1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7-263.png

Great shots TJ! Looking forward to some pics of the Mark 43 coming out of the HB. Haven't tried it myself, but if you're able to find good points of where to rest the Mark 43's feet to keep a safe/steady pose, then please be kind enough to share! :wink1:

Great shots TJ! Looking forward to some pics of the Mark 43 coming out of the HB. Haven't tried it myself, but if you're able to find good points of where to rest the Mark 43's feet to keep a safe/steady pose, then please be kind enough to share! :wink1:

Thanks so much and I will say that I've taken the 43 in and out towards 10 times just messing around and doing different shots and it pops in and out within seconds and closing it back up takes a while minute. No scratches or scuffs at all (the legs have the sleeves and the upper body isn't touching anything to even scratch it.)

I'm pretty nifty with the posing and balancing and I can't lie I've been thinking about how to get a partially in pose and make it unique. The biggest problem issue I'm seeing in theory is the height being so much that it might exceed the height of my shooting area so may have to have that particular shot just be in my collection room because damn.

Thanks so much and I will say that I've taken the 43 in and out towards 10 times just messing around and doing different shots and it pops in and out within seconds and closing it back up takes a while minute. No scratches or scuffs at all (the legs have the sleeves and the upper body isn't touching anything to even scratch it.)

I'm pretty nifty with the posing and balancing and I can't lie I've been thinking about how to get a partially in pose and make it unique. The biggest problem issue I'm seeing in theory is the height being so much that it might exceed the height of my shooting area so may have to have that particular shot just be in my collection room because damn.

That's comforting to hear! I may need to dig out my 43 from storage and play around with it this weekend.

Ah, I didn't put your set-up into consideration. It's true --- the HB is tall as hell on its own.

I know it's too much to ask for, but it would have been nice if this thing was capable of a kneeling pose or something similar. If so, I would definitely copy the pose from XM Studios' HB and leave my own like that forever lol.

xm studios hulkbuster 1.JPG

Dude the reason I stay away from statues is freedom to pose but I look at that and it's perfection in that aspect. If this HB could mimic that I'd do it asap and it'd be the last pose I put them in. Wow.

Dude the reason I stay away from statues is freedom to pose but I look at that and it's perfection in that aspect. If this HB could mimic that I'd do it asap and it'd be the last pose I put them in. Wow.

Yeah, I was never much of a statue guy myself but the XM HB was truly something different in my eyes. Perfection, as you say. The battle damage details, paint app, light up features... it's all so damn beautiful. However I ended up not going through with it though because it feels like it would be the first step down into a very expensive rabbit hole. Doing my best right now to avoid the statue related videos on youtube from SDCC this year :lol I don't want to be tempted...

Yeah, I was never much of a statue guy myself but the XM HB was truly something different in my eyes. Perfection, as you say. The battle damage details, paint app, light up features... it's all so damn beautiful. However I ended up not going through with it though because it feels like it would be the first step down into a very expensive rabbit hole. Doing my best right now to avoid the statue related videos on youtube from SDCC this year :lol I don't want to be tempted...

Honestly I'm lucky that my thirst for posing keeps me outside of jumping into statues because looks and size wise I could easily go nuts if not. And honestly I have a preference for the comic versions of most of these characters and that keeps me treading that line at times too. I wish I had local friends that collected them to at least see them in person to scratch that itch

4-295.png

I'm actually going to chill on sharing pics of this until I get the full article and gallery done. I've got a lot more stuff coming in this week so have to focus on getting video reviews done and the like.

Have the 2.0 release up on pre-order with sideshow. For the folks who have one, recommended display options? I have 4 Detolf cases but spacve is getting pretty tight and I'm no sure this would event fit. Was thinking of getting a dedicated case to put on top or on a shelf. If anyone has any links to places to buy one for a decent price I'd appreciate it.

I had mine on top of a set of 3 Detolfs for a while, but eventually moved him into a Besta that replaced my TV stand in my living room. Never had any issues when I had him on top of them, and it's not that bad to dust out of a case. Kind of enjoyed it when I did since you can sit and take in all the amazing details on it. I eventually moved him because I had plans to do an Infinity Gauntlet display in the space, not for any other reason. I live in Florida though, so no worries about earthquakes.

UBszSz9.jpg

8FOkS4Y.jpg

I had mine on top of a set of 3 Detolfs for a while, but eventually moved him into a Besta that replaced my TV stand in my living room. Never had any issues when I had him on top of them, and it's not that bad to dust out of a case. Kind of enjoyed it when I did since you can sit and take in all the amazing details on it. I eventually moved him because I had plans to do an Infinity Gauntlet display in the space, not for any other reason. I live in Florida though, so no worries about earthquakes.

View attachment 464320

View attachment 464321

Actually found a nice looking custom made case on ebay specifically for the Hulkbuster. Lit top and bottom with an etched logo on the front glass. THEN the seller informs me the "factory" can only make it top lit. NO base at all... So now I might just make it myself. Hell the cost in acrylic alone is less than half the listing price was. Just 3d print the top and bottom and toss in some lights. Your displays look great. Would you mind, when ever you get a chance, taking measurements of where you put your hulk buster? Trying to get an idea of how big i might need to order acrylic.

Back