Ikea Stuva System

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry only seen this now. There are a lot of different doors you can choose from to.

image.jpg

Sorry my late pic

You can see Stuva is well fit 48cm depth statue and capable using besta's glass door.

does anyone know if the Besta legs will fit the Stuva cabinets? The besta legs seem much sturdier.

No it's a full length Stuva shelf turned on its side. They didn't have any doors that were the height I wanted so I did this instead. If you put a shelf at the bottom resting on the floor of the cabinet, the other shelf turned on its side then rests between that and the first shelf from the bottom with the statues on. The sides hold it in place and you can just pull it out if you want access. I actually did the same thing on all of my Besta cabinets (Stuva shelves as doors) also, see below...I think it looks pretty good.

It won't match up if you have glass doors for where the statues are but unless they start doing full length glass doors I'm leaving it open. Coping with dust is better than cramming statues into small glass doors so that you can't see them properly, in my opinion.

View attachment 186147

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum site, but have been searching all over the place for good cheap display cases for a couple of statues I've purchased. I also have the Wonder Woman statue pictured here, but I just wanted to get a better understanding of what you bought and did, because this image looks wonderful.

So you bought this Stuva stand (STUVA Frame - IKEA), but you didn't put any door on it? Is this one the right one also because it didn't look wide enough like yours since she's got the spear mostly horizontal. And again your cabinet is just open with no glass door? Do they not make a door for this for displaying it?

I appreciate the help in advance if anyone knows.

Hi aphonia

Sorry mate, didn't see this until today.

That picture actually shows Besta units, the Stuva (same but 10cm deeper) are the two I posted on the first page.

This frame

BESTÅ Frame - walnut effect light gray - IKEA

These shelves

BESTÅ Shelf - black-brown - IKEA

And this Stuva shelf turned on its side at the bottom.

STUVA GRUNDLIG Shelf - 22x10 1/4 " - IKEA

Yes you can have glass doors but they have a frame and can restrict viewing unless you have smaller statues and only look straight on at the cabinets so I don't personally like them. I have no doors other than the makeshift Stuva shelf used as a door at the bottom. This allowed me to have the shelves at the exact height I wanted. Popular door here, as shown in john's picture on the previous page.

GLASSVIK Glass door - black/smoked glass - IKEA

You also need to buy the hinges separatley.

Wonder Woman fits in the Besta/Stuva fine, regardless of the angle of the spear.

If you want to buy the Stuva frame, the one you linked to was not as tall, the one in my 1st page photos is this one.

STUVA Frame - IKEA

Whether you get Besta or Stuva depends mainly on the depth you want. Statues like hulk don't fit in a Besta (unless turned sideways) and need the extra depth. Other than that the doors fit on both as they are the same cabinet in all but depth.

(Ignore what the links say about colour, they all link to white, not sure why the links read differently).

I feel like the Stuva is an underrated system. I have a besta and two full size paxs. I'll be downsizing my Paxs and will likely get the stuva for the depth alone. My only concern is the color limitation. I think I'll put black doors on a stuva.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a STUVA frame with some shelves.
My question is from where I can buy a frameless glass door for it?

Thanks.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a STUVA frame with some shelves.
My question is from where I can buy a frameless glass door for it?

Thanks.

You can't anymore. You either have to have one made or make it yourself. The tombo door was the only frameless one from IKEA but they stopped making it. Maybe look on ebay and see if someone is selling any.

I feel like the Stuva is an underrated system. I have a besta and two full size paxs. I'll be downsizing my Paxs and will likely get the stuva for the depth alone. My only concern is the color limitation. I think I'll put black doors on a stuva.
My problem is, I need the size of a Stuva (not bigger) but in black. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Does anyone know if the shade of white for the STUVA is the same white as the old (white) Bestas?

You can put Glassvik doors on these, correct? Always good to check. IKEA still confuses me sometimes. :lol

Last edited:
I am sure you have sorted this by now. But same shade white and any besta door will fit.

Back