InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some might say these are minor but since you asked..
  • Chest \S/ is a flatter, ever so slightly smaller in height but not width, sits a littler lower from the collar and more metallic with Kryptonian writing mixed in. The red part of the \S/ on MoS is raised a bit above the yellow/gold parts.
  • Kryptonian writing on the shoulders just under the dealts
  • His silver chrome muscle suit was sculpted this time instead of being a cast of his actual physique like in MoS. Which is why the musculature looks more natural in MoS versus BvS and JL
  • Boots have a square toe instead of rounded. They have a heel instead of being completely flat. Wing tip trim is doubled up instead of one trim detail.
  • Trim around the entire suit is now dark metallic blue with light metallic blue accents instead of the of the metallic graphite color of MoS. It's also a bit thinner.
  • Cape has been changed from velvet type material to a patterned/textured fabric that's also a little more red
  • The "belt" was changed from a circle that had the chainmail pattern to a square that has the \S/
  • Lastly - since you asked about the differences- the crotch is a little more defined in the BvS/JL suits vs MoS :LOL:
I believe that's everything
Maybe just the gauntlets?

Loving all the positivity here for this figure / tease.

Really hoping these 1:1 busts from InArts mother company Queen Studios are digitally created.

That would be a really good starting point to easily scale down to 1/6 scale for the important head sculpt.

IMG_6532.png

I think the other issue with rooted hair for me (and silicone skin, glass eyes, things of that nature) is when it's not done to perfection, it makes the piece look less like a shrunk-down person and more like a cheap wax mannequin. Or what if those elements are done well, but the others are not? Such premium features create a greater expectation of realism and if the piece doesn't live up to it, it looks worse and less cohesive than a piece which lacks them. This is one case where I believe it's better to aim a bit lower and hit the mark 100% than aim high and miss it.

The risk is even greater with larger collectibles. You'd think bigger is better since it's closer to being lifelike, but it also makes mistakes more obvious. Some of the 1/2-scale "hyper-real" statues look great. Others look fake due to the rooted hair and glass eyes drawing attention to their other shortcomings. I'd be more forgiving of those shortcomings if the hair were sculpted because the quality of the different components would be more level.
Yup I'm all for greater realism, but I don't think rooted hair automatically gives you that, any more than moving eyes does (ahem Inart Joker). And hell Infinity even struggled with the hair on their life sized Cavill bust, where it ended up looking atrocious and like a really bad wig.

And even when short rooted hair on male figures is done well (like with those IW Thors people have done), I still find it distracting as my eye is immediately drawn to the hair first instead of the overall portrait.

Last edited:
Also (per Hot Toys scaling) Superman was something like 7' tall in MoS, whereas in BvS he shrunk back down to the actual height of Henry Cavill...
that's more of a difference between the HT figures from MoS to BvS and not the actual suit differences from the movies themselves.

But, to be fair, that's when HT was trying to start upscaling their heroes. Just like how the Bale TDK figures are also now taller. Chris Evan's also isn't almost 7' in real life but his IW and EG figures are also nearly 13" tall. The proportions on the MoS figure itself are fine, ppl just complained that he was taller than their beloved Reeve figure, so HT shrunk the torso but left the other parts the same which then gave the BvS and JL figures wonky proportions. And b/c of that, Batman also ended up with his gorilla arms and stubby legs.
Maybe just the gauntlets?
I include that as part of the trim. But, yes if we make that a separate item, they are also different. Thinner, dark metallic blue with the lighter metallic blue accents and kryptonian writing at the wrist. I've edited my post :duff

Off the top of my head, including but not limited to.
BvS has a slightly smaller emblem with Kryptonian writing on it.
The buckle on the belt is rectangle instead of oval.
The lines on the side of the suit have been changed in shape and size plus from black to blue.
Different shade and material of red on the cape.
Slightly different blue on the whole suit.
The trim on the boots at the top has two lines instead of one.

Quite a few more I can't think of too.

Some might say these are minor but since you asked..
  • Chest \S/ is a flatter, ever so slightly smaller in height but not width, sits a littler lower from the collar and more metallic with Kryptonian writing mixed in. The red part of the \S/ on MoS is raised a bit above the yellow/gold parts.
  • Kryptonian writing on the shoulders just under the dealts
  • His silver chrome muscle suit was sculpted this time instead of being a cast of his actual physique like in MoS. Which is why the musculature looks more natural in MoS versus BvS and JL
  • Boots have a square toe instead of rounded. They have a heel instead of being completely flat. Wing tip trim is doubled up instead of one trim detail.
  • Trim around the entire suit is now dark metallic blue with light metallic blue accents instead of the of the metallic graphite color of MoS. It's also a bit thinner. EDIT: Gauntlets are thinner, dark metallic blue with the lighter metallic blue accents like the rest of the trim and have kryptonian writing at the wrist.
  • Cape has been changed from velvet type material to a patterned/textured fabric that's also a little more red
  • The "belt" was changed from a circle that had the chainmail pattern to a square that has the \S/
  • Lastly - since you asked about the differences- the crotch is a little more defined in the BvS/JL suits vs MoS :LOL:
I believe that's everything

Many thanks both. 👍🏻

Thanks for the pictures. Based on those alone, I like the MOS suit best.

But this figure will be the BvS suit, right?
Yup, based on the teaser, the InArt will be BvS

MoS is my favorite of Cavill's suits as well. Too bad the only high end items we have to choose from are the original HT, Sideshow's PF and the 1:1 bust from QS. I asked QS if they'd consider making a 1/4 or 1/3 MoS Statue and they said "Stay Tuned," but that seems to be like their blanket reply when anyone asks for anything :lol

Last edited:
MoS definitely my preferred one also but cannot wait to see this.
Same, still excited to see it and will more than likely buy it. The BvS/JL suit design looks to be the more preferred look for most ppl it seems though. I've grown to like it more over the years ever since I actually got to see it in person and examine it for a bit and not behind glass. Which is why I might sound like a bit of snob when it comes to his suits and their details though I try not to :LOL:

Last edited:
Same, still excited to see it and will more than likely buy it. The BvS/JL suit design seems to be the more preferred look for most ppl it seems though. I've grown to like it more over the years ever since I actually got to see it in person and examine it for a bit and not behind glass. Which is why I might sound like a bit of snob when it comes to his suits though I try not to :LOL:

That’s very cool man!

Better look...can already see stitching at the top of the boots.

View attachment 644451
Thanks for this :hi5: Stitching detail appears to just be part of the screen print but still nice that they went that far too included.

I know it's inevitable, but not really liking being able to really clearly see the shape of the knee joint

Very exciting!
Cavill, for me, is the perfect looking Superman, like he stepped straight from the comic page, its a pity he never was given a story to really showcase himself in the role.

I recently sold my BVS Superman so a part of me thinks I should refrain replacing him with this.... but honestly if I could have only one figure from the DCEU trinity it would be him, and considering I have ordered every other Inart figure so far I don't like my chances of resisting temptation.

I don’t think Gunn realised how big a mistake it was to get rid of Cavill.

Ao atoked to have BvS Supes being made by inart !!

Going by the reaction in here it’ll be a no brainer for InArt to also do Batfleck and Wonderwoman.
Can't wait to see Gunn's Superman flop. I'll just enjoy the process. He has no idea,what he did :)

Back