I GOT MY Tatooine Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be. But if the price for those figures ends up as high as some people have speculated, then I'm not so sure the resurgence will happen. At least not to the same interest level that the line has seen in the past.

I admit that I am surprised that Smuggler Han hasn't sold out. This was (I thought) one of the most anticipated figures in quite a while.

True. Only time will tell. Hopefully this line won't end before they get to those characters.

I'm surprised too with Han. I guess the fact that people have one already must have made an impact... that and the price increase, although it seems minimal ($10, you can't even have lunch for that) when you compare it to HT Pirates prices and Aliens and Predators. SS SW still seems like a bargain, and that's not to compare quality to price.

soua0.jpg

Looks like they jumped the gun a bit there, huh? I'm still on the PPO page.

My view the reason it didn't sell out faster is basically threefold

1) Over 6000 people already have a SSC Han. This despite the fact there are few new Characters being made, like Lando, just mostly dupes...

2) Secondary market value is dropping for these Figs. I doubt that will be the case with Ben based on the Quality of the fig.

3) The proto paint apps take away from the Sculpt IMO. I honestly think they would have sold out faster if they displayed it with an unpainted Trevor sculpt.

If the factory paint apps compliment the amazing sculpt as was the case with Ben, this will hold its value and become the definitive Han to own.

Last edited:
I agree.

And a lot of people got ticked off with paint apps over time, starting with Anakin and ending most recently with Yakin Luke.

Many of us here have the wherewithall and connections to have these repainted to our liking. A lot of people out there do not...

I just called Sideshow to see if there was a glitch in the PPO. No glitch. And it sounds like at least one of them (the one I talked to) is a little surprised that they are not sold out yet as well.

And it sounds like at least one of them (the one I talked to) is a little surprised that they are not sold out yet as well.

I guess we also have to take into consideration that it's the holidays... and a lot of SS stuff has shipped in the last few weeks. Maybe people are just running out of money. I know you don't have to pay now for Han, but still, people might just be avoiding additional future spending right now.

Just look at these:

Still think that ?

Yes. You missed my point. It is a duplicate Character fig and most people already shelled out for a Han, whether they loved it or not...

If it was an orginal Release of Han, it would have sold out in 25 minutes, maybe, if my other point about proto paints is valid. LOL.

If it was an orginal Release of Han, it would have sold out in 25 minutes, maybe, if my other point about proto paints is valid. LOL.

I totally agree on the proto paint issue. I don't think the paint should reflect how it should look in production, but rather what it could be if painted correctly. Plus, it would help it sell faster as well. But, that is just my opinion.

Take Jedi Luke as an example. Proto paint was ASTOUNDING, but the production item was vastly different looking. I wasn't upset about that at all. Same with Anakin too... I just think it works better. Lets you know
how great it could be. :D

Still no sell-out!

This might be a big message to SS. It may greatly effect the number of repeat characters we see in the future.

Maybe now they'll get going on stuff we really want to see... Vader, Fett, Troopers, Droids...

I totally agree on the proto paint issue. I don't think the paint should reflect how it should look in production, but rather what it could be if painted correctly. Plus, it would help it sell faster as well. But, that is just my opinion.

Take Jedi Luke as an example. Proto paint was ASTOUNDING, but the production item was vastly different looking. I wasn't upset about that at all. Same with Anakin too... I just think it works better. Lets you know
how great it could be. :D

So, you are saying that Sideshow should mislead their customers? Or should they post a disclaimer saying "This is how good your figure could look if you pay (or happen to be an artist) to repaint your figure that you shelled out 65.00 bucks for online, but your figure will dramatically look different or worse." :monkey3

I don't it being the holidays or being another Han is the issue. I think consumers are getting tired of quality control issues with their figures. The price increase is an issue, but not the biggest issue. Collectors had a problem with McFarlane with their quality control, and people stopped buying them like they used to, and that was a much cheaper price point.

If you look at price and reissuing characters, they are selling the mess out of Wolverines at much higher price point. So I doubt that new characters will change collectors attitudes toward buying Star Wars 12" figures.

Brad

So, you are saying that Sideshow should mislead their customers? Or should they post a disclaimer saying "This is how good your figure could look if you pay (or happen to be an artist) to repaint your figure that you shelled out 65.00 bucks for online, but your figure will dramatically look different or worse." :monkey3

I don't it being the holidays or being another Han is the issue. I think consumers are getting tired of quality control issues with their figures. The price increase is an issue, but not the biggest issue. Collectors had a problem with McFarlane with their quality control, and people stopped buying them like they used to, and that was a much cheaper price point.

If you look at price and reissuing characters, they are selling the mess out of Wolverines at much higher price point. So I doubt that new characters will change collectors attitudes toward buying Star Wars 12" figures.

