HULK Vs SPIDEY PIC!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
I'm sure Andy would love to do a dio - but he needs to stay chained up in the portrait dungeon churning out SW and LotR likenesses (and Buffy too).

I second that. :D

Darklord Dave said:
I'm sure Andy would love to do a dio - but he needs to stay chained up in the portrait dungeon churning out SW and LotR likenesses (and Buffy too).
agreed. I think Sideshow has done a damn fine job of putting their talent exactly where it should be.

True...true...but that still doesnt change the fact that we'd like to see Andy do a dio sculpt!

like it but wont get it...

why ?

Cos I thought both the Hulk and the Spidey are good guys. Fighting each other makes no sense in my opinion (and i dont care if its consistent with a new comic storyline).
And dont get me started on the whole 'Batman versus Superman' bullsh1t...

I grew up with batman, superman, hulk and spidey being good guys and siding with all that is good.

Give me a goodie vs a baddie and I'll be all over it.
:banana

revilal said:
like it but wont get it...

why ?

Cos I thought both the Hulk and the Spidey are good guys. Fighting each other makes no sense in my opinion (and i dont care if its consistent with a new comic storyline).
And dont get me started on the whole 'Batman versus Superman' bullsh1t...

I grew up with batman, superman, hulk and spidey being good guys and siding with all that is good.

Give me a goodie vs a baddie and I'll be all over it.
:banana

You are kidding, right? 90% of the first team ups for any 2 characters start with a fight of some sort. The Hulk needs no excuse. He just goes on a rampage and somebody has to spar with him before he calms down.

SolidLiquidFox said:
You are kidding, right? 90% of the first team ups for any 2 characters start with a fight of some sort. The Hulk needs no excuse. He just goes on a rampage and somebody has to spar with him before he calms down.

Im not kidding... I hate the idea of hero's termed as goodies being represented as enemies to each other.

Though I can understand why Hulk would be beating up the first person in sight, so i suppose this situation could be excused.
Nevertheless, Hulk should have been pitched against one of his well-known enemies (if he has any) and Spidey against DocOptupus for example. IMO

My views on Batman versus Superman are exactly the same. what are yours ?

These heroes versus heroes will became truer then in the past soon, as Marvel Comics will be unleashing a major story arc in May, when the Marvel U. splits and goes into civil war...

Azog said:
These heroes versus heroes will became truer then in the past soon, as Marvel Comics will be unleashing a major story arc in May, when the Marvel U. splits and goes into civil war...

That could be interesting. I hope Wolverine does some serious butt kicking.:banana

The Hulk has faced every major heroes in the marvel Universe for the last 40 years.... including Spider-man many times...In the comics Hulk is often view as a threat to the security of the people due to his unstable nature...I for myself love to see heroes vs. heroes if the story is well written( dark knight returns is a great example of this).... For me this statue is a good call...Anyway just my 2 cent!!!

revilal said:
Im not kidding... I hate the idea of hero's termed as goodies being represented as enemies to each other.

Though I can understand why Hulk would be beating up the first person in sight, so i suppose this situation could be excused.
Nevertheless, Hulk should have been pitched against one of his well-known enemies (if he has any) and Spidey against DocOptupus for example. IMO

My views on Batman versus Superman are exactly the same. what are yours ?

Let me say that I will definitely be getting the exclusive version of this Hulk Vs Spidey statue.

That said, when it comes to the Hulk the one hero that I would be 100% okay with him fighting in a diorama is Wolverine just for mere classic comic nostalgia. Given the past two dioramas released I understand it would have been Wolvie overkill. I guess they decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and give folks 2 of the most popular characters. Even if it was not the best match up.

Personally, I would have prefered Hulk to go against The Abomination, The Leader or The Juggernaunt. I never liked Hulk Vs. Thing. In my head, there is no way that's a fair match. :D

Batman Vs Superman? no thanks. Batman has plenty of bad guys to go up against both mental and physical. Superman is another story. Brainiac comes to mind or may be Doomsday. DC characters are more defined when it comes to their bad guys so those statues would be easier to come up with. I guess I do prefer classic battles of good vs bad as well.

Thank god they didnt make the Superman vs Batman movie that was recently touted.
We would have had some confused kids out there...

I think it all goes back to the old grade school playground arguments over who would win in a fight: Batman vs. Superman, Dracula vs. the Wolfman, Han Solo vs. Indiana Jones, Abe Vigoda vs. Ernest Borgnine, etc. Kids like to imagine these potential battles, and comics have run with those possibilities just for the fun of it. At the end of the day, the good guys are still the good guys.

tomandshell said:
I think it all goes back to the old grade school playground arguments over who would win in a fight: Batman vs. Superman, Dracula vs. the Wolfman, Han Solo vs. Indiana Jones, Abe Vigoda vs. Ernest Borgnine, etc. Kids like to imagine these potential battles, and comics have run with those possibilities just for the fun of it. At the end of the day, the good guys are still the good guys.
haha. I didnt think about that. im sure there are many Spidey vs Hulk battles on playgrounds around the world everyday!

tomandshell said:

Just for the record, I would have put my money on Borgnine.

Hulk VS. Spider-Man Dilemma

"The first webslingers to priority preorder the awesome battle diorama will be treated to a very special dilemma indeed. Eeny meany miney moe, we are not letting any more information go."

What's all this?

Re: Hulk VS. Spider-Man Dilemma

How about two for the price of one!? :banana :wacky

Re: Hulk VS. Spider-Man Dilemma

Hmm... It specifically said "Priority Preorder." Yet we haven't been told of this in advance in the same way we have with Lurtz, Obi-Wan and Aragorn. Since we got the preview last week, I assumed it would go on sale this week. Will we have to wait another week to get the special info on the priority preorder first, or will they simply start selling with the release of this week's newsletter?

Wait and see, I guess.

Back