I need Ultraviolet figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killbeggar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw Ultraviolet Friday night and loved it. The character design and costuming are ultracool and would make a great line. Plus Milla Jovovich running around in skintight leather is quite possibly the best idea ever, in either 1/1 or 1/6th scale. :naughty
Just about every character in the film would make a "Holy Crap! That's cool!" figure. Especially the soldiers and, of course, Violet herself.
The movie itself is great and is based on a comic book that doesn't exist yet. :confused: If you like over the top action badass assassin chicks (and Milla Jovovich in tight leather) this movie is perfect for you. :D

EVILFACE said:
...Milla Jovovich in tight leather > Kate Beckinsale in tight leather.

What are you some kind of crazy person? :thwak

And like Underworld, Ultraviolet sucked.

Well I haven't seen Ultraviolet so I can't speak about that but Underworld definitely didn't suck. :cuss

I thought Ultraviolet was pretty crummy, but loved Underworld 2. I was so-so on the first Underworld.

I'd buy figures of either. Ultraviolet might have more figure possibilities though, with all those cool futuristic troops to do. Underworld license would just be Selene, probably.

bluesparrow said:
...Underworld license would just be Selene, probably.

I really hate to hijack Killbeggar's Ultraviolet thread but one last comment. There are many Underworld possibilities including, Selene, Lucian, Michael, William, Viktor and Markus. Plus secondary character like Kraven, Alexander, Armored Amelia, Tanis. And for the record, I would buy all of them! :rock

Ultraviolet wasn't as good as Aeon Flux or Catwoman but was about equal with Equilibrium.

But I love Milla despite her less than stellar taste in scripts, so bring on Milla in tight leather. (Kate too!)

Darklord Dave said:
Ultraviolet wasn't as good as Aeon Flux or Catwoman but was about equal with Equilibrium.

But I love Milla despite her less than stellar taste in scripts, so bring on Milla in tight leather. (Kate too!)

Thank you Dave for mentioning Aeon Flux, I feared Charlize Theron would have been forgotten in the list of "girls in tight suites". (I don't have to choose a favorite from the list, do I?)

Darklord Dave said:
Ultraviolet wasn't as good as Aeon Flux or Catwoman
wow. for me thats saying a lot. Ultraviolet must really blow then, cause Catwoman is 1 of 2 movies I couldn't finish watching out of my entire life (excluding all chick flix). The other would be The Crow3. I can usually tolerate any movie, but those 2 were so bad I had to end them early.
.. and I thought that UV looked promising. :confused:

yeah, Catwoman took bad to new levels....that catnip scene turns my stomach just thinking about it...and those big dumb "cat ears"...uggh

Darklord Dave said:

LOVE to see that on a commerical.

"If you didn't mind Aoen Flux you might like Ultraviolet!"

There's something about the trailer for Ultraviolet that made me want to avoid the film.
I usually like all Sci-Fi, good and bad but this just looks like something so over stylized it made me ill. Guys turning into balls makes no sense whatsoever. Why would you want soldiers that can change into balls? And I'm sure I'm not the only person sick of people sword fighting in the future, they have guns why do they have any need for swords? The movie looks way over stylized and too clean.
Maybe it just had a bad trailer and it's better then I think ?
I watched the Ultraviolet director's film Equilibrium for the first time yesterday, and it was okay. It took the story from the much superior THX-1138 and placed Christian Bale in it fighting with guns and swords against an oppressive government. It's only saving grace is the Gun kata. Bale gave a great performance as usual but i don't expect the same from Miss Jovovich.

I think Uderworld would have some great figs but none of them would wow me (except Kate) as much as the future soldiers in Ultraviolet would. The costumes ifor the military types just blew me away.
As for the quality of the movie I thought it was great but I was looking for loud noises and lots of dead people killed in amusing ways. It delivered. Sometimes I need to leave my brain at home and fill the cavity with popcorn and images of Milla in tight leather. YMMV :D

Darklord Dave said:

You really think CATWOMAN was better than Equilibrium???? :google

As far as skintightleather premium formats go, my votes is still on Selene.

Killbeggar said:
...As for the quality of the movie I thought it was great but I was looking for loud noises and lots of dead people killed in amusing ways. It delivered...

I like the way you think! :clap

Back