Ikea Stuva System

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably a longshot but if anyone has some spare white Stuva frames in the deeper style (article no. 301.281.77), I would love to buy some. I guess they were just recently discontinued this year.

I am trying to get ahold of the IKEA nearest me to find out if they have any left in the store, but it's been impossible so far!

greatwall.jpg

Stuva with Besta "Vassbo" doors.

disp2.jpg
harlz3.jpg

Stuva with custom full length doors.

Thanks! I only have one of those pieces now. It's all changed :lol

Also. Where did you get those doors made

show some pics of your setup with the changes when you get a chance laudel7.

Doors were made by a local carpenter / cabinet maker guy here in Australia.
(interesting bit of info - I tried 4 carpenters before finding one who wanted to do it - I guess they can be busy).

These look great. Do you mind me asking how much these cost to make? I would like to do something similar with a besta...
Thank you for the compliment neb.
You could definitely do similar with a besta (same exact size).

I supplied the door handles and hinges, cabinet maker did everything else $500.00 AUD per door ($2000.00 AUD or $1571.00 USD for 4 doors).
These doors are very solid and heavy wood with very thick acrylic full length sheets and have all been painted in "special" Water-Based Enamel which lasts for ever and does not yellow, etc.

These were not cheap, but I am glad I did it, and will most likely do something similar in the future again when space is needed.
I wanted these doors to match / fit in with my existing Besta doors and I am very happy with how it all looks.

Thank you for the compliment neb.
You could definitely do similar with a besta (same exact size).

I supplied the door handles and hinges, cabinet maker did everything else $500.00 AUD per door ($2000.00 AUD or $1571.00 USD for 4 doors).
These doors are very solid and heavy wood with very thick acrylic full length sheets and have all been painted in "special" Water-Based Enamel which lasts for ever and does not yellow, etc.

These were not cheap, but I am glad I did it, and will most likely do something similar in the future again when space is needed.
I wanted these doors to match / fit in with my existing Besta doors and I am very happy with how it all looks.

Definitely seems worth the price for me! I always figure if you're going to get something that's going to last a long time, might as well go for the best quality =)
I'd like to do something similar but I'm not even sure how to go about finding someone to do that in my area. I live in the US. Not sure there's any custom cabinet makers near my area lol

Looking to buy the smaller frame one thats about 50" tall. Going to put the Prime 1 Geralt on top and then buy a shelf and place the tweeterhead Batman/joker beneath. I assume the top of the cabinet can hold a big prime 1 statue?

Also does anyone know how much weight one shelf can hold safely?

Reading some of the reviews on IKEAs site they are saying that pieces are plastic which has me concerned.

Also does anyone know how much weight one shelf can hold safely?

Reading some of the reviews on IKEAs site they are saying that pieces are plastic which has me concerned.

Shelves are solid wood/particleboard with metal brackets underneath and a small plastic piece on top to prevent tipping. Not sure on weight limit.

wow that set up is super clean... i stumbled across here looking for some stuva assistance and i got it... BTW those half shelves in there are those the 6" deep besta shelves???

wow that set up is super clean... i stumbled across here looking for some stuva assistance and i got it... BTW those half shelves in there are those the 6" deep besta shelves???

Thank you! ^_^

They are actually Stuva shelves (10" depth). If you go the link below you can select either the full length shelf or the slightly over half shelf instead from the drop down. I really dig the extra depth of the Stuva shelves for displaying my 1/6 stuff.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00128697/

Thank you! ^_^

They are actually Stuva shelves (10" depth). If you go the link below you can select either the full length shelf or the slightly over half shelf instead from the drop down. I really dig the extra depth of the Stuva shelves for displaying my 1/6 stuff.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00128697/
Ahhh I didn't notice that... Thanks... And that's a good idea to get some different heights in your stuva... I'm definitely going to do that

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I know someone on here wanted to get the stuva with black doors... I got the black legs to go with it as well... I'm happy
fbe970aaaa6a8611e18948c3566737a9.jpg
64d89509dd48e4f72d5e2558561e8dee.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Back