INDY Sketch Cards from upcoming Topps "Heritage" Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are 24 packs per box. At retail, the cards are usually about $2 per pack. Each pack contains 7 cards and a stick of gum.

I ordered a full Hobby case (8 sealed Hobby edition boxes) off a dealer on eBay for $300. That comes to about $1.57 a pack and gives me at least 8 shots at cool sketch cards and other premiums (the ultimate are the Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas autograph cards).

If folks on here just want a complete set of the 90+ basic cards then I can probably hook you up on the cheap since I'll obviously have tons. :monkey5

Is it 7 cards per pack? I read somewhere it was 5. I've ordered one box, and I'm hoping I'll get a full set of 90...if not I'll be in touch!

Did you hear anything about the other heritage boxes - the ones that come with magnets based on the vintage trading card stickers? I saw a post on throw me the idol a while back but haven't heard anymore about when they're coming out.

Is it 7 cards per pack? I read somewhere it was 5. I've ordered one box, and I'm hoping I'll get a full set of 90...if not I'll be in touch!

Did you hear anything about the other heritage boxes - the ones that come with magnets based on the vintage trading card stickers? I saw a post on throw me the idol a while back but haven't heard anymore about when they're coming out.

Yes, 7 cards per pack according to my supplier. You should be able to procure a full set of 90 (plus some bonuses) with a full sealed box. But if not I'm sure I'll be able to supplement you. ;)

The other Heritage sets with the magnets and vintage style stickers are the RETAIL edition (that will be for sale at department stores, drug stores, etc). That should be released at the same time as the Hobby edition. The Hobby edition is obviously more desireable because of the random sketch and autograph cards (which the Retail editions never have).

Hope this helps.

Update. Definitely 7 cards per pack:

INDY_WRAP_HBY_3D%5B1%5D%5B2%5D.jpg

Thanks - it does help! Do you think these will be more expensive after the release date or as pre-orders? I preordered a box and am wondering whether to get another.

I've never preordered anything before in my life (from eBay), so it was a first for me.

By the way, what's a 'sequentially numbered parallel'?

Thanks - it does help! Do you think these will be more expensive after the release date or as pre-orders? I preordered a box and am wondering whether to get another.

For card sets like these, the prices generally remain the same as far as buying unopened boxes. It just depends on whether the initial printing sells out or not. And it might be a little tougher to buy them by the case after they hit.

I've never preordered anything before in my life (from eBay), so it was a first for me.

Well, they come out in just over a week (March 12... next Wednesday) so you don't have too long to wait. ;)

By the way, what's a 'sequentially numbered parallel'?

I'm guessing it's the usual deal where you collect a certain sequence of cards that, when put together, make up a single larger image.

Wow, more great art Mark!

Is it going to be impossible to get those paired sets or do they come together in a pack?

Wow, more great art Mark!

Is it going to be impossible to get those paired sets or do they come together in a pack?

The former. Paired sets are always split up as separate chase cards.

However, if you found one it's possible that the other may be in the same case (NOT the same box... the same case, which is 8 boxes).

Fantastic art work - I particular love the card with Marion with long dark hair. But there's a great, pulpy quality to all of them.

Thanks everyone!
The former. Paired sets are always split up as separate chase cards.

However, if you found one it's possible that the other may be in the same case (NOT the same box... the same case, which is 8 boxes).
Exactly. And it's also very probable that if you have 1 card...the other will pop up on ebay eventually.

Update. Definitely 7 cards per pack:

INDY_WRAP_HBY_3D%5B1%5D%5B2%5D.jpg

Wow, that packaging is great. It looks exactly like the old Wax Pack from the ROTLA line. Here are pics of a few sealed packs I have for reference:

ROTLAPacks.jpg

Hopefully i'll be able to track some of these down...

I think I'm gonna try to pick up a ROTLA and TOD topps sets on ebay. Then pick up the Heritage and then snag the Indy 4 set.

The release date is now March 19th for Indy Heritage.
Indy004.jpg

Indy.jpg

Indy009.jpg

Great artwork Mark! What medium(s) did you paint them in? It looks like watercolor, or acrylics to me. Very nice. I'm getting a sealed "hobby box" of the Heritage cards later this month. I hope to get some of your cards in it! :D

Yes, 7 cards per pack according to my supplier. You should be able to procure a full set of 90 (plus some bonuses) with a full sealed box. But if not I'm sure I'll be able to supplement you. ;)

The other Heritage sets with the magnets and vintage style stickers are the RETAIL edition (that will be for sale at department stores, drug stores, etc). That should be released at the same time as the Hobby edition. The Hobby edition is obviously more desireable because of the random sketch and autograph cards (which the Retail editions never have).

Hope this helps.

I "pre-ordered" one sealed "hobby box" on eBay too Irish. If I don't end up with at least one full set of the regular 90 cards, can I talk to you about getting the cards I would need to fulfill one set? I usually like to get one set to keep for myself, and I put them in those card holder pages inside a 3-ring binder. Do you know if Topps is making a 3-ring binder to hold these cards? I hope so. It'll be cool to have an "official" one to store my cards in! :D

Great artwork Mark! What medium(s) did you paint them in? It looks like watercolor, or acrylics to me. Very nice. I'm getting a sealed "hobby box" of the Heritage cards later this month. I hope to get some of your cards in it! :D
Acrylics.
...and I bought a couple of cases. So I'm sure I can help you fill in the gaps if you're short on the base set.

Back