Brad

Personally I'm more than happy with every thing I've gotten and never had any major QC issues. And people saying "I can't pay this right now", you pay it six months from now. Now before I get jumped on, sure I'd like a better body but call me a Kool Aid drinker but I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting. I am not and never was really into 1/6, but SS and Star Wars got me into it and after sampling Medi and Hot Toys I can still say that I am more than pleased with SS and the Buck. An update would just be icing on the cake.

Still no sell-out!

This might be a big message to SS. It may greatly effect the number of repeat characters we see in the future.

Maybe now they'll get going on stuff we really want to see... Vader, Fett, Troopers, Droids...

Maybe some fans really don't need that cantina blaster and are getting their figures from places that charge less.

Personally I'm more than happy with every thing I've gotten and never had any major QC issues. And people saying "I can't pay this right now", you pay it six months from now. Now before I get jumped on, sure I'd like a better body but call me a Kool Aid drinker but I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting. I am not and never was really into 1/6, but SS and Star Wars got me into it and after sampling Medi and Hot Toys I can still say that I am more than pleased with SS and the Buck. An update would just be icing on the cake.

I agree with you about the holiday money issue, the money will not go for another six months. I am glad you haven't had any QC issues, but I think you are in the minority there. Unfortunately, everybody isn't like you and Josh. Sideshow does need to think about the fan base as a whole rather than listen to the vocal minority (both sides--The loyal fanboys or the Sideshow haters).

Brad

Thats exactly how I feel. This extra balster was of no interest to me (since up until 3 days ago I didn't even know Han had 2 blasters) and I see a lot of my early exclusives getting no out of box time. I think from now on I am only getting the WOW exclusives direct and I will get any other figs from someplace else.

I agree... I didn't order him. It's one of the first figures of the original trilogy that I didn't order during the PPO. The excluisve is not of interest to me and I know I will get the regular version WAY cheaper later. Sideshow has taught me the kind art of patience.

However, it would have been a different story if the exclusive offering was the Stormtrooper belt. I would have ordered him in a heartbeat. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Still no sell-out!

Maybe not repeat of characters but figure price point. Speaking for myself, I'm not a completeist to begin with because $50-$70 for one figure is tough to justify for me.

I'll never own a Medi or HT figure, that's just too much for my wallet, but when this line started I thought it was a good compromise on the Medi stuff for the price, so I jumped in.

If $65 is the new norm for SW figures though I'll be even more choosy that I have been.
As it is, there's only about 9 more figures I really want,
(Armored Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Chewie, Threepio, R2, Farmboy Luke, X-Wing Luke and maybe a Yoda), anything else I can readily pass on.

I agree with you about the holiday money issue, the money will not go for another six months. I am glad you haven't had any QC issues, but I think you are in the minority there. Unfortunately, everybody isn't like you and Josh. Sideshow does need to think about the fan base as a whole rather than listen to the vocal minority (both sides--The loyal fanboys or the Sideshow haters).

Brad

Here's my thoughts on that though. Those of us with no issues have less to talk about than those that have issues. I know Pix has said he rarely had QC issues. So it's not about being a fanboy or anything, I'm just pleased that I am getting awesome figures like I always wanted when I was a kid and seeing how beside these, select Hasbro figures, Muppets and maybe one or two other things.. that's all I really get. Maybe it's also that when it comes to toys, Im fairly easy to please if I like what I see.

Maybe SS should reconsider what makes something EXCLUSIVE.

Personally, I like Exclusive items that are must-haves (for me). Qui-Gon's PONCHO, Bespin Han's MYNOCK are among the ones I really liked.

I would like to see exclusive items be significant objects. I want to fight for it! I don't mean the exclusive should be all-important... but as a lot of people here have said, they would have bought this Solo if he came with the ST belt. It's not a killer if you don't get it, but if you do you basically have a different Han look.

Anyway, in my book it's simple -- Exclusives should be worth having. Otherwise it's like those dumb Hasbro coins, something just for the truly **** obsessive. I say that having gotten all the SW exclusives, mind you. :)

Maybe SS should reconsider what makes something EXCLUSIVE.

Personally, I like Exclusive items that are must-haves (for me). Qui-Gon's PONCHO, Bespin Han's MYNOCK are among the ones I really liked.

I would like to see exclusive items be significant objects. I want to fight for it! I don't mean the exclusive should be all-important... but as a lot of people here have said, they would have bought this Solo if he came with the ST belt. It's not a killer if you don't get it, but if you do you basically have a different Han look.

Anyway, in my book it's simple -- Exclusives should be worth having. Otherwise it's like those dumb Hasbro coins, something just for the truly **** obsessive. I say that having gotten all the SW exclusives, mind you. :)

Valid points. The exclusive you mentioned are well worth having, as was Obi wans gun. The cuffs, meh. I guess that some characters exclusives will be harder to determine than others.

Back