Hulkbuster Comiquette @ spooktacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hbvshk.jpg

I've been out of this thread but have been motioned to head to this thread so can someone nutshell all the ^^^^^ing for me so I don't have to read 40 pages. What is everyone's problem with this?

I've been out of this thread but have been motioned to head to this thread so can someone nutshell all the ^^^^^ing for me so I don't have to read 40 pages. What is everyone's problem with this?

Essentially two sets of debates, a Bowen vs. Sideshow quality of deco debate and a somewhat-related "How can Tony fit into that thing without being too scrunched up?" debate on the Hulkbuster suit's design, with some kind of weird tangent into some sort of drama involving statueforum that totally confused me.

i'll bet anything you'll WL will convert. now if it was a true PPO with the ES already set at a lower number, then i'd say no.

again i'll bet anything that since this sold out in less than 2 minutes the ES will depend greatly on how large the WL is and about 1/2 the WL will convert just with the extra large ES sideshow decides to attach to this one.

I sure hope so!
I need one EX!

Did you get an exclusive Mike?

i gots mine so no quadrupling quad on this one.:lol

don't forget about the arguement about if this will look proper along side hulk if this is 1/6 and hulk is 1/4:rolleyes:

i'm sure Mike is gathering steam to address all these points of contention and will set us all straight here shortly.:D

i gots mine so no quadrupling quad on this one.:lol

don't forget about the arguement about if this will look proper along side hulk if this is 1/6 and hulk is 1/4:rolleyes:

i'm sure Mike is gathering steam to address all these points of contention and will set us all straight here shortly.:D

Yes, a whole page's worth. Commence "I don't give a damn" feature in t-minus 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Essentially two sets of debates, a Bowen vs. Sideshow quality of deco debate and a somewhat-related "How can Tony fit into that thing without being too scrunched up?" debate on the Hulkbuster suit's design, with some kind of weird tangent into some sort of drama involving statueforum that totally confused me.

All right. *cracks knuckles.

First, this particular design of the Hulkbuster armor known as the Hulkbuster II was an Argonaut drone, which was a suit of armor that he could control without being in it in all reality. Its part of the Extremis transformation where Stark could command several armors at one time. The Argonauts were abused and destroyed before they ever could serve for good intentions. So the Stark head within it is actually not fully accurate.

Second, the way that these Hulkbuster suits worked is that they were heavy-duty exo-frames, add ons to the actual Iron Man suit, so Bowen's look of opening the "head" and showing the Iron Man standard head underneath is more accuratue. It was designed for maximum strength amplification at the cost of reduced versatility and mobility. He controlled it more like that suit, the feet were extensions that he used almost like a pedal format where he'd press the pedals in order to control leg movement, remember its not designed to be agile just to move forwards, backwards and jump, which leading thought was that he pressed both pedals at the same time. The arms were used similar to the other exoframes like the Power Loader for example where there were grips within the armframes for him to control, with the Extremis piece he could mentally control the arms but before that in the Modular idea which was Hulkbuster I, he would use standard arm movements to control them in general. Imagine the scene in Iron Man where RDJ is moving his hand around in the virtual piece and it moves, the suit was plugged into his standard suit so it mimics his general movements. Even in WWH, the new Buster was a exoskeleton that could mimic his movements.

The suit is completely different than the standard suit, so of course he looks smaller. He isn't spread across the entire suit, just the center panels. Although its said that since he was plugged in that damage to the extremities would be felt.

Bowen and Sideshow's differences are easy to explain, they are based off of conceptuals and two different showings, one in the book and one in the cover that is a Granov inference of the design. That isn't really all that surprising as Bowen has a tendancy to be closer to what you've seen in the books while Sideshow's designs are usually stylized.

Did you get an exclusive Mike?

Hell yeah I did. Order time on my email confirming my order: 17:00:00 which means for those of you who are noobs that I got mine at 10:00 AM on the dot. Then in chat I did a triumphant stance.

All right. *cracks knuckles.

First, this particular design of the Hulkbuster armor known as the Hulkbuster II was an Argonaut drone, which was a suit of armor that he could control without being in it in all reality. Its part of the Extremis transformation where Stark could command several armors at one time. The Argonauts were abused and destroyed before they ever could serve for good intentions. So the Stark head within it is actually not fully accurate.

Second, the way that these Hulkbuster suits worked is that they were heavy-duty exo-frames, add ons to the actual Iron Man suit, so Bowen's look of opening the "head" and showing the Iron Man standard head underneath is more accuratue. It was designed for maximum strength amplification at the cost of reduced versatility and mobility. He controlled it more like that suit, the feet were extensions that he used almost like a pedal format where he'd press the pedals in order to control leg movement, remember its not designed to be agile just to move forwards, backwards and jump, which leading thought was that he pressed both pedals at the same time. The arms were used similar to the other exoframes like the Power Loader for example where there were grips within the armframes for him to control, with the Extremis piece he could mentally control the arms but before that in the Modular idea which was Hulkbuster I, he would use standard arm movements to control them in general. Imagine the scene in Iron Man where RDJ is moving his hand around in the virtual piece and it moves, the suit was plugged into his standard suit so it mimics his general movements. Even in WWH, the new Buster was a exoskeleton that could mimic his movements.

The suit is completely different than the standard suit, so of course he looks smaller. He isn't spread across the entire suit, just the center panels. Although its said that since he was plugged in that damage to the extremities would be felt.

Bowen and Sideshow's differences are easy to explain, they are based off of conceptuals and two different showings, one in the book and one in the cover that is a Granov inference of the design. That isn't really all that surprising as Bowen has a tendancy to be closer to what you've seen in the books while Sideshow's designs are usually stylized.

that's exactly what i thought.:lol:lol

Oh yeah for Eli.

And I don't give a damn about what the scaling is if it matches up to the Hulk SSC piece like it should then it doesn't really goddamn matter about the size or scale because IT LOOKS RIGHT.

Done.

The Mike has spoken.....THE REAL TONY STARK IS A DWARF!:rock

:lol Not really. Iron Man (in suit) is listed at 6'6". The Savage Hulk is listed at 8'. In Hulkbuster they are the same height so, he has to make up both height and girth, hence the suit overlay.

Back