IM3 suits - Everything we know so far...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just might have to set up a new photo of my son's face, so I can Photoshop him into that poster like I did with the Avengers poster. In fact, with all of this talk of RDJr's contract running out soon, maybe I can put my Son's name on the list of potential replacements....?

540642_10150851004239460_393988084_n.jpg

I just cant imagine them trying to fit in all these suit into a 2+hour story. its going to be really cool or really unrelating because going thru the movie the audience wont have much time to, "bond" with one character if another comes to scene shortly there after. iono looking to much into this, i suppose :) I suspect we'll get glimpse of all the suite and maybe a huge fight with them all, remote control, like in IM2.. but the main suites would be 42 and Iron Patriot.

I'm wondering if that information posted earlier about all those suits is legitimate. It sounded like the real deal. I'm really pulling for a Rescue suit to appear in the movie. I'm thinking it would be a very unusual and unique piece.

From a user on I09 regarding the after credit scene. It seems to make sense revolving the deep space suit.

"I was informed earlier today of some of the key plot points of the movie, by someone supposedly involved in production. It all sounded pretty believable to me and matched up with some of the various spoilers we've received via things like toys. He also went over the armors listed here. But of particular interest to me was this:

SPOILER WARNING :pigfly:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That sounds awesome, hopefully it's not too good to be true.

As for all the armors, if true it'll be great to see onscreen but I think I made the right financial decision by deciding to stick to the first movie & Avengers for HT figures so if a new Mark III gets thrown into the mix I'll essentially be done.

From a user on I09 regarding the after credit scene. It seems to make sense revolving the deep space suit.

"I was informed earlier today of some of the key plot points of the movie, by someone supposedly involved in production. It all sounded pretty believable to me and matched up with some of the various spoilers we've received via things like toys. He also went over the armors listed here. But of particular interest to me was this:

SPOILER WARNING :pigfly:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That would be perfect. Iron Man would be in GotG for just a cameo then :pray: :pray:

I particularly like this one
2lvjus1.jpg

my fave too, i'd probably buy that one.

I just cant imagine them trying to fit in all these suit into a 2+hour story. its going to be really cool or really unrelating because going thru the movie the audience wont have much time to, "bond" with one character if another comes to scene shortly there after. iono looking to much into this, i suppose :) I suspect we'll get glimpse of all the suite and maybe a huge fight with them all, remote control, like in IM2.. but the main suites would be 42 and Iron Patriot.

Since RDJ is leaving the character this might be the last for a good bit, so they're cramming in as much as poosible

The poster look fantastic. :rock Will be getting all the armors as long as HT puts them all out.

You're funny, no one in their right mind would buy them all, it'll cost a fortune

Last edited:
Since RDJ is leaving the character this might be the last for a good bit, so they'r

Why would RDJ leave? wants to avoid being typecasted? pffft, when i saw sherlock i was like, this would be so much cooler if he could just jump in a mark IV and go catch the bad guys.

... Any ways, going back to the armors, I have my hopes up, but it might be doubtful, Who would want a Suite for Ms Potts? I DO !!!!!!

Rescue_2.png

Why would RDJ leave? wants to avoid being typecasted? pffft, when i saw sherlock i was like, this would be so much cooler if he could just jump in a mark IV and go catch the bad guys.

... Any ways, going back to the armors, I have my hopes up, but it might be doubtful, Who would want a Suite for Ms Potts? I DO !!!!!!

Rescue_2.png

I saw the interview. He's not leaving yet. His contract is up after IM3 and the question was posed whether he would leave. He basically said it would come down to a business decision. He got paid $50M to be in the Avengers and FOX studios seems to be considering whether he is still worth it. One of the studio executives said that if he left, they wouldn't stop making IM movies, but instead would "James Bond" him (meaning they would hire someone else to play the character).

IMO, they will keep him. They have to know by now that RDJ IS Tony Stark. You can recast him but no one will ever replace his personality as Tony Stark. I can't even see a picture of him without seeing him as Tony Stark.

He doesn't want to leave. He loves the character and I think they will pay him to keep him for at least until Phase 3 of Avengers. Would be kinda off setting to have a recast of Tony by the time Avengers 3 comes out. Would throw a lot of people off.

