HT - M ICON- MIS06 Michael Jackson(Billie Jean/History Tour)- full spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT - M ICON- MIS06 Michael Jackson- full spec + hi-res pics

Once this hoopla dies down, there are going to be a lot of vultures trying to dump some HT MJ figures and it will saturate the market, driving the price down. I was holding off on this figure to save up for all the stuff from SSC and HT in Q2 and Q3, so I'll just look to pick one up when everyone's dumping them. It's a really nice figure from what has to be one of the defining moments in MJ's career (still blown away every time I watch him do that first moonwalk).

I think it says more about the people who are only interested in the figure NOW, because they think it will increase in value because of his death. I commend BBTS for trying to stick it to the vultures. Why shouldn't they make the extra bucks rather than a scalper who buys it from them and then turns around and sells it at a jacked up price?

I agree with you about the vultures flocking when they smell death and profit. Now as for BBTS if they had to get it from a different supplier then I can understand - but if not then I really think they are no better then the scalpers or vultures either. I've been a customer and have been very friendly with them for years and I still think it's wrong. Just because they are a business doesn't make them any better than a scalper who wants to "stick" it to the vulture either. It's the same thing to me. Oh well I don't even care because I really came into this thread as a MJ fan not as a Hot Toys fan. But I was still curious what these prices were going for because I'm a nosy black man.

was this figure really hot until he died..

No, most just meh'ed it.

i was going to get o ne for my friend who is a big fan of michael. but i waited to long and it will come back to a reasonable price..i am sorry he is gone. what great musical act.

Same, I wanted it because I used to dress up in the black shirt and hat when I was like 10. I loved that black hat. I really loved the long white lacy glove as well.

340x.jpg

Thats such a cool outfit!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DQ7JislcKtI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DQ7JislcKtI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's a really nice figure from what has to be one of the defining moments in MJ's career (still blown away every time I watch him do that first moonwalk).
If it were a figure of Michael from the Motown performance, I would definitely have more of an interest in it. But this figure has the long hair and the white-ish face with noticeable plastic surgery work (it is from the HIStory tour of the mid-1990s). As such, I just don't dig it much. Still picked one up from BBTS, as it is all we have, but since the announcement that HT might be doing another Michael, I'm not sure I'll hold onto it. If I do, I'll pose him with the hat over the face and make pretend it's an earlier version of Michael.

Same, I wanted it because I used to dress up in the black shirt and hat when I was like 10. I loved that black hat. I really loved the long white lacy glove as well.

340x.jpg

Thats such a cool outfit!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DQ7JislcKtI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DQ7JislcKtI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's more or less the outfit I have my MJ currently displayed...
plus the knee-pads and shin-guards...

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

EXCLUSIVE NEWS

I have just heard from a most reliable source there will be a new MJ figure announced soon.
It was due next month anyway, but I think due to recent events things are in a state of flux. Expect some announcement soon though.

I have no details on what version it will be.

Wookster,
is there a way of finding out if this figure will indeed see the light of day?
or is it too early to tell?...

Kuzeh you certainly are nutty for MJ... damn great bashes :rock

The night of hes death i checked ebay and HT MJ was still $140.

Now they are going for $500 on ebay ! that is totally insane.

sucks now in death the so called fans come out an support him but when he was alive people just bashed him all day.

RIP MJ !! I was always one of your loyal fans.
your music will llive on !
RIP MJ !

MAN! I cant belive he is gone.

Wookster,
is there a way of finding out if this figure will indeed see the light of day?
or is it too early to tell?...

As far as I'm aware it is going ahead as planned, should find out more details next month.

Wow that's a good job.

Kuzeh you certainly are nutty for MJ... damn great bashes :rock

Thanks guys...
I just wish I could've keep doing these bashes with Michael alive...:monkey2

The night of hes death i checked ebay and HT MJ was still $140.

Now they are going for $500 on ebay ! that is totally insane.

sucks now in death the so called fans come out an support him but when he was alive people just bashed him all day.

RIP MJ !! I was always one of your loyal fans.
your music will llive on !
RIP MJ !

MAN! I cant belive he is gone.
:lecture:lecture

As far as I'm aware it is going ahead as planned, should find out more details next month.

That's good to hear!...
too bad scalpers will go after the figure like vultures...
:(

Last edited:

In case he didn't share it, this is what Leo aka goodshipped on eBay has to say:

Thousand thanks for support my friends,

To say thanks, I am telling you an exclusive news of Hot Toys:

There will be two more Michael Jackson Version coming. Hopefully, I will be one of the first to know which versions coming out and I will tell you guys immediately @@

Promise me, don't stop collecting
Leo from goodshipped

In case he didn't share it, this is what Leo aka goodshipped on eBay has to say:

Really?2 More???Most of us have been asking for Smooth Criminal and Thriller so let`s hope it`s those 2.

I'm fairly confident it will be Smooth Criminal and Thriller, as those are his two most popular looks. I'll buy them if the likenesses are better this time around.

I remembered vaguely watching captain EO as a kid when I visited tokyo disneyland during the 80s. Didn't really remember much though, might have to re watch it again.

I think HT could indeed make a few versions of MJ. My personal favorite would be, like many others here, thriller, smooth criminal, BAD. And maybe a grammy michael, with those swarovsky studded jacket!

Heck yea, heres a collage I made of my favorite Jackson looks over the years, a lot from Bad and Dangerous as those were my favorite eras. If we get any of these, I'll be happy...

mjhottoyswants.jpg

Back