1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that Hot Toys Mark 43 Diecast?. Amazing pose.

It's actually a Kotobukiya 43 statue. I recall when I saw them go up for sale, the pose really sold me. He's a little undersized compared to a Hot Toys 1/6th figure, but harder to notice with just the massive Hulkbuster nearby. You can sort of notice it looking at the MK 4 there. I have a Hot Toys 43, but it's in an AoU display.

Actually found a nice looking custom made case on ebay specifically for the Hulkbuster. Lit top and bottom with an etched logo on the front glass. THEN the seller informs me the "factory" can only make it top lit. NO base at all... So now I might just make it myself. Hell the cost in acrylic alone is less than half the listing price was. Just 3d print the top and bottom and toss in some lights. Your displays look great. Would you mind, when ever you get a chance, taking measurements of where you put your hulk buster? Trying to get an idea of how big i might need to order acrylic.

Thanks.

A Besta cube is about 23" W x 25" H x 16" D. The bezel that goes around the glass door is a bit thick though, and since it sits on the ground, I can only see from the HB's eyes down. The pic was taken at ground level so you don't really notice it. My only gripe about them. I think they have a Besta case with a thin bezel on the door frame.

You could consider Sora in Germany. They make cases custom that you assemble yourself with a clever bolt system. I have a few of them you can see in the top picture. The DC display, DeLorean and AoU are Sora cases.

Thanks.

A Besta cube is about 23" W x 25" H x 16" D. The bezel that goes around the glass door is a bit thick though, and since it sits on the ground, I can only see from the HB's eyes down. The pic was taken at ground level so you don't really notice it. My only gripe about them. I think they have a Besta case with a thin bezel on the door frame.

You could consider Sora in Germany. They make cases custom that you assemble yourself with a clever bolt system. I have a few of them you can see in the top picture. The DC display, DeLorean and AoU are Sora cases.

Hmm. That means that this sucker would have been wider than I thought. Also heads up if anyone wants to buy that, the listing is misleading as hell. You won't get exactly as pictured. No design choice and only a lit lid.

I'm aiming to basically replicate that ebay listing and kinda a cross between that and the Legend Studios display cases. Hoping a 24"x24"x18" would give me room to get a decent pose and also to hold the pod that comes in the deluxe set. Guess best bet is to ust be patient and wait till I actually get it. Thanks for the info!

One last question, do you have the leds on your figures wired for wall power somehow or do you keep the batteries in. I keep mine out for fear of a burst battery. If its wired for wall power I'd love to know how.

One last question, do you have the leds on your figures wired for wall power somehow or do you keep the batteries in. I keep mine out for fear of a burst battery. If its wired for wall power I'd love to know how.

The HB has a Soap Reactor, which is a wired setup. I also have them on my 1/4 scale Iron Man figures.

I basically use tiny pieces of gaffers tape and pin them down the back of the figure, then zip tie them in a cluster as they get to the bottom. Looks a bit messy if you don't cluster them nice and even (the wires end up different lengths at the feet due to how they are all placed in differing locations), but I can hide most of it behind the base.

First pic was when I was working with support on an issue with lighting the base, and shows kind of what it looks like before it's tucked away.

e3KmvUx.jpg

8Ee5z68.jpg

It's actually a Kotobukiya 43 statue. I recall when I saw them go up for sale, the pose really sold me. He's a little undersized compared to a Hot Toys 1/6th figure, but harder to notice with just the massive Hulkbuster nearby. You can sort of notice it looking at the MK 4 there. I have a Hot Toys 43, but it's in an AoU display.

Thank you very much. It's difficult to replicate that pose with the Hot Toys figure. I try but it's not the same, haha. It's not easy to keep stability:

rexukgr.jpg

Is this the cornerstone of a lot of collectors collections? The best Hot Toy of all time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is the best hot toys figure of all time......:)

I respectfully disagree. I love it, but to be real, it should be considered a 1/6 Vehicle or diorama. Considering the limited poseability.
If they had stuck with the original design, where you could NOT fit a 1/6 figure inside, and the articulation was all there, then it would have been the greatest figure.

So I would say it's the greatest 1/6 vehicle that Hot Toys has made thus far...

Yes, it is the best hot toys figure of all time......:)

I respectfully disagree. I love it, but to be real, it should be considered a 1/6 Vehicle or diorama. Considering the limited poseability.
If they had stuck with the original design, where you could NOT fit a 1/6 figure inside, and the articulation was all there, then it would have been the greatest figure.

Well I don?t mind that it?s not overly articulated really. I don?t think I would put him in too many poses.

I just want to know since it?s quite an investment.

Is this the cornerstone of a lot of collectors collections? The best Hot Toy of all time?

I love it but i love iron man. I consider it the best Iron Man figure but there are some amazing Hot Toys figures out there so it is not the best overall.

I love it but i love iron man. I consider it the best Iron Man figure but there are some amazing Hot Toys figures out there so it is not the best overall.

No I love Iron Man too. I have MK3, 5, 6,7, 43, 46 and Starboost as well as WM MK 1,2 and 3.

The only other IM I?m getting is the B/D 85.

No I love Iron Man too. I have MK3, 5, 6,7, 43, 46 and Starboost as well as WM MK 1,2 and 3.

The only other IM I?m getting is the B/D 85.

No i mean i really love Iron Man figures i have over 40 of them and with pre orders it has to be getting close to 50 :lol

Ok, I've heard the Deluxe HT Hulk buster is different than the original release. Is this true? Did they update any joints or anything? To my knowledge, it was the same release with an extra arm and a pod bonus. Anyone have any info? I've heard some people imply updates, but others said that wasn't true.

Pretty sure it was exactly the same. There are Youtube videos out there on it I believe.

That reminds me I need to fit the deluxe arm sometime to change his look.

Back