I foresee an Ashton Kutcher replacing Charlie Sheen backlash if they recast. Same with recasting Wolverine.

He can't play Stark forever, and despite what the producers say there will come a point when the ACU will need a reboot.

I foresee an Ashton Kutcher replacing Charlie Sheen backlash if they recast. Same with recasting Wolverine.

He can't play Stark forever, and despite what the roducers say there will come a point when the ACU will need a reboot.

Oh, don't get me wrong. He's already aging. Like many characters, they will have to recast sooner or later but I see them at least trying to hold onto him until they milk him dry. They know IM is their money line and they know RDJ is the actor behind it. They can recast him, sure, but it won't hold the magic it does now.

I see him being with us as Tony until Avengers 3 and IM4. After that they will probably recast him and the IM hype might die down a bit depending on who they pick.

Wolverine I think is a more easy role to recast. I love Hugh as Wolverine. He gives the role his all but there are a handful of actors out there that can also pull it off.

The inherant problem with recasting Tony is that they aren't REBOOTING him. So its not a natural jumping off point. And to be honest RDJ is RDJ. Its not like his style is common. Only he can really pull that kind of thing off. Imagine how different a character he'd be if Tom Cruise, intiially rumored to play the part, had the role.

The inherant problem with recasting Tony is that they aren't REBOOTING him. So its not a natural jumping off point. And to be honest RDJ is RDJ. Its not like his style is common. Only he can really pull that kind of thing off. Imagine how different a character he'd be if Tom Cruise, intiially rumored to play the part, had the role.

That's why I said it would be different if they recast him 3/4 into the Avengers phase. I'm betting they'll keep him for Avengers 3 and then looking around for someone else after.

IMO, they will keep him. They have to know by now that RDJ IS Tony Stark. You can recast him but no one will ever replace his personality as Tony Stark. I can't even see a picture of him without seeing him as Tony Stark.

He doesn't want to leave. He loves the character and I think they will pay him to keep him for at least until Phase 3 of Avengers. Would be kinda off setting to have a recast of Tony by the time Avengers 3 comes out. Would throw a lot of people off.

I hope they keep him, too - he is a great Tony Stark. The problem is if he decides to get too greedy. They paid him $50M for the Avengers and, yeah, Avengers is the highest grossing film of all time ($1B), but if the numbers start to shift and he asks for $100M, then they'll have to cast someone else. That being said, I don't think he'll get too greedy - IM is the primary reason why his career has been revived.

Also, this is probably what people were saying about Sean Connery in 1967 after his 5th Bond film. "He'll never leave." And then he left and they re-cast Bond as George Lazenby, who left, and then SC came back, and then he left again and they had to cast Roger Moore. It'd be like RDJ leaving after The Avengers 2 (5th Appearance as Iron Man), casting Ryan Gosling for IM 4, bringing RDJ back for The Avengers 3, and then going with Colin Farrel for IM 5 through 12!

I hope they keep him, too - he is a great Tony Stark. The problem is if he decides to get too greedy. They paid him $50M for the Avengers and, yeah, Avengers is the highest grossing film of all time ($1B), but if the numbers start to shift and he asks for $100M, then they'll have to cast someone else. That being said, I don't think he'll get too greedy - IM is the primary reason why his career has been revived.

Also, this is probably what people were saying about Sean Connery in 1967 after his 5th Bond film. "He'll never leave." And then he left and they re-cast Bond as George Lazenby, who left, and then SC came back, and then he left again and they had to cast Roger Moore. It'd be like RDJ leaving after The Avengers 2 (5th Appearance as Iron Man), casting Ryan Gosling for IM 4, bringing RDJ back for The Avengers 3, and then going with Colin Farrel for IM 5 through 12!
Oh god don't jinx it *knocks on wood*

I don't see him becoming greedy as well. This is his highlight of his career. He loves his role and I'm sure he's going to be willing to work out a deal.

If I was him, I wouldn't really care what they paid me or be greedy at all. I can't imagine the amount of money he already has. Why ask for more when you're making 50m from one movie flick alone?

Back