph card. I am getting one sealed "hobby box". I couldn't afford a full case of cards. So I am hoping to get at least one autograph. Yeah, everyone wants Harrison Ford. But I wonder what the odds are like to actually get his card? Anyone out there get a Harrison Ford autographed card yet?

I will get my box early next week and post here what I got in mine. Hopefully I get one cool autograhped card and a few sketch cards in mine!

I will get my box early next week and post here what I got in mine. Hopefully I get one cool autograhped card and a few sketch cards in mine!

That will be a miracle if you pull all of that out of one box. The most i've heard, and this is only one instance, is 2 autos in the same box. Otherwise it's pretty much one or the other. per box...

Wow...okay then. Well, I hope to get at least one special card of some kind. :cool: An autograph, or a parallel, or a sketch card from my box. Fingers crossed....:D

That's a good one :)

I get one with my set that I bought and I'm curious to see what I get.

Back