Which Civil War figures did you end up getting or preordeing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am at full detolf capacity :lol
:panic: :panic: :panic:

8qaPnt.gif

:lol

I have 46 on preorder. Thank God for the long flex pay schedule that allows me to have small monthly payments.

Probably just CW BW or doctor strange. Got one more payment on HB. Got WM mk1 on PO. I have IM mk 3, heartbreaker, cap aou, hawkeye aou, hulk avengers, thor tdw, falcon WS. Gonna wait for a better version of vision, BP & antman. Might get IM mk 6 just to pair with wm but I do like the mk 46.

My goal is to get a team of Avengers that I think look the best, doesn't matter what movie they are from. With the exception of Cap (3 Cap figs) and Iron Man (3 IM figs.) I only want one version. I have armored arms Thor from TDW, Civil War Hawkeye, IM MK 7, IM MK 43, Ant Man and Civil War Cap, Avengers Cap and AoU Cap.

I would like to finish out my Avengers team with a Vision but I love the Civil War Falcon and Bucky so I will probably get those as well. After that I only need a Spider-Man and then I'm done with my Hot Toys super hero collection.

I wish I could say I was the same, as it's definitely more pragmatic and saves money and space.

However, the completionist in me won't let me. If I have an Avengers team (or any team), the consistency of having it all be from the same film appeals to me and I have that in AoU. I'm also in a quandary with Falcon. I only want one representation of him and I think his CW look is his best look thus far, but I already know I'm not going to get the entire CW line and selling off my TWS Falcon means my TWS line will be compromised by not having the entire line anymore and I also love the way TWS Falcon looks with GA Cap and TWS. I also don't think there's really a market for him at the moment.

If I were just going to have an unbiased, bare bones CW display to actually represent the film without picking and choosing for various reasons (favorite representations, favorite characters, etc.) I think the only three that really need to be acquired is a Cap figure, Mk 46 and Bucky. Sure there was a team Cap and a team Iron Man, but I personally think that was played up a bit more leading up to the film than what it really turned out to be in the film based on the plot. The film was really centered around the drama of those three.

That's how it is for me too. :lol

I bought an extra detolf, but that's unfortunately the last one I have room for. I have some room left in that one and also some extra space in a curio after moving things around but that's going to get filled quickly, so I have to start being more selective and judicious on what I get. I'm unfortunately going to have to put to bed my A1 display in order to make room for the Blitzway Ghostbusters. I still have Deadshot and Harley Quinn coming from SS, and I know I'm going to want to assemble a JL team in the future also.

If I have an Avengers team (or any team), the consistency of having it all be from the same film appeals to me and I have that in AoU. I'm also in a quandary with Falcon. I only want one representation of him and I think his CW look is his best look thus far, but I already know I'm not going to get the entire CW line and selling off my TWS Falcon means my TWS line will be compromised by not having the entire line anymore and I also love the way TWS Falcon looks with GA Cap and TWS. I also don't think there's really a market for him at the moment.

I could be wrong but I think CW Falcon looks pretty much the same as he does at the end of AOU (and Ant-Man), so I think he would fit nicely with the AOU group. I think it especially works if you have New Avengers Scarlet Witch from AOU, representing those members of the team at the end. My point is Falcon's look in CW works with how he looks in AOU too.

I could be wrong but I think CW Falcon looks pretty much the same as he does at the end of AOU (and Ant-Man), so I think he would fit nicely with the AOU group. I think it especially works if you have New Avengers Scarlet Witch from AOU, representing those members of the team at the end. My point is Falcon's look in CW works with how he looks in AOU too.

You're right, it would. I've thought it would be cool to make a "New Avengers" team by having NA SW, Vision, Falcon and WM. I don't think I've seen anyone post a picture yet of that team assembled.

Widow, Scarlet, 46, Cap BV.

actually i didn't pre-order any since I can get them cheaper after release. I try to be frugal as **** with HT. A few $20-$50 here and there for every figure means hundreds in savings for even more figures.

except Cap BV of course, got mine after waitlisting.

Last edited:
You're right, it would. I've thought it would be cool to make a "New Avengers" team by having NA SW, Vision, Falcon and WM. I don't think I've seen anyone post a picture yet of that team assembled.

I'll have the "New Avengers" team once CW Falcon ships, though I am thinking of selling my WM Mk2 if my waitlist on the WM Mk3 converts. But either way, I think an AOU display with both the old and "new" team together, or near one another, would be great as they all are in the same movie.

I'll have the "New Avengers" team once CW Falcon ships, though I am thinking of selling my WM Mk2 if my waitlist on the WM Mk3 converts. But either way, I think an AOU display with both the old and "new" team together, or near one another, would be great as they all are in the same movie.

Indeed it would. I agree.

Scarlet Witch only. Just to complete a triple set of Scarlet Witches. I'm not interested in reproducing my AoU display with a Civil War one..

Which WM MkII and how much?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just Captain and Mark XLVI, to have a basic representation of the main conflict. I'm new enough to this that I didn't want to go all-in on a set so early into the hobby, despite loving the crap out of the movie and all the character depictions. Was going to jump on War Machine also but his unexpected waitlisting made me decide it was a sign from higher powers to save the $350 for a rainy day. :monkey3

Black Panther and Falcon. And why is there not a Spider-Man figure? I would get a Crossbones if they released him.

I'll be getting Black Widow and Hawkeye. I like CW Hawkeye's outfit the best, and I feel like they finally got pretty close to Scarlett with the BW sculpt. I might pick up Falcon too, but it'll have to be next year. I'm full-up on preorders right now :lol

(I want Ant-Man too, but I'm trying really hard to keep it to one Hot Toy per character. Hopefully I'll resist!)

War Machine and Black Widow. Already have a Cap, Antman and MK 43. I missed out on the first Winter Soldier and don't really like this one. I have no intention of ever getting Hawkeye or Scarlet Witch. I'll wait for the Black Panther film and hope for a "phasing" Vision in the future. Would get a Crossbones.

Mk46 and Widow myself. In the case of Widow it was the in hand pictures of the headsculpt that did it, it finally looks the part!

I'm tempted by Black Panther, the suit looks great, but the lack of headsculpt and the overly thick detailing is meaning I'll wait and see there. And I really want to pick up Rhodey at some point, but... Far too much money is going to figures already. I'm afraid I've got no interest in most of the rest of the line-up, not a fan of MCU Wanda or Scott, and Hawkeye still hasn't had enough screen time to judge beyond Whedon's strange decisions wrt his family situation. I may change my mind come the next ensemble film but until then I'm safe from most of the team!

(Very much looking forward to being able to have the "Awesome Facial Hair Bros" on a shelf together though.)

Originally was waiting for an updated Ant-Man with a possible separate Paul Rudd sculpt, which was what we got.
But then the sculpt wasn't spectacular (too much Affleck in it), and I just don't like the suit in general. So went back and got the first Ant-Man.

Was also waiting for an improved Vision, but that doesn't look like its coming out, and the AOU version is at a pretty low price so might just get that instead.

Waiting for a new Black Panther from his own movie so i'll pass on the CW as well. Apart from Winter Soldier and Falcon, I have other versions of the previous so no itch for an upgrade.

Ended up ordering MK46 only. My last "RED" Ironman was the original MK 3, so I've been due for an upgrade !

Only Cap so far. Falcon is next, would have him pre ordered on flex, but SS has it set to only two payments, so gunna have to wait a bit. Hope to maybe pick up Hawkeye too, but not sure if that's gunna be possible.

Back